Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2022 12:38:25 PM EDT
I have an SDS S4 clone.  All things being equal it runs pretty good after giving it a real Benelli M4 extractor.  I know the quality isn't even in the same hemisphere as the real deal but my question is; having a functioning clone is it worth the 2k for the real supermodel or divert away since the clone works and get a 1301 for the stable.  Obviously the clone is there for a fun beat me gun but i want a high end as well.  I know the correct answer is buy them all, but my budget disagrees.  Not that it is the same but there is also a 930SPX in the toybox also, and i got lucky, it runs well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My take on Turkish shotguns is this:

If you buy it as a fun gun, knowing full well that when it breaks you may very well be SOL when it comes to parts/service, you're fine.

The issue comes down to people buying them thinking they're good for a situation where they might be used in defense of life and limb. The answer is: THEY ARE NOT.

The secondary issue is that the warranty on these things is garbage. 1 or 2 years at most, and many times the importers can't get replacement parts in or will not send them to a gunsmith for repair.

So if you're already understanding both points, you're far ahead of the average buyer of these guns and you'll be fine, assuming you understand and are willing to accept the risk.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I fully understand these are not meant to be duty guns, just fun toys. Hell, push came to shove id be using my old war horse 870. I was more wondering if a real M4 was worth having for same manual of arms or just go 1301 ($500 less entry fee). Both guns have a list of pros and cons are are reliable enough to trust.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a SDS Tac12 and your right it’s a blast to shoot and has been reliable so far but
like you need a reputable make been looking at a 1301 and the new Mossberg 940 pro tactical.
The 940 has great reviews so far and it’s right around $1000!
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 Not that it is the same but there is also a 930SPX in the toybox also, and i got lucky, it runs well.
View Quote

Count yourself lucky. My experience with the only 930SPX I have fired, was not as successful. Though, it did push me to buy a 1301, so there is that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd skip right to the Beretta- sell the other two if you have to.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fully understand these are not meant to be duty guns, just fun toys. Hell, push came to shove id be using my old war horse 870. I was more wondering if a real M4 was worth having for same manual of arms or just go 1301 ($500 less entry fee). Both guns have a list of pros and cons are are reliable enough to trust.
View Quote

You can get a Benelli M4 for just about the same amount as a 1301.  The trick is you have to buy the M1014 and you have to not care about the telescoping stock/grip.  The M1014 can usually be had for $1,900 online.  You buy that, then buy either the hunting style stock or the standard pistol grip stock.  The telescoping stock and grip can be sold for $600-800 depending on the time.  Let's say you sell it for $600.  Now your M1014 cost $1,300.  Buy a the pistol grip stock or hunting stock which is like $120.  You have an M4 for $1,450 or less.

I've done it twice.  Bought an M1014 then stupidly sold it, missed it a ton then bought my second one and did the same thing.  The first one I luckily was able to sell the stock for $900, and I bought the gun for $1799 so I had a $900 M4... then bought the regular pistol grip stock and basically had an M4 for $1,020.  The second time I bought it for $1849 and sold the stock for $650, then again a $120 PG stock.  So I had a M4 for $1,320.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd skip right to the Beretta- sell the other two if you have to.
View Quote

The Gen 2 1301’s are a bit lackluster. Beretta cheaper out on them a bit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Coopla T-4 amd a Benelli M4.  The T-4 is one of the early ones.  Shoots everything, no metal fatigue etc.  I like them both.  I wouldn't sell either one.  However I still would pick up my Remington 870 to defend myself.  

Regards
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top