Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
M249s (Page 2 of 6)
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
With these crazy prices, I've been seriously considering getting rid of my 249 and going Fightlite w/ binary trigger.  What does the hive mind say to this?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 5:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Homeinvader] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iiiwildfireiii:
With these crazy prices, I've been seriously considering getting rid of my 249 and going Fightlite w/ binary trigger.  What does the hive mind say to this?
View Quote

I would hold on to it at almost all costs.

I think the M249S is a unique opportunity to see transferable MG-level appreciation in a newly produced Title I firearm. And probably at a faster rate of return.

FN has said they’ll be making more, but due to this being so niche and it’s relatively high retail price when they are readily available ($8000-$9000), this will continue to be a very limited-release and limited-availability firearm. And under these circumstances, they won’t be making many more of these.  It’s also highly, highly collectible being an FN-manufactured semi-auto version of their very own M249 rather than a mere parts gun.

What’s more, all the parts are out there to convert to an Mk46 or any other M249 variant.

There’s just nothing remotely like this situation out there and I can virtually guarantee you’ll see it appreciate almost limitlessly.

The Ares/Fightlite just can’t compete here…
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently picked one up for $11k and was happy with that price. I wish I had bought one much earlier.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking to get one but I am out of luck until a new batch is made.  I'd prefer not to pay the current premium over MSRP for ones on sites like gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Homeinvader:

I think the M249S is a unique opportunity to see transferable MG-level appreciation in a newly produced Title I firearm. And probably at a faster rate of return.

FN has said they’ll be making more, but due to this being so niche and it’s relatively high retail price when they are readily available ($8000-$9000), this will continue to be a very limited-release and limited-availability firearm. And under these circumstances, they won’t be making many more of these.  It’s also highly, highly collectible being an FN-manufactured semi-auto version of their very own M249 rather than a mere parts gun.

What’s more, all the parts are out there to convert to an Mk46 or any other M249 variant.

There’s just nothing remotely like this situation out there and I can virtually guarantee you’ll see it appreciate almost limitlessly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Homeinvader:

Who from FN said they will be making more semi 249's?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:

View Quote

I was told that directly by the girl that answered the phone at FN America's customer service. She told me they make them in runs, and another run was in the pipeline but she couldn't give me a specific date as to when they were going to start up again.

I mean it wasn't the CEO swearing a blood oath, so put as much or as little credence on it as you like.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Debo75:

I was told that directly by the girl that answered the phone at FN America's customer service. She told me they make them in runs, and another run was in the pipeline but she couldn't give me a specific date as to when they were going to start up again.

I mean it wasn't the CEO swearing a blood oath, so put as much or as little credence on it as you like.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:

I was also told at the 2019 AUSA Convention by the FN rep there that an M240S was in the works.  I am skeptical...
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I swear, the more I see the prices rise on the 249s, the more I'm tempted to sell mine, buy a Fightlite and get myself some LASIK with the left over cash.  

Decisions...
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I swear, the more I see the prices rise on the 249s, the more I'm tempted to sell mine, buy a Fightlite and get myself some LASIK with the left over cash.  

Decisions...
View Quote

I'd be interested in it.  :)
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#10]
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#11]
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 9:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#12]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#13]
On listed on Gunbroker right now with an opening price of 22K!!  No bites yet, but 9 days to go.  will be interesting to watch.

Doc
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtb33] [#14]
The FN M249S Para is on my list if I can find another one for the right/realistic price - that probably won't happen unless they release a new run of them though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:42:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#15]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#16]
See my comment above.  We don't want to start warnings and bans here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Unlocked and posts edited.  Don't repeat similar rude comments here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
Confirmed, coming back
View Quote

Woo Hoo!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone see the PARA in stock anywhere yet?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody recall the price the last time these were sold? I thought closer to 8k. Looks like 10k for either black model and 10,500 for the fde versions.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By balthezor:
View Quote

On FNs website. regular m249 are 10k, and Para is 10.5. Doesnt matter the color.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#23]

On FNs website. regular m249 are 10k, and Para is 10.5. Doesnt matter the color.
View All Quotes

Uh, no.  If you click on "buy" there, it takes you to one of FN's distributors like Davidson's.  They are not in stock anywhere yet.  It'll be a while.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
Confirmed, coming back
View Quote

Fuck yeah
And my apologies for whatever I said in 2021 that got edited. My gut reaction was offering to buy one for $7500 on the spot but the comments seem like it was a poor joke

Sorry
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:04:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Lol oh damn $10,500
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Assuming those are MAP prices and they settle around the 7,500-8,000 mark I think they’ll sell well. No  idea how I’m going to justify a Para but I’m sure I’ll think of something.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Assuming those are MAP prices and they settle around the 7,500-8,000 mark I think they’ll sell well. No  idea how I’m going to justify a Para but I’m sure I’ll think of something.
View Quote

They were over 8K even back then. More likely in the 9K region now. Prices on everything are up since the last time they were readily available.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

They were over 8K even back then. More likely in the 9K region now. Prices on everything are up since the last time they were readily available.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

I’m just basing my guess on MAP vs retail prices on their other stuff. According to FN SCAR 20s are $4800.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Good point I didn’t think of map pricing when I was looking.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Wholesale on the base model is $8k, I guarantee dealers will grab up every unit released for the first 6 months minimum…
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone heard of FN releasing a semi 240? I asked one of my local dealers about an allocation for a 249s. He called me back offering a semi 240… I think this is actually an Ohio Ordinance gun but he insisted it was an FN.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Nope.  They were going to release one after the M249S, but did not.  To my knowledge, OOW is the only big manufacturer to release one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I spoke to FN rep @ SHOT and the M249 get a crazy price bump.   WTF?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CageFighter:
I spoke to FN rep @ SHOT and the M249 get a crazy price bump.   WTF?
View Quote

Inflation and market pricing, it seems fair.

