Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/26/2018 10:10:25 PM EDT
Well technically it hasn’t arrived yet but seems to be coming.

Seen this on uzitalk today.

A company is bringing to market a adapter that fits in a M10 RR and allows it to accept AR uppers including belt fed uppers like the shrike. It fires from a closed bolt. Price was quoted slightly below 3K.

Only being sold thru Pratical Soultions and there is a list already for the M10 unit which should start shipping first quarter 2019 and a M11 version later in the year.

Name of the company is A&S Conversions and the adapter is called the Tenco 10-16.

Link

No pics as of yet but will post them when they are posted on uzitalk.

To be put on the list email Tina (I’m assuming the spouse of the owner of pratical solutions ) and she will put you on it.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I emailed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I’m 56 on the m11 list, crazy it’s already gotten that high.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m #87 on the 10-16 waitlist.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m #87 on the 10-16 waitlist.
View Quote
It’s destiny......

87 that’s awesome.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm #88

I don't even have a M10 but if this adaptor turns out to be of high quality I will pick one up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I seent it on there too. I’m top five for two M11/9s but I’m out if it looks goofy AF. My 11/15 is solid enough.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah really looking forward to seeing the pics.

If its really installing a buffer and hammer in the adapter then there is a good chance of it looking long and weird looking.

Hope lage counters this with his Belt fed upper.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I seent it on there too. I’m top five for two M11/9s but I’m out if it looks goofy AF. My 11/15 is solid enough.
View Quote
Is there a waitlist for a M11 version?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is there a waitlist for a M11 version?
View Quote
Yes even the M11A1 I think.

From the uzitalk thread M11 adapters will be later 2019 but M10 will be ready first quarter 2019.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#10]
There is, but was told the a1 “isn’t a priority” as of now.

And, yes, agreed. I have a feeling it’s going to look like like some sort of contraption. I wonder if that’s why they didn’t release pics...

I get the appeal of being able to use standard uppers but practically speaking, I’m not sure it really offers me anything more than my 11/15. When I shoot It, I run through a few drums and call it good. I guess there’s value with the Tenco if you want to (and can afford to) run 500+ rounds in a short period of time. My gut feel right now is that I’ll end up passing on all of them and just get an 11a1/15 for a lightweight setup.

And a big +1 on a LAGE belt-fed!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]
15k will get you a mac10 beltfed. 7.5k for m10, 3k for adaptor, and 4k for shrike.

Not my cup of tea and it sure will be a bit long and fugly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
15k will get you a mac10 beltfed. 7.5k for m10, 3k for adaptor, and 4k for shrike.

Not my cup of tea and it sure will be a bit long and fugly.
View Quote
With 7-8k in the mac and $3k in the adaptor your only like $5k off from a RLL.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#13]
When I seen Mr. Lage at knob creek this year I asked about a belt feed upper. He said as I quote "I can not talk about such things but a belt fed upper is the next logical progression"
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When I seen Mr. Lage at knob creek this year I asked about a belt feed upper. He said as I quote "I can not talk about such things but a belt fed upper is the next logical progression"
View Quote
When I saw him, he said the same.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When I saw him, he said the same.
View Quote
I would love to have a dedicated belt fed upper for my M11. Something that uses PKM links and fires 7.62x39.

I have read the disintegrating links used with 5.56 are a butt to link by hand. And there are no commercial linking machines to my knowledge out now. Read you also have the hassle of picking up all of your links when done verses a few belts.

I have zero experience with anything belt fed so this maynot be that big of a issue.

308 would be expensive but would have some options on belts.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would love to have a dedicated belt fed upper for my M11. Something that uses PKM links and fires 7.62x39.

I have read the disintegrating links used with 5.56 are a butt to link by hand. And there are no commercial linking machines to my knowledge out now. Read you also have the hassle of picking up all of your links when done verses a few belts.

I have zero experience with anything belt fed so this maynot be that big of a issue.

308 would be expensive but would have some options on belts.
View Quote
I've got the belt fed 9mm FM9, Shrike and LM7.  
The first two use disintegrated links and linkers are available for both but I personally don't use them since you cannot feel when you have specific tight link when you shove a bunch of rounds into a bunch of links at the same time.

FM9:
I use a 3Bucc Brass catcher on the FM9 which catches the brass AND links so no issues there.
Linking the 9mm is definitely more time intensive than 556 but not that bad.

