Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2018 9:40:59 PM EDT
Been looking all over and can;'t seem to find a +1 20 gauge extension for my chopped M2.  12.75" barrel.

Anyone know of a vendor?

DSC_1685-M2 ShellUp by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop showing me that picture. You're going to cost me money.

Sorry, haven't seen such a specific beast as what you seek. I'll keep me eyes open.

Maybe a local shop could fab something up for you?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry, haven't seen such a specific beast as what you seek. I'll keep me eyes open.

View Quote
Ahh...  my plan is working...

I've got about $2k in that gun; $1100 for the initial purchase, $200 stamp, $500 extra barrel, $200 for chop, thread, and 4 chokes.

Buy a used base gun and don't worry about not having a non-NFA barrel and you can save $700 or so.  I bought the extra barrel because that gun is also my upland bird gun, and 12.75 is really just too short for wing shooting (though I have fun with the looks I get at the skeet range!)
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've got about $2k in that gun; $1100 for the initial purchase, $200 stamp, $500 extra barrel, $200 for chop, thread, and 4 chokes.

Buy a used base gun and don't worry about not having a non-NFA barrel and you can save $700 or so.  I bought the extra barrel because that gun is also my upland bird gun, and 12.75 is really just too short for wing shooting (though I have fun with the looks I get at the skeet range!)
View Quote
That's the problem. I'm half there, already. I have an M2 I bought used from GB so I know how sweet of a shooter it would be.

It's in MAX4, though, so it'd look pretty hodge podge with a shorty black barrel on it. Though that might look pretty nifty. Sort of an IDGAF look to it...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got an M2 I had cut to 10". I wanted 12" or so but the barrel walls were to thin. What chokes did you use for that barrel?
" />

I hunt with mine all the time. No issues.
" />
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've got an M2 I had cut to 10". I wanted 12" or so but the barrel walls were to thin. What chokes did you use for that barrel?
https://preview.ibb.co/dQVH2q/M2-sbs.jpg" target="_blank">https://preview.ibb.co/dQVH2q/M2-sbs.jpg

I hunt with mine all the time. No issues.
https://preview.ibb.co/bTxdaA/M2-sbs-hunting.jpg" target="_blank">https://preview.ibb.co/bTxdaA/M2-sbs-hunting.jpg
View Quote
That's pretty sweet, and how mine would look if I chopped it.

I don't want to chop my only barrel, though. Man, is finding a reasonably priced used one about a challenge!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are really nice
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]
@FredMan

Can you find a longer (+4, +5 etc) Nordic extension tube and coupling ?

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@FredMan

Can you find a longer (+4, +5 etc) Nordic extension tube and coupling ?

View Quote
Oh yeah, Steve; those seem to be available.

I just want to keep it no longer than the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe he’s suggesting a longer tube may be cut and re-threaded.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Can the M2 20 ga be modified to ghost load an extra shell?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, same process as the 12 ga guns.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, but you'd have to weld up the "early trip" notch on the carrier.  Or find some kind of adequate filler.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, but you'd have to weld up the "early trip" notch on the carrier.  Or find some kind of adequate filler.
View Quote
There are other, simpler methods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top