There is another recall on the m249's by the way, for all those built before 2022 which is all of them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone know the release date for them?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By vidsicious:

Inflation and market pricing, it seems fair.

There is another recall on the m249's by the way, for all those built before 2022 which is all of them.
View Quote

I seem to remember paying around 7200-7500 when I got mine.  I'd like to get the original stock and barrel vs the para which I have, so I may buy another one.  They are novelties, but I still like having them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know what the US military pays for a real M249?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Which one of these is generally preferred or more collectible?  Original stock or para?  Not sure I will be able to swing either but am planning/dreaming a bit.  I am thinking original stock but am interested in opinions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Lostinthedark:
Has anyone heard of FN releasing a semi 240? I asked one of my local dealers about an allocation for a 249s. He called me back offering a semi 240… I think this is actually an Ohio Ordinance gun but he insisted it was an FN.

Thoughts?
View Quote

At the time the first M249S came out, FN did file trademarks for both M249S and M240S.

Somebody at FN back then said they were planning on an M240S.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ds1:
Which one of these is generally preferred or more collectible?  Original stock or para?  Not sure I will be able to swing either but am planning/dreaming a bit.  I am thinking original stock but am interested in opinions.
View Quote
Doesn't matter.  The only difference between the two are the barrel and stock, both of which are readily available on the second-hand market and swap in seconds.  If you were to want both, probably best to get the Para, because the 249S Para barrel incorporates a "spacer" and perm-attached muzzle device to allow it to meet the legal length.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:19:40 AM EDT
[#41]
At the time the first M249S came out, FN did file trademarks for both M249S and M240S.

Somebody at FN back then said they were planning on an M240S.
View Quote

This. The FN rep told me in 2018 or so at the AUSA convention about the M240S being in the works, though likely at double the cost of the M249S.  But I don't see it ever happening, to be honest.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a build I’m trying to finish. I need help sourcing parts. Barrels and stocks are easy. It’s everything else.
I’m hoping when production of the M249s ramps back up so will extra parts production as well.
Although any input would be great
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:26:15 AM EDT
[#43]
The new ones will have the new internals in them.From there recall they have out now ..No one will want them.Only will make old ones worth even more
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rubicon20032003] [#44]
from other page.From  my understanding they are changing out all the parts in the trigger mech so it won’t “accidentally” go full giggle. I have talked to one of the guys at FN and he did confirm they have a new ATF reapproved version of the SAW coming out but the internals are COMPLETELY different  from the old ones. The ATF got suspicious when so many SOTs were converting them and they reinspected the guns and said it was to easily converted to its original form and no longer could be produced.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:
from other page.From  my understanding they are changing out all the parts in the trigger mech so it won’t “accidentally” go full giggle. I have talked to one of the guys at FN and he did confirm they have a new ATF reapproved version of the SAW coming out but the internals are COMPLETELY different  from the old ones. The ATF got suspicious when so many SOTs were converting them and they reinspected the guns and said it was to easily converted to its original form and no longer could be produced.
View Quote

Such a ridiculous justification - many guns are easy to convert to FA with a mill and knowledge of what needs to be done, and some common guns just need a drop-in part.

Of course this is ATF...
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#46]
They are in the wild! Just got a call from a local gun store that they got their first 249 from the new run. This was a black para model, and he was asking 10k. And of course there are a couple up on Gunbroker already this morning.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#47]
MSRP on them is $9,999.  Do guns that are readily available ever sell for MSRP, much less $10K guns?  I bet that those dealers who are early out the gate may be able to get the higher prices for them, but once they are out more at online places like kygunco and others, I'm guessing the prices will come down.  Don't know though.  Is this a single run of 5,000 guns and then back to not produced for 10 years?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#48]
They are in the wild! Just got a call from a local gun store that they got their first 249 from the new run. This was a black para model, and he was asking 10k. And of course there are a couple up on Gunbroker already this morning.
View Quote

Several new listings popped on GB around Weds/Thurs.  it seems that all the models are out there because There are new listings for black and FDE in both models around different sites.  IE PSA has a black standard and PARA
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 8:07:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
MSRP on them is $9,999.  Do guns that are readily available ever sell for MSRP, much less $10K guns?  I bet that those dealers who are early out the gate may be able to get the higher prices for them, but once they are out more at online places like kygunco and others, I'm guessing the prices will come down.  Don't know though.  Is this a single run of 5,000 guns and then back to not produced for 10 years?
View Quote

Before the shutdown these things got down to 6K.  I think this new model will be less desirable because the  drop in F/A trigger/bolt supposedly won’t work on this one.  I give it a few weeks before some creative people have something avail for SOT’s on this one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I remember paying $6700 for mine. For the guys looking to get one would get one even from the new batch. These things are so cool I wouldn't pass it up.
Page / 6
M249s (Page 2 of 6)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top