Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 4:03:33 PM EDT
Does anybody know if Sig MCX lowers are available separately? I purchased a Virtus upper receiver group NIB and it needs a home. It does have the parts to convert a regular AR lower to accept the upper and stock, but a native lower would be real nice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen them sold separately. There doesn’t seem to be any part number listings for a separate lower in any of their literature either. Try the EE.  I bought a Virtus lower on the EE and am happy that I went that route for a second MCX.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Sig hates money, so they won't.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Never seen a MCX direct from Sig at a dealer. Would be nice to be able to get a stripped lower and build it just like I want + throw on a complete MCX upper and save some money in the process by not paying the 10-11% tax.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Check the EE and Armslist, lowers pop up every so often for something like $400 to $700. Can always ask dudes selling whole guns if they'll separate the lower.

Main purpose of getting the MCX lower is for the extended/ambi mag release, and the ability to use MP5-style PDW stocks/braces. The telescoping stock is... Not very good. The folding/adjustable is infinitely better, and the only real drawback of running an AR15 lower is that the adapter adds 1/2" to the length of pull.

What kinda sucks is that Sig has yet to release anything regarding their SPEAR stock, which is a directly attached M4 stock adapter of some sort, rather than a goofy knuckle with an AR buffer tube shoehorned on.

Makes you realize that the M4 has the best selection of aftermarket parts available.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anybody know if Sig MCX lowers are available separately? I purchased a Virtus upper receiver group NIB and it needs a home. It does have the parts to convert a regular AR lower to accept the upper and stock, but a native lower would be real nice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one I need to list on EE. I bought it with the intentions of purchasing an upper, but they seem to be unobtanium and I've lost interest.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have one I need to list on EE. I bought it with the intentions of purchasing an upper, but they seem to be unobtanium and I've lost interest.
View Quote

Sent you an IM!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: ...Main purpose of getting the MCX lower is ...
View Quote

To add to your list, the QD position on the MCX lowers are better than the adapter.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Since the MCX upper is wider than an AR's, the flare on the MCX lower really cleans up the lines and makes it less ugly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
@coregon Is this ever happening?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ever is a long time

But, I won’t rule it out.  Right now, we are clearly struggling to supply the market with complete rifles (not even including mil, gov, LE, etc).  The MCX is gaining a lot of steam - opportunities like NGSW/Spear are intensifying that success.  

Honestly, I think the market is so very small, it makes my argument for it an extreme uphill battle.  People either buy a complete pistol/rifle, or they buy the upper to use on an existing lower.  I think those in this thread are the vocal minority.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ever is a long time

But, I won’t rule it out.  Right now, we are clearly struggling to supply the market with complete rifles (not even including mil, gov, LE, etc).  The MCX is gaining a lot of steam - opportunities like NGSW/Spear are intensifying that success.  

Honestly, I think the market is so very small, it makes my argument for it an extreme uphill battle.  People either buy a complete pistol/rifle, or they buy the upper to use on an existing lower.  I think those in this thread are the vocal minority.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever is a long time

Do a "minority group" group buy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ever is a long time

But, I won't rule it out.  Right now, we are clearly struggling to supply the market with complete rifles (not even including mil, gov, LE, etc).  The MCX is gaining a lot of steam - opportunities like NGSW/Spear are intensifying that success.  

View Quote
We probably are the vocal minority.

But it's hard to see where Sig is placing its emphasis when it has ten million different models of the various "P" series, and then proceeded to launch yet another AR-15 (mUh tReAD!) in an incredibly saturated market.

The MCX is one of the few "modular" rifles that actually lives up to the hype, but there seems to be a shortage of barrels and handguard options.

And since I've got you on the line, what's the latest with the SPEAR?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever is a long time

I’m definitely not ruling it out - I’ve added it to my list of possibilities to bring up in the next product development meeting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But it's hard to see where Sig is placing its emphasis when it has ten million different models of the various "P" series, and then proceeded to launch yet another AR-15 (mUh tReAD!) in an incredibly saturated market.

The MCX is one of the few "modular" rifles that actually lives up to the hype, but there seems to be a shortage of barrels and handguard options.

View Quote

"ten million P series..." may be out there, but our price list/current production models has never been so small.  We've had a Herculean effort over the past 2-3 years of trimming out alot of the "extra" sub-models, throughout the line.  Alot of that effort has allowed us to properly supply the high-demand guns (P365, P320, etc).   As for the TREAD, i'd have to look at it, but the ratios are heavily in the TREAD rifle's favor, when it comes to number of units sold.  

SPEAR is still tracking.  It's a progressive release, starting with some "unveilings" at some MIL/GOV type events that have been pushed back some, due to the CV19 stuff, but it's right around the corner.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"ten million P series..." may be out there, but our price list/current production models has never been so small.  We've had a Herculean effort over the past 2-3 years of trimming out alot of the "extra" sub-models, throughout the line.  Alot of that effort has allowed us to properly supply the high-demand guns (P365, P320, etc).   As for the TREAD, i'd have to look at it, but the ratios are heavily in the TREAD rifle's favor, when it comes to number of units sold.  

SPEAR is still tracking.  It's a progressive release, starting with some "unveilings" at some MIL/GOV type events that have been pushed back some, due to the CV19 stuff, but it's right around the corner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand why, I found a rack of Tread rifles and pistols for ~$820 at a LGS known for selling shit awful close to MSRP, if not over. Damn good price for the quality and features. Only two gripes I've found are that the barrel's stainless, which is just a personal opinion, as I'd prefer a nitride-treated barrel over a stainless one for barrel durability; and the fact that the rail makes it difficult to install a front sight correctly, something I've seen everywhere in reviews for the Tread's folding sights.

Other than that, those thing's are easily a $1200 rifle selling for $800. Seems to be it was purpose built for a LPVO, and it's very hard to beat for the price, even a PSA is pushing $600+ when you get one with a floated rail.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank God those P series models are going down/went down. I could never understand how making so many different cosmetic changes was profitable. I knew they trimmed back some of them, I didn't know how far down they were.

Was the guy who came up with the P238 Tribal ever fired?

I'll admit that I've never seen a Tread in person. Maybe I need to go gun shopping some more. It sounds like it's selling well, at least.

So...is there a price or a date for the civilian SPEAR yet? on't make me do something smart with my Trump Bux and invest them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top