Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2018 11:59:18 AM EDT
Got my lage upper from a fellow fourm member and don’t have my M11 yet.

Quick question. Will the metal plate in the lage upper not beat up the rear plate of the M11?

Seems to me that a thin buffer should go between the 2.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No - that plate is the same profile as the original. The backplate will be fine.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No - that plate is the same profile as the original. The backplate will be fine.
View Quote
So the buffer that everyone refers too is between the plate shown and bolt correct?

I wish I had my gun in hand then I would have a better understanding how they go together.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the black rubber thing. You are going to want to order extras as they don't last that long. I'd get the lage front grip and the extended charging handle as well.

Depending on which stock your m11 is coming with the lage ones are very good as well.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes the black rubber thing. You are going to want to order extras as they don't last that long. I'd get the lage front grip and the extended charging handle as well.

Depending on which stock your m11 is coming with the lage ones are very good as well.
View Quote
I have the lage colisable stock and it comes with a ace folding stock I think.

And I do have a extra lage buffer. Need to get some buffers for the stock upper.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Just save yourself the time and shipping and order everything Lage offers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just save yourself the time and shipping and order everything Lage offers.
View Quote
I’m really wanting the 22 conversation kit. Wish they would get it back in stock.

I held the fellow members MAC 11 with the practical solutions Uzi side folding stock and it felt really nice. I do like the way the lage side folder looks tho.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Ohhh... stop teasing me with accessories that are not on my short term budget plan...
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m really wanting the 22 conversation kit. Wish they would get it back in stock.

I held the fellow members MAC 11 with the practical solutions Uzi side folding stock and it felt really nice. I do like the way the lage side folder looks tho.
View Quote
Email them and get on the waiting list for the 22 kit. One of my friends signed up a month or two ago and they were claiming a year I believe.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Email them and get on the waiting list for the 22 kit. One of my friends signed up a month or two ago and they were claiming a year I believe.
View Quote
I’m on it and yes they said next year.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’m on it and yes they said next year.
View Quote
That's crazy but it is a nice setup. I've shot it before and was surprised on the reliability of it, full auto 22s are normally a PITA to get working correctly.

With that said I can reload 115gr subsonic for $0.10 a round so I don't bother with 22s *shrugs*
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's crazy but it is a nice setup. I've shot it before and was surprised on the reliability of it, full auto 22s are normally a PITA to get working correctly.

With that said I can reload 115gr subsonic for $0.10 a round so I don't bother with 22s *shrugs*
View Quote
Open bolt guns like the mac's trash brass. You need to be careful reloading and are not going to get many uses out of the brass.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:42:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the family
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Open bolt guns like the mac's trash brass. You need to be careful reloading and are not going to get many uses out of the brass.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I just started reloading this year so all my brass at this point is once fired. Will mark the boxes to avoid to many reloadings.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up. I just started reloading this year so all my brass at this point is once fired. Will mark the boxes to avoid to many reloadings.
View Quote
If you search online you will see a bunch of talk on it. Some will reload once or twice, others say don't reload it once its gone through the gun. It's due to the round starting to fire before its fully seated in the chamber(and the loose chamber). Causes the brass to bulge towards the end and can lead to it cracking.

I want to say from memory the mac's are pretty bad even compared to other open bolt stuff. I know at the outdoor range I'm a member of I make sure to sweep my brass forward into the trashed brass in front of the line to try and make sure reloaders don't try to grab it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you search online you will see a bunch of talk on it. Some will reload once or twice, others say don't reload it once its gone through the gun. It's due to the round starting to fire before its fully seated in the chamber(and the loose chamber). Causes the brass to bulge towards the end and can lead to it cracking.

I want to say from memory the mac's are pretty bad even compared to other open bolt stuff. I know at the outdoor range I'm a member of I make sure to sweep my brass forward into the trashed brass in front of the line to try and make sure reloaders don't try to grab it.
View Quote
I grab all my brass from my MGs, and there is a higher reject rate then normal. But inspection in part of reloading.
You can get a ton of reloads from 9mm and 45 SMGs
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I grab all my brass from my MGs, and there is a higher reject rate then normal. But inspection in part of reloading.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I reload the brass from my M11/Max11 mk1 and my S&W 76, but I take several precautions in doing so.

Namely I sort my 9mm brass by SMG and semi pistols, and then within SMG brass I sort my M11 and S&W 76 brass separately.

There are also numerous points where I have an opportunity to catch bad brass -

a) picking it up off the ground
b) dumping it into bins at my bench
c) feeling the cases as I feed them into the first stage of my Dillon 550B
d) watching them and feeling them through the press handle as they are worked through each stage of the press
e) chamber checking each completed round in the barrel of the respective subgun. This is where I most often catch the rounds that are bulged and won't fully chamber. (In my opinion this is THE MOST IMPORTANT step to protecting your person and subgun. Yes it is tedious but it is worth it.)
f) Loading each round into the mag or strip clips

Simply put, you need to be attentive to detail and careful when reloading, but this is especially so when reloading for open bolt submachineguns.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Causes the brass to bulge towards the end and can lead to it cracking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Causes the brass to bulge towards the end and can lead to it cracking.
The only time I've had this happen was with brass with the internal "step" (IMT, AMMOLOAD, or FM). Any more, I go through and inspect for and scrap all of these.

And it's pretty exciting when shooting an open bolt subgun and the brass leaves a ring in the chamber, but the next round is still on the way in...

Quoted:
That has been my experience as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top