Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2022 9:30:50 PM EDT
Ironically, this is the first M1A I ever shot. Since then I have posted about two others that I found locally, but never bought. Went to possibly buy the standard model, but it was gone. My buddy bought the NM model. After shooting with him today, he offered me this one. I couldn’t pass it up. Grabbed a couple pics before the sun went down. He also included a SA M2 bipod. I called SA and it left them as a receiver in 8/91.

Broke it down to see what all USGI parts it has.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a beautiful rifle. I would have chose that over the NM.

How well does it shoot?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a beautiful rifle. I would have chose that over the NM.

How well does it shoot?
View Quote
No kidding!  SAK barrel and TRW bolt -- primo parts.

For the love of God, put some grease on her -- she looks dry.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice! There used to be a TRW plant in Jackson, totally gone now.

The 80's and early 90's M1A's were probably some of the better M1A's ever made after EB sold the company. [illinois]

Lots of NOS USGI parts in them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve already broken it down and greased it up. It shoots very well. When I first shot it months ago, we were hitting autonomous targets at 300 and 500m with it. I knew nothing of M1A’s at that time, so I didn’t realize what it was until after I bought it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#5]
NM so is it bedded? If so, don't remove the receiver from the stock any more then you absolutely have to. Don't need to to clean it and each time you do, it will loosen up a bit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are really great rifles.  With a good set of gas system tools you can keep it running for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those are really great rifles.  With a good set of gas system tools you can keep it running for a long time.
View Quote

Exactly, these rifles are super low maintenance.

Grease 'em, clean the gas piston and chamber.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No kidding!  SAK barrel and TRW bolt -- primo parts.

For the love of God, put some grease on her -- she looks dry.
View Quote

Some nice GI parts on that one, these things are getting pricey.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Love it.  I have a 1993 mfg, all usgi that I scored from a CTD storefront.  My nephew liked it so much, he found a 1994 mfg at a gunshow for $1200, practically brand new.

Other than some bolt springs replacement, both run like raped apes.  Grease, chamber maid, bore snake, and sadlak gas drill bits.  That's it.  Most range trip cleanups are like 5-8 min.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top