Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2020 4:45:09 PM EDT

Is this a legitimate National Postal Meter and crossed cannons marking? I'm new at the M1 carbine game, so I haven't seen this stamping yet. It looks too good to be 76 years old. I have no photos to show what the stamping in the sling well would be, if there is one. I don't know if there is a "P" on the pistol grip either. I do know that there are no rebuild marks on the left side of the stock. I'm waiting on the seller for more information.... Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I'm thinking. The receiver is Underwood with a "B" (Singer Manufacturing)  subcontractor mark. But a funky stock cartouche has got me wondering if anything else is funky. I'm still waiting on the seller for pictures of any other markings.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not an expert.  But I am skeptical.

Was there an NPM without the FJA cartouche at any point?

Not sure about the belt around the crossed cannons, would prefer a clear (and larger) photo to compare.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Also not an expert but the cannon shape looks...off to me. Too...coke bottle like?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Emailed the seller 3 days ago, no response. I guess he's not interested in selling.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also not an expert but the cannon shape looks...off to me. Too...coke bottle like?
View Quote
This. That Ordnance mark looks forged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top