Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:25:00 PM EDT
How about just removing the Lawyered Up Firing Pin Latch & Retaining Pin. Run the Firing Pin Spring on the Firing Pin to prevent a slam fire in 5.56 (you know... the one that never happened in 5.56).

Then, install a Hyperfire 243G Trigger with the double hammer springs & blaze away like you would with any other AR FCG. This will void your warranty, so OF COURSE I would NEVER attempt this and am not recommending it to others because that would be SIG Blasphemy & I would be an Apostate in the eyes of the Sig Gods & thier Yankee A$$ Lawyers.

Please PM me your observations and views on this matter as to keep this of a confidential nature, but not if you're a Yankee A$$ Lawyer!

I like Geissele Triggers and would buy yet another one (hell, I had one of the first ones, back when you called and talked to Barb RIP, or Bill himself), but I don't want a 2 Stage Trigger. I want a S3G & the Hyperfire is as close as I think I can get without having ever fired one. I really want to keep my 2 Sig MCX 5.56 Hybrid Pistols, but the Trigger, if I can't resolve this, is a deal killer and I'm going to sell both my 2 UNFIRED AS OF YET MCX Pistols that I would rather keep but for the Trigger. That, and the perpetual unavailability of the Adapters with the Q/D socket so I can fold my stock and attach a 2 Point Friggen Sling, so I can actually have a usable weapon. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter because getting info on all these variants is harder than heck.
Have to call Ian on Forgotten Weapons or something or coregon that can't say because he probably works for SIG. No offense coregon.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Wat?

Your unresolved anger about the Civil War notwithstanding, why not just find someone with a Legacy MCX (no recall) and trade for it?

You may have the potentiality of breaking a hammer or disconnector, but feel free to use whatever you want?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a lawyer, or a firearms engineer, and this should not be considered legal or engineering advice under any circumstances... That said, I do know of people that have done exactly what you are talking about. Remove the stupid lawyer latch and let rounds fly. Probably only a good idea if you are 5.56mm exclusive.

Also, read up on the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Part of that is that manufacturers may not deny a warranty claim due to a mod unless the mod contributed to the warranty claim. So, lets say you remove the lawyer latch and your handguard melts. Since one is not related to the other, they may not deny your claim on the basis of removing the latch.

Here's a good read out too: https://www.autoanything.com/popups/MossWarranty.aspx
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wat?

Your unresolved anger about the Civil War notwithstanding, why not just find someone with a Legacy MCX (no recall) and trade for it?

You may have the potentiality of breaking a hammer or disconnector, but feel free to use whatever you want?
View Quote
not the case at all. no hammer or disconnectors breaking in MCX. MPX breaks hammers and disconnectors.

Firing Pin Latch in MCX just doesn't interact well with aftermarket hammer profiles. I have a Geiselle in Mine and when I upgraded SIG had a Geiselle compatible firing pin latch.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not the case at all. no hammer or disconnectors breaking in MCX. MPX breaks hammers and disconnectors.

Firing Pin Latch in MCX just doesn't interact well with aftermarket hammer profiles. I have a Geiselle in Mine and when I upgraded SIG had a Geiselle compatible firing pin latch.
View Quote
Well, Geissele won't warranty their triggers in an MCX, and their MCX-specific trigger has a bridge on it to protect the disconnector and the hammer has a vastly different geometry to strengthen it and slow the bolt.

Of course, I ran an MBT in mine, and pretty hard. Does the G latch work with the MBT? I think it does/did.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, the Lawyer Part was intended to be a "bit tongue in cheek". I actually have 2 "Yankee Lawyers" as Brothers in Law. Both own Firearms because they are not stupid and wish to be able to defend their Families.

So yes, superfluous comment retracted and apologies rendered.

Just a bit frustrated with the trigger deal and venting, but also trying to find a SAFE Hack to get myself in a light Single Stage Trigger with a quick reset for these Pistols. Again, my favorite CQB Trigger is a Geissele S3G.

Good to know that the MBT works with the G Latch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top