Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2020 6:25:29 PM EDT
I happened to have several extra Aimpoint micros laying around and on a whim, started out looking for a set of B&T Aimpoint Micro mounts (which are unobtainium at the moment) and stumbled upon this company MFI and ordered a couple of MFI MP5 low mounts for my SP5 and MP5K and I have to say I’m impressed with them. Very easy to mount. The mounting is rock solid, I’ve made several range trips along with disassembly and cleaning and have yet to lose zero with them and didn’t use any loctite mounting them. They have slots/windows cut in the top so they don’t obstruct the serial numbers of the gun. They place the dot a little above the hood of the front, which at first I wasn’t too sure I cared for but I actually prefer it, not busy or cluttered at all. You can also use the irons with the mount in place and optic removed. The MP5K mount is sloped at the front edge so you don’t constantly hit your knuckles on a sharp edge when cocking the gun. Anyway, with the influx of SP5 owner’s looking for mounting options just thought I’d share my experience with these mounts

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here’s the links to the MFI mounts:

https://mfiap.com/i-23899698-mfi-special-scope-mount-for-hk-mp5k-to-have-greater-space-between-the-over-mold-cocking-handle-and-the-end-of-the-rail-price-includes-usps-priority-shipping-insurance.html

https://mfiap.com/i-8938674-mfi-5-5-long-low-profile-scope-mount-with-slots-windows-to-see-serial-numbers-on-hk-mp5-sp5-k-series-hk94-ptr-9r-608-hk91-hk93-universal-price-includes-usps-priority-mail-insurance.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Agree completely with you. They are nice. I’m actually selling a few in the EE now. If you’ve ever used the old school claw mount, these are so much lower, lighter and overall simpler.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Any thoughts on the fingers that grab the receiver in comparison to the steel blocks commonly seen on the B&t mounts?
Would you say this mount is less likely to ding up the finish then the B&t?
I’ve been eyeing one of these myself
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any thoughts on the fingers that grab the receiver in comparison to the steel blocks commonly seen on the B&t mounts?
Would you say this mount is less likely to ding up the finish then the B&t?
I’ve been eyeing one of these myself
View Quote

That is exactly what has always steered me away from mounts on an HK. They always leave a “claw mark” of some kind. I have no direct experience with the B&T Mount but I can say the only contact area the narrow fingers on the MFI mount grab are the under side of the mounting flanges on the HK receiver. You can’t see in my photos, but to aid in not removing any finish, I put slivers of electrical tape on the the under side of the 4 flanges where the mount fingers grip, but I doubt this long would leave any appreciable marks without doing that extra step.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]
It also looks like on the mfi Mount the fingers have a roll pin through them? Do they actuate and bow out to mount it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I happened to have several extra Aimpoint micros laying around and on a whim, started out looking for a set of B&T Aimpoint Micro mounts (which are unobtainium at the moment) and stumbled upon this company MFI and ordered a couple of MFI MP5 low mounts for my SP5 and MP5K and I have to say I’m impressed with them. Very easy to mount. The mounting is rock solid, I’ve made several range trips along with disassembly and cleaning and have yet to lose zero with them and didn’t use any loctite mounting them. They have slots/windows cut in the top so they don’t obstruct the serial numbers of the gun. They place the dot a little above the hood of the front, which at first I wasn’t too sure I cared for but I actually prefer it, not busy or cluttered at all. You can also use the irons with the mount in place and optic removed. The MP5K mount is sloped at the front edge so you don’t constantly hit your knuckles on a sharp edge when cocking the gun. Anyway, with the influx of SP5 owner’s looking for mounting options just thought I’d share my experience with these mounts

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/013E5991-1388-4E0A-9095-539DE2B64B6B_jpe-1336923.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/7F39E872-A58C-4B3F-BB54-51AAC6D349FE_jpe-1336924.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/FC6A4BA0-4448-4755-B932-49AB36FB366E_jpe-1336925.JPG
View Quote

Nice review and pics.

Just ordered their Nathan special since I have an SP5 and P5SD3 inbound.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It also looks like on the mfi Mount the fingers have a roll pin through them? Do they actuate and bow out to mount it?
View Quote

@rochelieux
Correct, the mounting fingers have a roll pin through them and the set screw, screws into the top of them, the fingers will spin freely on the roll pin with the set screws removed. To mount them, I removed the 4 set screws, it allows the fingers to actuate outward to clear the mounting flange humps. Once they clear it, insert the set screws and the fingers get pulled up and grip the underside of the flange.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one on a PTR built C-93. I've mounted a PA 1-6x and a Holosun on it and have put a few mags through the rifle. So far, its been good with both optics. The Holosun is the current optic on it. The only issue I had was that the screws will try to cross thread on you and they are really small. It took me a little bit of time to make sure everything was lined up so this didn't happen. After they lined up, it screwed down without issue and feels solid.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
This post inspired me to purchased the MFI Optic Mount for a future weapon. I just received today. Shipping was quick and product looks very well made. At almost 1/3 the cost of the the HK MLI, it was too hard to pass on.

Edit: Could not resist. Mounted it on top of my SA SAR8 for S&G to get a feel for the hgt using an A3 stock. Optic isn't anything special, just a Sight Mark I have laying around. Even so, sight picture is right there where I want it when shouldered. Mounting was fairly easy without reading instructions. Just remove screws and swing claw foots out and place onto receiver.  Replace screws and tighten to specs. Just make sure claws are facing receiver before starting screws, they can swing around on ya. I hope this is a welcome compliment to @bestiller original post.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top