Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2024 7:28:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rocketboy42]
Anybody run this combo or another micro red dot? Looking to spice mine up and can’t decide which red dot to go with. Looking at a RMR with 1 MOA dot
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#1]
I think I would choose a closed emitter optic (glass front and back). I run an Aimpoint 9000L 2 MOA dot in 30 mm rings on another gun but the Aimpoint ACRO seems ideal if you can live with 3.5 MOA dot (at 200 yds that’s 7 inches at 50 yds that’s 1.75 in which I’d be OK with) .
I was pretty happy with a Aimpoint Comp M4s on one, anything that’s not quick detach kind of eliminates the irons so look at LaRue QD mounts before you select.

Trijicon new RCR on a LaRue QD LT726 would be ideal If the optic becomes available.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:14:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rocketboy42] [#2]
I’m trying to keep the dot site as low as possible to get a good cheek rest on the stock. It proven to be difficult since most mounts push the  optic on high side.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#3]
Right the stocks suck for traditional optics. On the up side cheekweld is not the problem with a dot that it is with traditional   optics.   I’d wait for the new RCR Trijicon.

https://www.larue.com/products/rmr-mount-qd-lt726/

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Just get a cheek riser and don't let that be the limiting factor.

I have a Triad Tactical stock on mine with an ARMS 18 mount and an Aimpoint Pro in an ADM low mount. The Triad pack lets you adjust the comb height with strips of Velcro One Wrap, and it cinches down tight on the stock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Rocketboy42:
Anybody run this combo or another micro red dot? Looking to spice mine up and can’t decide which red dot to go with. Looking at a RMR with 1 MOA dot
View Quote

Not a SOCOM, but in effect the same. Tanker with an ARMS 18 and 1 MOA RMR II.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That looks so slick.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lew:

That looks so slick.
View Quote

Thanks, this one is making a serious run at becoming my favorite M1A.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That looks so slick.

My wife knows I have two M14s. She'd stake me over an ant hill if I were to get a SOCOM or Tanker I'm jonesin' for.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#9]

That stock is beautiful, whole rifle is slick, but that stock...
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DH243:

That stock is beautiful, whole rifle is slick, but that stock...
View Quote

Thanks. Believe it or not, that is actually the stock that came on it. I've seen a lot of recent Tankers and Loadeds that have come with stocks that look just as good. I don't know what the stock contractor did, and I can't remember who is doing it currently, but they've been a lot nicer looking recently.
Mine had a very faint Tung oil odor to it when I got it out of the box, and it was fairly dry. This pic is with probably between six to ten applications of tung oil, starting off 1:1 with mineral spirits and gradually reducing the ratio to all Tung oil. The wood grain really is great to look at, and I think the rifle would be completely different in any synthetic stock.
This is classic steel and wood, and I wanted to keep the rifle as close to that as I could. I was even hesitant to put an enlarge mag lever on it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]

My wife knows I have two M14s. She'd stake me over an ant hill if I were to get a SOCOM or Tanker I'm jonesin' for.
View Quote

I'm absolutely the -last- person for marital advice, but maybe explained as a quick-change barrel?
Seriously, I understand. Hope you can find a way to make the jump. After I had a Loaded and SOCOM I was really not looking for another one but that Tanker kept calling out to me. Now that I have it, I am very happy I do.
I am so far at least, able to withstand that damn Scout, but in the right circumstances I may have to give in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]

I'm absolutely the -last- person for marital advice, but maybe explained as a quick-change barrel?
Seriously, I understand. Hope you can find a way to make the jump. After I had a Loaded and SOCOM I was really not looking for another one but that Tanker kept calling out to me. Now that I have it, I am very happy I do.
I am so far at least, able to withstand that damn Scout, but in the right circumstances I may have to give in.
View Quote

I think it'll happen eventually, but I have other firearm priorities.

The Scout's never appealed to me. Shot one once. Didn't make much of an impression over the Standard or the SOCOM.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]

I think it'll happen eventually, but I have other firearm priorities.

The Scout's never appealed to me. Shot one once. Didn't make much of an impression over the Standard or the SOCOM.
View Quote

Completely understand. I kind of want it just because it fills the gap in my M1A line, which is probably why I haven't pushed the button on it to this point.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not a SOCOM, but in effect the same. Tanker with an ARMS 18 and 1 MOA RMR II.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/IMG_5504-3148264.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/IMG_5418-3134939.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/IMG_5416-3134937.jpg

Nice rig, just installed the Bad Aces with RMR 1 MOA, I also installed flush cups and running a Slingster. Now how to rig a light on it!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice rig, just installed the Bad Aces with RMR 1 MOA, I also installed flush cups and running a Slingster. Now how to rig a light on it!
View Quote

Versa Pod rail/sling loop, Arisaka 45* offset, light of your choosing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top