Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 12:46:24 PM EDT
5.56 sucks so you want a 308 Battle Rifle? Here's my pick!

Skip to 13:50 if you want to go straight to the bullpup.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC
Steyr Aug A1
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Like you can find a Tavor 7 anywhere.
Also, that Colt was always a bit of a WTF gun, guys that I know that bought it never got the conversion kits as they were unavailable.
For the cost of a 5.56 and a 7.62 rifle you could get one convertible from a heavy 7.72 to a very heavy ass 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the video Aussie_E! Made my Monday and my Monday is just starting.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Surprise Aug and MDRX aren't there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surprise Aug and MDRX aren't there.
View Quote

AUG isn't 7.62x51mm and despite him loving the MDR and it never failing him while hunting, he still doesn't think it's viable.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
How does it do against a horde of watermelons?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How does it do against a horde of watermelons?
View Quote

Or against a cut-rate faux meat target?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Like you can find a Tavor 7 anywhere.
View Quote

Picked up a new one at the gun show last month for under 2k before tax.  Granted it was the first one I had seen in person and the guys selling really didn't seem to know what they had.  
I am really glad I grabbed it being a lefty.  Damn good birthday present to my self.  Still working on getting is set up how I want.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Watched his video this morning. I've got a Tavor 7 on backorder, hopefully it arrives soon.

I kinda want a 901 now, lol.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Im running a variable on this now but the rifle has been a great gun. Ive been toying with the idea of throwing an elcan on it instead. Balance with suppressor is much better than other platforms I own or owned.

Here is the current configuration...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks good. I think I would try and find a shorter suppressor for it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I want that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The Tavor 7 is at the top of my wishlist.  Held off at the beginning of the year not wanting to be an early adopter.  The initial Rona Panic seemed to focus on defensive handguns and inexpensive ARs, leaving the $1500+ market relatively alone, so it was a safe bet.  Then the civil unrest panic kicked off and sucked everything out of the market.  I held out until November waiting on a non-scalper priced one and decided to throw my new .308 money at a DSA FALO. They're pretty backlogged but I suspect I'll have it before the Tavor 7 makes it back.

I'm not even sure what IWI US is making right now.  I know their factory is in PA, so they've got to deal with dumb Rona Restrictions, but I haven't seen much on the market from them except Masada pistols and Zion ARs.  Maybe that's it, both are excellent values in what they offer as 9mm and 5.56mm defensive weapons, so maybe they're just focusing on extreme demand items.  I just wish we had better insight as to what they're doing on their other products.  They did their little tease of a production run of 5.45 Galils in October and the market is screaming for more, while IWI is like, "nah, it'll be fine" and ignores the demand.  Not sure I've seen anything Tavor or Galil since the beginning of the year.  Is it an Israeli supply-side issue?  No clue.

Man, screw 2020 for all its bullshit and the sequel we're getting in 2021 so far.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Just watched MAC’s video a few days ago and am kicking myself for not buying one when I could have.  That said, I have been disappointed with every bullpup I have owned, so maybe that hesitation saved me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I love my Tavor 7.  It carries REALLY well and is more compact than my 10.3" MK18.  Absolutely incredible versatility with a 1-6X on it. The trigger isn't that bad at all either like most bullpups.  If I had to bug out, I'd take the Tavor 7 & my MK18 and leave the rest of the of Colts, DDs, and Aeros behind in the safe.  Dollar for dollar, they're better than any <$2000 CQB/urban AR out there.  It's just as short as my suppressed MK18.  My only complaint about the .308 version is it won't reliably ignite russain/steel case hard primers.

Got it from gunprime for $1900 last fall.  Now they're unobtanium at $2500 anywhere.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice shout out to the 901. It was my choice for my .308 battle rifle and I have zero regrets and love it. It's stupid accurate, suppresses well, has similar weight and almost identical balance to an SR-25 (which is dramatically better than LMT's MWS IMO), very soft recoil which a Surefire Warcomp flattens out well.

That said I'm a huge AUG fan and it would be cool to try out a .308 AUG.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#18]
FROST7  is dead on
I had a SCAR 17 snd sold it bought 901 “S”
$1500
The gun is the later one weighs 8.4 not 9.5 what MAC tested
Way different animal taking 1lb off front end rails
Stupid accurate I mean .75” with surplus
British
Israeli
PMC
Swiss
Mag-Tec
German
PRIVI
I put a VG-6 brake on it and a trigger and a 3x  ACOG
Weighs 9.4 with ACOG and empt mag
It’s my favorite .308 I have ever owned

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I love my T7.  Like others stated above.  Great trigger for a bullpup.  I just polished it tonight.  I started handloading for it.  Im hope full to get it under 2 moa.  They love lighter bullets and I bought all kinds of them.  Suppresses awesome with the adjustable gas block.  Mines short with a trash panda on it.  Im running a razor on it and while on the heave side it balances well and recoil is very tame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top