Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 1:59:58 PM EDT
After reading a few of the reviews I was skeptical about ordering this out of fear it wasn’t going to fit. Lo and behold it was delivered today off a gun broker for $130 and when I went to go mounted up it was not lining up or fitting very well. After playing with it a bit I noticed the unit had a very slight twist to it so once I latched the back rail and I just move the very front portion of it a little bit and it snapped into place very happy and fits well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You and me both...mine too I had to do a bit of fitting using a file.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that a usgi leaf site? Or a copy? I hate the idea of dropping a 100.00 bill on one but also not a fan of losing my zinc pushers because of missing berms.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a Knights Armament one I picked up from Armsunlimited for $100. It came to me brand new with no issues so far
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a Knights Armament one I picked up from Armsunlimited for $100. It came to me brand new with no issues so far
View Quote

Those are super nice. I'm glad I got one when they had them, wish I would have gotten 2.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks good, better than I thought it would. Was definitely a bummer when they stopped making the M203 specific Kaos stock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I really wanted to get the LMT standalone stock for the rail mounted M203s....but like all of you, I found that they don’t come up often. But when they do, they want ALOT for it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I was worried this stock was going to look like a cob job/hack. But I was willing to give it a shot for 130.00 when I found it on gun broker. After installing, I am happy I tool the gamble. It fits well, and honesly doesnt look bad at all. Above all it functions. Put a few 12 gauge rounds through he adapter you see in the pic....no issues. Held up fine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
do you have a side profile shot?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
do you have a side profile shot?
View Quote

In addition to a profile shot, can I get a measurement of the smallest point in the gap at the back.  I could 3d print a nice spacer to be stuck between the receiver and chassis for a better look
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
They actually make an airsoft version which is pretty much identical to the real one but costs half as much. The only difference is it a little less beefy, the upper part where the rail is is thinner and it uses smaller hex screws to attach the rail to the body. However given that most of the recoil should be directed back along the axis of the bore, I am not sure that matters much, as long as you have physical contact between the stock and the LMT receiver. If you leave a gap at the back then there might be some radial torque however.

The only issue is that when you mount the LMT there is a sharp edge that rubs your trigger finger on either model. With the spikes launcher it mates perfectly at that spot.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In addition to a profile shot, can I get a measurement of the smallest point in the gap at the back.  I could 3d print a nice spacer to be stuck between the receiver and chassis for a better look
View Quote

You could also copy the spikes triangle plates from the M203 Kaos specific stock.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I fixed the gap on the kaos by simply milling down one of the rails. Once it's put back together you can't even tell it is modified, and the nub on the top of the 203 no longer prevents it from going all the way back.

Regarding the 203-specific kaos, does that triangle plate provide actual physical contact so as to transfer the recoil from receiver to stock, or is it purely aesthetic?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I fixed the gap on the kaos by simply milling down one of the rails. Once it's put back together you can't even tell it is modified, and the nub on the top of the 203 no longer prevents it from going all the way back.

Regarding the 203-specific kaos, does that triangle plate provide actual physical contact so as to transfer the recoil from receiver to stock, or is it purely aesthetic?
View Quote

It is purely aesthetic, just to cover the gap. You could probably put a little bit of rubber in there to help, but it is pretty tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top