Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2018 10:52:55 PM EDT
I love Radian's stuff, so I got a Raptor for the MCX.

Shot it today, and geez. Tons of blowback (Saker 556k). I think that the side with no latch really allows the gas to come out.

Kind of disappointing, I guess I'm going back to stock.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a Raptor but I haven't noticed much blowback.. Sig "upgraded" mine to the the newer charging handle. Can't remember if it had much blowback before or not.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Want to sell the Raptor? I love mine on my AR's and MPX.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
@JAG2955

FWIW - I don't have any blowback in any of my CH.  That's any i've received from SIG or the Radian ones I have.

Raptor like this?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
@coregon

Thats the one. Mine has some very minor differences, like Radian's logo vice Sig's, and it doesn't have "LT" after Raptor.

Im going to have to shoot it back to back with my original stock handle. It shocked me, the MCX isn't very gassy to begin with. I'll bring a few different cans, too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@coregon

Thats the one. Mine has some very minor differences, like Radian's logo vice Sig's, and it doesn't have "LT" after Raptor.

Im going to have to shoot it back to back with my original stock handle. It shocked me, the MCX isn't very gassy to begin with. I'll bring a few different cans, too.
View Quote
Rgr.  I dont have any experience with the Radians, except these I have now - I got them right after SHOT show this year.  All of the Radian I have are the "LT" model.  No idea what that infers or the differences in other generations/models.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
If I have the Raptor in, I can see a single coil of spring below the right side roll pin. This is an original (non-recalled carrier), so I wonder if the back plates are different lengths.

With the OEM installed, the latch helps cover that area.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#8]
@coregon or even someone else

If you have a Raptor charging handle on your MCX with a "new" carrier, can you compare what you see with my pic where you can see a coil of the spring?

No pics necessary, I'm just wondering if the retaining plate on the new carrier is different enough to cover that gap.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@coregon or even someone else

If you have a Raptor charging handle on your MCX with a "new" carrier, can you compare what you see with my pic where you can see a coil of the spring?

No pics necessary, I'm just wondering if the retaining plate on the new carrier is different enough to cover that gap.
View Quote
@JAG2955

So, you have a Gen1/Lgacy MCX with a pre-firing pin safety carrier, correct?

I just want to replicate your exact setup.

Ill snap some pics of your replicated setup, as well as others, just for comparison.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@JAG2955

So, you have a Gen1/Lgacy MCX with a pre-firing pin safety carrier, correct?

I just want to replicate your exact setup.

Ill snap some pics of your replicated setup, as well as others, just for comparison.
View Quote
ChrisFarleythatiscorrect.gif

Yep, one of the early ones, no recall ever done.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#11]
OK - so snapped a few pics.  You're right @JAG2955 - there's definitely a gap with the Radian CH.  All pics below are with the BCG removed, so you can easily see if there is/is not a gap.

Gen1/Legacy MCX with Radian CH
Attachment Attached File

Gen1/Lagacy MCX with Gen2 CH
Attachment Attached File

Gen1/Legacy MCX with Gen1 CH
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Does the updated carrier fill that gap?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does the updated carrier fill that gap?
View Quote
Same as your picture - you can see a single coil of the recoil assembly.

I haven't seen any increase in blowback when using this Radian CH.  However, I have only shot 300BO subs through it - I have not fired 300BO supers or 556, so there could be a difference.  I dont have the Radian CH in all of my guns (none that I demo).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top