Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 42
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I cancelled my 300 Blk Virtus order in anticipation of this Gen 3, so it better be worth it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Any word from inside Sig for when they're going to abandon the design for something else?  In the mean time, I'll wait for a $7,000 SPEAR or MCX Gen 13 recall.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Been burnt far too many times with Sig products.  At this point the only one I'm confident in is the 716i Tread.  To insure parts availability I bought four of them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
Any word from inside Sig for when they're going to abandon the design for something else?  In the mean time, I'll wait for a $7,000 SPEAR or MCX Gen 13 recall.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Been burnt far too many times with Sig products.  At this point the only one I'm confident in is the 716i Tread.  To insure parts availability I bought four of them.
View Quote

It really is ridiculous, what’s funny is there is another product on the market that was created by a current Sig employee and it’s on the third generation in less than 2 years lol. Seems that’s the culture at the company nowadays.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been told that they way military contracts work is that "Uppers" are considered an accessory and therefore subject to far less scrutiny and qualifications in order for a purchase contract to be approved.  

This photo would suggest that the new MCX gen 3 uppers do not require a special  buffer tube adapter to drop onto an existing M4 lower.  The gen 3 MCX also uses mil spec triggers now.  

Speculation:  It would appear to my eye that the changes in the GEN 3 MCX seem tailored to winning a future military "accessory" contract  for gen three MCX uppers to go on existing M4 lowers.  This would be a priority now as youtuber Task & Purpose reported that only 125,000 front line infantry would be equipped with the new Spear in 6.8 X51.  While the other 75% of the military would continue to use the current 5.56 M4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3oWZhjCrk8&ab_channel=Task%26Purpose

Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

First of all this is a tech forum and not GD.

Which products were you burned on and in what way were you burned by SIG? Because I recently broke a 556r and I sent it in and they fixed it in 3 days and I had it back in under a week.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GraniteStateMike:

Which products were you burned on and in what way were you burned by SIG? Because I recently broke a 556r and I sent it in and they fixed it in 3 days and I had it back in under a week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lordhuck:
This photo would suggest that the new MCX gen 3 uppers do not require a special  buffer tube adapter to drop onto an existing M4 lower.
View Quote

If this is true I don't know how they would work on current MCX lowers then???
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

They have promised stuff in the past that they didn't really deliver. 556XI conversions, MCX conversions etc. They've also done weird changes on stuff. I'm a huge fan but they've had their issues like everyone else. Personal for instance from me is recoil spring assembly for my X6. It's one of those guns they brought in sparingly and supported very little.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

They have promised stuff in the past that they didn't really deliver. 556XI conversions, MCX conversions etc. They've also done weird changes on stuff. I'm a huge fan but they've had their issues like everyone else. Personal for instance from me is recoil spring assembly for my X6. It's one of those guns they brought in sparingly and supported very little.
View All Quotes

99.99% of P226 X6 firearms were imported by 3rd parties and not SIG Sauer Inc. who imported yours?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:59:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ALASKANFIRE] [#10]

99.99% of P226 X6 firearms were imported by 3rd parties and not SIG Sauer Inc. who imported yours?
View All Quotes

It’s old enough I think it’s Sig Sauer but I’d have to look on it. It was a “stocking” item for years and listed on their website.

ETA
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Moto-M187:
An ambi bolt release/catch would've been nice
View Quote

I really was expecting this for the next gen MCX.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Really hoping to find out if the barrels will inter change between generations.  I spent a long time looking for a dang MCX Virtus to finally find one and 11.5 barrels are non-existent .
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If they are going to sell uppers as well as full rifles I'd pickup an upper. Glad to see you can use any aftermarket trigger. Can you use aftermarket charging handles?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:43:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MGYSGT8541] [#14]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ZUwjT4TrkElu8/giphy.gif

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ZUwjT4TrkElu8/giphy.gif

Thank you for exposing GaryT1776. His kind always tries to troll threads.  He bought 4 716's.. he is so full of it.   You jacked him up..
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
I'll just wait for the Gen 4..
View Quote
I'm holding out for gen 6.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#16]
any news on when the Gen 3 is supposed to release? Been in the market for a Gen 2 Virtus but may as well wait for the Gen 3.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice to see they're addressing one of the biggest complaints I've seen which is handguard flex. I recently jumped into the world of a 300 BLK Rattler and like it enough that I was considering an 11.5" Virtus. Think I'll hold out for a bit and wait to see these Gen 3's.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
Nice to see they're addressing one of the biggest complaints I've seen which is handguard flex. I recently jumped into the world of a 300 BLK Rattler and like it enough that I was considering an 11.5" Virtus. Think I'll hold out for a bit and wait to see these Gen 3's.
View Quote

Agreed. Two of the biggest legitimate complaints are the handguard flex and the weight. This Gen 3 seems to have addressed those.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The weight was perfect on the original "legacy" MCX, if they can get back to that then the mcx is solid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MGYSGT8541] [#20]
Originally Posted By Kgknight1037:
The weight was perfect on the original "legacy" MCX, if they can get back to that then the mcx is solid.
View Quote
The Midwest industries rail is better then OEM. It's much lighter and a skinnier profile.  Also, I like the heavier barrel profile. It's more accurate.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Coalkoy:
https://i.imgur.com/KFRXn42.jpg
View Quote

