Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2022 5:13:24 PM EDT
Does anyone have a bare-bones weight  (before optics, lights, lasers, vibrators are attached) so that I can compare it to the Virtus model?  I am looking for the 11.5'' model, but the 16'' will be fine as well
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I can get you this number in the next few days.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Which stock, by the way?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
MCX lower with telefold stock: 2lbs 3oz

MCX legacy upper 11.5": 4lbs 7oz

So you're looking at 6lbs 10oz. That upper has a DA muzzle  brake on it, but no can.

Upper receiver weights (no BCG or CH)
Legacy: 1lb 2oz
Virtus: 1lb 3oz
Rattler: 1lb 1oz

I thought I could make a light weight MCX with the Rattler upper and MI 10" handguard and 11.5" barrel. Surprisingly, it is 1oz heavier than the normal 11.5" Legacy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I am making an excel file that has the weights of common guns, optics, mounts, flashlights, suppressors, and other accessories.  It will have a very rough general cost of each item as well.   This thing should be pretty sweet when it is completed
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am making an excel file that has the weights of common guns, optics, mounts, flashlights, suppressors, and other accessories.  It will have a very rough general cost of each item as well.   This thing should be pretty sweet when it is completed
View Quote

@mban2 you should add your weights to the AR15 parts weight database: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/06/08/ar-15-parts-weights-database/
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@mban2 you should add your weights to the AR15 parts weight database: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/06/08/ar-15-parts-weights-database/
View Quote

Well this made my pants tight.  

I think I will use this and add the shooting accessory/backpack gear.  

My intention is to make something that will help you critically evaluate all the gear you carry to see where weight comes from.  I might try to add an MSRP column so that there is a way to see price to weight comparisons.  I think I can add an XLOONUP feature to this spreadsheet so that you can build a rifle and it will show prices and weights and possible alternatives.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top