Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 3:53:27 PM EDT
So I've been thinking about scoping my full size M1A. In the past on a previous M1A, I have used the Brookfield Precision mount, but sadly they are no more.

I have been looking at the Fulton Armory Brookfield Precision type mount, but they are out of stock just like almost every other mount on the market right now.

Sadlak is pretty much out of every one of their mounts except for an aluminum mount.

ARMS 18 is OOS everywhere too.

Was thinking about the Smith scope mount but it's practically double price-wise what some of the other ones are.

So since I have been out of the loop when it comes to M1A scope mounts, what are you guys think? What do you think about the Sadlak aluminum mount?

https://www.sadlak.com/product-page/m1a-scope-mount-aluminum

Or hold out for a steel mount to come in stock?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
LRB Arms M25 receiver is what you seek.  https://www.lrbarms.com/m14-receivers--actions.html
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
We used a few of the aluminum Sadlaks on genuine M14s with no problems. I wouldn’t hesitate to use one, buy with confidence...
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI again.  Amazing how that happens.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LRB Arms M25 receiver is what you seek.  https://www.lrbarms.com/m14-receivers--actions.html
View Quote

That's not a option...
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We used a few of the aluminum Sadlaks on genuine M14s with no problems. I wouldn’t hesitate to use one, buy with confidence...
View Quote

Thanks! I ordered one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
We found the Brookfield mounts would work loose, even with Loctite, so we tack welded the head of the mounting bolt to the outside of the steel mount.

I don't know how well aluminum works.

You might find some new Armscorp clone mounts on Gunbroker.

Smith Enterprise sells similar mounts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Smith enterprise with the older weaver cut top.  Hey they were blowing them out cheap.  

I would have no qualms using the Sadlak aluminum mount.   None.  

That said after having gone through the scoping and bedding in a McMillan M3a stock I still say its not bolt gun accurate nor will it be.  It is also a bit heavy and unergonomic even with the M3a cheek piece.  

Just my two bits.

Mark your screws with a paint marker to see if they walk out on you.  My old springfield aluminum mount was terrible for that.....single slotted thumb screw mount gen 1.   A call to Springfield got me the advice to beat their aluminum mount to swage it into the receiver T slots.  It did help some.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I doubt that you will be disappointed
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Get with Bassett Machine Shop and look into their low mount
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy once cry once, Call Smith Enterprise...
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks! I ordered one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I ordered one.

I changed out my SA mount to the Sadlak and I am very pleased with the setup. I had so many issues with the Springfield mount coming loose and get ring to fit the rail properly.  The Sadlak mount is leagues better in design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top