Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2020 5:51:44 AM EDT
Picked up an LRB m14sa... the guy was a big collector.. The only thing I have question on is the bipod. It appers to be 1960's  from the production numbers. But from all the pics I have seen the welds on the legs and adjusters does not look right to me

I know jack nothing about  M2 bipods.. thanks for any help.. It will be for sale after I make sure it is either USGI or copy.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly US Mil one?

Fake if not brazed.

While mine has a worn finish, you can easily see the brazing. It took me awhile to find one that wasn't a fake.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Took it to a big military gun guy here locally he says its legit USGI...
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The legs on your bipod do not compare favorably with my known GI original. Mine still has a visible DAS stamp and the M markings on the legs.

FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The legs on your bipod do not compare favorably with my known GI original. Mine still has a visible DAS stamp and the M markings on the legs.

FWIW.
View Quote

@hurstXJ

Do you have some pics.. ? It would be nice to have to compare to.

They guy I took it to is a big ww2 / Vietnam collector.. he said he had seen ones like this one before they are not the best looking ones but still USGI... He pointed out this could have been arsenal repair and re finish but could not be sure.    

He offered me 150.00  for it said could go for 300.00 to the right guy looking  but I kind of doubt it,
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@hurstXJ

Do you have some pics.. ? It would be nice to have to compare to.

They guy I took it to is a big ww2 / Vietnam collector.. he said he had seen ones like this one before they are not the best looking ones but still USGI... He pointed out this could have been arsenal repair and re finish but could not be sure.    

He offered me 150.00  for it said could go for 300.00 to the right guy looking  but I kind of doubt it,
View Quote

PM me your email and I'll send you some.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]

It looks like the top of the left leg has been repaired by welding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top