Shrike:
I've never bothered with a brass catcher on the Shrike since I like seeing links and brass flying out of it and links are easily obtainable and cheap.  I also just use a cheap magnet on a stick for the links and if I miss some I really don't care.
I think linking 556 links is very fast and easy.

LM7:
Belts are definitely the way to go on the little LM7.  The links never worked well for them but another company is making new production links so who knows on that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've got the belt fed 9mm FM9, Shrike and LM7.  
The first two use disintegrated links and linkers are available for both but I personally don't use them since you cannot feel when you have specific tight link when you shove a bunch of rounds into a bunch of links at the same time.

FM9:
I use a 3Bucc Brass catcher on the FM9 which catches the brass AND links so no issues there.
Linking the 9mm is definitely more time intensive than 556 but not that bad.

Shrike:
I've never bothered with a brass catcher on the Shrike since I like seeing links and brass flying out of it and links are easily obtainable and cheap.  I also just use a cheap magnet on a stick for the links and if I miss some I really don't care.
I think linking 556 links is very fast and easy.

LM7:
Belts are definitely the way to go on the little LM7.  The links never worked well for them but another company is making new production links so who knows on that.
View Quote
Glad you chimed in and corrected me.

How do you like the linker on the 556?

Does it make the pain of loading a non issue?

And the magnet idea is smart. Did not think of that.

And since you have experience if you could wave a magic wand and make a M11 belt fed upper which feeding system would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Glad you chimed in and corrected me.

How do you like the linker on the 556?

Does it make the pain of loading a non issue?

And the magnet idea is smart. Did not think of that.

And since you have experience if you could wave a magic wand and make a M11 belt fed upper which feeding system would you choose and why?
View Quote
Never said I had a linker. Just that they are available. Again, I don't use them since it is too hard to detect when you encounter a damaged link.
Honestly, by the time you pick up a loose round and place it into a linker, you could have just inserted it into a link.  So easy.
This is all regarding 556.

Now in 9mm, you have to get it aligned just right for the link to hop over the mouth of the case.  I've never used the 9mm linker so that may be a good use case and since I use a brass catcher to catch the brass and links, the links should never get stepped on or damaged.

If this new system works, then I would just use what is already out there, Shrike/MCR and the 9mm FM9.  Shrike uses cheap plentiful links but the FM9 is more economical to shoot and suppresses much better being 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Just in time for me to sell my M11!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Can someone please make this link hot?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrnB2cXSqM
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#21]
And just when I thought a Mac couldn’t get any uglier..

A&S Conversions Tenko 10/16 Adapter Shooting .223 and 5.56
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And just when I thought a Mac couldn’t get any uglier..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrnB2cXSqM
View Quote
Ugly as shit...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#23]
That sir is pure sex!

This on the other hand looks like a M10 was riding shotgun in a Mini Cooper and hit a semi hauling AR uppers at 75mph.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Ugly as sin... but I’ll be able to afford to get into intermediate rifle cartridges.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I just wish the price was less.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That sir is pure sex!

This on the other hand looks like a M10 was riding shotgun in a Mini Cooper and hit a semi hauling AR uppers at 75mph.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/AEFFF453-2D2F-429B-B0CF-E2528E9C9A8E_jpeg-754604.JPG
View Quote
I though that picture was some sort of mockup or joke until I watched the video and saw it firing.

I am usually a function over form advocate and can appreciate the amount of twisted engineering that must have happened to make this AR upper adapter part a reality,  but I would have a really hard time justifying spending $3K on that.

Some of the Lage designed stuff I find a bit challenged from an aesthetic design perspective, but understand the mechanical limitations of the MAC variant lowers he had to design around.   However, even the most aesthetically unappealing Lage designs are a home run in comparison.

If I wanted to convert my Mac into a rifle caliber I would probably get either a dedicated Lage or saber upper.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:05:07 AM EDT
[#27]
The only Sabre upper listed anywhere is $3500. Lage doesn’t make a M10 upper yet.

And the adapter offers more versitilaty.

ETA: The Sabre is open bolt and also required drilling a hole in your RR.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That sir is pure sex!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/AEFFF453-2D2F-429B-B0CF-E2528E9C9A8E_jpeg-754604.JPG
View Quote
I tend to agree that aesthetically it's not the most elegant solution though it does have a Daewoo K2 look to it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#29]
More pics and video from UZItalk

The safety looks like its in a usable place.

Attachment Attached File

Beta C slow motion. 7 1/2” upper

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#30]
That thing is starting to grow on me....
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That thing is starting to grow on me....
View Quote
I like it and I am on the M11 list but still on the fence on looks.