Looks like they shaved a lot of material off the upper, makes me wonder just how much the new Rattler will weigh. Damn, looks good.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Ya it seems that rail is more narrow than the virtus, looks great just wonder when the release is scheduled?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Looks much better than the current rattler
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#25]
That's subjective.  I feel like the current Rattler looks a lot better than that thing
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Incredibly ugly rail.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cheekibreeki:
Incredibly ugly rail.
View Quote

Wrong

The current rail just looks like a slab-sided, brutalist inspired piece of yuck
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Definitely prefer my current rattler over that thing....
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#29]
The Gen 3 aesthetic just doesn’t work on the rattler IMO. But regardless, it looks *functionally* better.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Current Gen Rattler looks better than that one. Especially the rail.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Also that rear sling mount is interesting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By dog_dad:

Also that rear sling mount is interesting.
View Quote

It's a POI Tac, I have it on my Virtus and Rattler. Huge improvement IMO
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#33]
It looks a lot smaller than my Rattler in that setup.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Wish these were DI

Wish the stock didn't look like it was made by Tapco
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I think the current Rattler looks much, much better.

I am excited for a new MCX though. I’ve wanted a Virtus for a while, but low supply has made the price more than I’ve wanted to spend. It’s just hard for me to pay 2-3X the price of a good DI AR.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#36]
In this pic it's called the MCX LT, and it does, in fact, have a 10.5" barrel.

Glad I waited to pick up an MCX. This is the configuration I didn't know I was waiting for. ... still waiting for. The reddit source of this pic says sig is hoping to get them out by the end of the year.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
In this pic it's called the MCX LT, and it does, in fact, have a 10.5" barrel.

Glad I waited to pick up an MCX. This is the configuration I didn't know I was waiting for. ... still waiting for. The reddit source of this pic says sig is hoping to get them out by the end of the year.

https://preview.redd.it/wqvqy7e6dyb91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8c363aba570ad4485af2e695bf73869ec9556558
View Quote

It won’t have 10.5” barrel.  It will be 11.5”.  10.5” was a very constrained and specific contract.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By coregon:

It won't have 10.5" barrel.  It will be 11.5".  10.5" was a very constrained and specific contract.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coregon:

It won't have 10.5" barrel.  It will be 11.5".  10.5" was a very constrained and specific contract.

Latest Gen is bringing lots to be happy about - don’t worry yourself with trivial things like 10.5” vs 11.5”
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#40]

This looks…. Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#41]

I have to say, the GBRS Hydra is probably the UGLIEST mount I think I've ever seen.

Functionality wise, though, it's ingenious.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By doolz:

I have to say, the GBRS Hydra is probably the UGLIEST mount I think I've ever seen.

Functionality wise, though, it's ingenious.
View Quote

I think it’s a joke but the rifle and caliber is cool.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Current timeline on when we should expect a Gen 4  MCX?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:29:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Teasing us again with 7.62x39?
View Quote

SIG does pretty good with 7.62x39 once they get it right. My 556R Gen2 is a pretty amazing rifle. I look forward to this. I can only hope it will drive Virtus and Rattler prices down but I doubt that will be the case.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RePp:

I think it’s a joke but the rifle and caliber is cool.
View Quote

Agreed. 1000%....

But watching those guys develop the mount and the logic behind it is pretty intuitive.

Lower shelf on the mount for your IR/Lasers to free up all the rail space is a hit in my book.

Does it look goofy and ugly as all hell. Yup! Will it work? More than likely.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:

SIG does pretty good with 7.62x39 once they get it right. My 556R Gen2 is a pretty amazing rifle. I look forward to this. I can only hope it will drive Virtus and Rattler prices down but I doubt that will be the case.
View Quote

Sig has been teasing a 7.62x39 MCX since the Gen 1.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By doolz:

Agreed. 1000%....

But watching those guys develop the mount and the logic behind it is pretty intuitive.

Lower shelf on the mount for your IR/Lasers to free up all the rail space is a hit in my book.

Does it look goofy and ugly as all hell. Yup! Will it work? More than likely.
View Quote

On a sub gun or super short rifle like the rattler. Ya it makes complete sense. When I see dipshits running them on 16 inch guns….
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Teasing us again with 7.62x39?
View All Quotes

I’m surprised they’ve never done a Grendel or now Arc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RePp:

On a sub gun or super short rifle like the rattler. Ya it makes complete sense. When I see dipshits running them on 16 inch guns….
View Quote

I mean, they probably work just as well on 16in guns and keep the center of gravity closer to the shooter. Either way it doesn’t fit my use case so I will not get one presently.  

I think a consolidated aiming module with a red dot and laser as one unit will eventually catch on.  The attempts up until now have been lackluster.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top