Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2023 12:58:30 PM EDT
I must say, I'm a bit surprised.  With all the openings on this firearm, I figured there would be gas everywhere, especially with a Nomad L on it.   Now that I've lived with it, its not bad at all.

This gun is pretty long and fairly heavy to begin with so I thought the suppressor would really make it miserable and unwieldy but its not a whole lot different, honestly.

I shoot off hand, in the woods, so small, light guns have always been my go to.  125 yards is about the farthest I can see, anywhere on the property.  There is no way I can stretch the M1A's legs where I'm at but I really, really like shooting it.  It is loud as all get out, so suppressing it, has made a tremendous difference.

One of my dogs goes mad when I shoot the M1A unsuppressed, but now, he doesn't care a bit.  Apparently the original muzzle device makes a high pitched ringing sound that really is bad on dog ears.  Glad to have fixed that.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The BFA breech cover helps with gas.

DSC_0522-M1A Action by FredMan, on Flickr

DSC_0521-M1A Can by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful rifle OP.  It will serve you well when a rabid Moose, CWD deer or a squirrel with a spur in it's ass attacks you.  

That being said, just wait until you build an AR10 and suppress it.  Even Mo' betta
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top