It was interesting seeing what the designer had to say on UT. He said for the upper to gain approval the recoil spring had to directly contact the RR.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Interesting concept, Ill give the designer props for thinking outside of the box, I mean slanting it so it gives a AR15/M16 style grip and it also brings the mag well back slightly.

I already own a M16 so I don't see myself ever buying this unless they came out with an 308 adaptor than I would def pick one up.

I think this adaptor is great for people who already own a mac and want to shoot rifle caliber and be able to use their existing collection of AR uppers, mags, parts, etc...

But for someone entering the MG market I think by time you buy this adaptor, a mac, some lage uppers and upgrades you ware going to be in the $10-15k range, at that point you might as well just jump to a M16 platform
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Interesting concept, Ill give the designer props for thinking outside of the box, I mean slanting it so it gives a AR15/M16 style grip and it also brings the mag well back slightly.

I already own a M16 so I don't see myself ever buying this unless they came out with an 308 adaptor than I would def pick one up.

I think this adaptor is great for people who already own a mac and want to shoot rifle caliber and be able to use their existing collection of AR uppers, mags, parts, etc...

But for someone entering the MG market I think by time you buy this adaptor, a mac, some lage uppers and upgrades you ware going to be in the $10-15k range, at that point you might as well just jump to a M16 platform
View Quote
I agree completely. But wanted to point out for some, (me), that coming up with $15,000 is much different than $7500+$3000(+) at a later time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Ugly but f'ing brilliant.  Does it have ATF approval?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ugly but f'ing brilliant.  Does it have ATF approval?
View Quote
Yes and no.

First model to show proof of design and mechanics yes.

The second more aesthetically pleasing model is pending.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I am already on the Lage list.  I don't own a M10, but I may get on the M11 list for this one!

Amazing what is now available for Mac owners.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m out.
View Quote
I’m already moving up the list...
I wonder how many they plan on producing for the release.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm #99 on the list.
It might be fugly but if it operates reliably I think I'm in.

Hopefully price will come down a little but we'll see.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I don’t care if it is fugly, I am number 117 on the list and hope they get them shipping soon.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Aesthetically, that is the most hideous contraption I have ever laid eyes on.  Interesting innovation nonetheless.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#43]
If this will operate with my Lakeside Machine Lm7 and a shrike, I'm in. i think the key to making it manageable is the usage of shorter barrels so its not as front heavy (unless you have a bipod and planning on prone )
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#44]
hummmm

She an'it a prom queen, but..

Ill have to see one in person...
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If this will operate with my Lakeside Machine Lm7 and a shrike, I'm in. i think the key to making it manageable is the usage of shorter barrels so its not as front heavy (unless you have a bipod and planning on prone )
View Quote
Call me skeptical but I highly doubt it will work full auto with an LM7.  The LM7 barely works on an M16 now.  I had a hammer, trigger and autosear sent to Eric at Lakeside to get him to hone out the engagement of the tail of the hammer and the autosear.  These were Colt parts on a factory Colt M16 lower.  You have a condition that Eric called 'hammer dip'.  With trigger pulled, you could see the hammer dip down as the sear was rubbing against tail of hammer.  That would rob energy from the bolt going forward and not having enough energy to release the hammer.  Eric would hone it out so it was eliminated.

In addition, Eric also came out with his 4 o'clock hammer spring made from thinner gauge wire.

The LM7 would be finicky if it had to overcome too much force trying to cock.

....now with all the stuff going on to make an open bolt Mac run closed bolt with AR15/M16 upper, you better believe there are more mechanics involved than a standard M16 lower.  All that is probably fine for centerfire calibers and maybe even a regular 22LR upper but for the LM7 I say no way.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Bummer, i Must have had a lucky build as my lakeside ran fine with stock parts. Good times..
Either way this adapter will prob make my mac a dedicated belt fed. I have HKs for sub guns needs.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She an'it a prom queen, but..
View Quote
No, no she is not.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

That is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
LOL, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

That is ridiculous.
View Quote
Says you. Probably increased the value of a M10 for 25% or more. It’s now a viable centerfire option.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Says you. Probably increased the value of a M10 for 25% or more. It’s now a viable centerfire option.
View Quote
I’m in too... but when did that happen?

It hasn’t even received ATF approval yet. It’s a proof of concept at this point.

ETA: Unless you’re talking about Lage and the M11?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top