Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Since the extra $100 doesn’t seem like it may be worth it, I’m now debating between a standard one, or an early one.

That’s a lot of money, but I would hope that I end up with a much more desirable rifle. Can’t make up my mind.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since the extra $100 doesn’t seem like it may be worth it, I’m now debating between a standard one, or an early one.

That’s a lot of money, but I would hope that I end up with a much more desirable rifle. Can’t make up my mind.
View Quote

Same situation. I ended up going for early. They are picking them by rear sight so may still get one that had a bayonet lug installed but hopefully not.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I dont think the inventory on their site is accurate as in the one video they had stacks of carbines numbering into the hundreds it looked like. I'm sure they have to look over each one for grading and function first.  In the one video with Ian, it was stated this was just the first load of weapons.

I'm torn on what carbine type to order after reading this. I'm half tempted to go with the early ones just because it will be worth more I'm sure in the coming years.
View Quote

Their inventory system seems to update real time. I checked last nite and it listed 19 in stock, now it lists at 18. Keep in mind they've been selling these for a few weeks, and it's been listed on every gun forum I can think of. M-1 Carbines are still popular with a segment of the shooting public, word gets out there are some in stock someplace they go quick
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same situation. I ended up going for early. They are picking them by rear sight so may still get one that had a bayonet lug installed but hopefully not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would suck to pay the extra $400 and get a late gun with a flip sight.

Now I'm leaning towards a basic one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That would suck to pay the extra $400 and get a late gun with a flip sight.

Now I'm leaning towards a basic one.
View Quote

I will try and remember to post whenever mine finally shows up.  I am assuming end of next week as I ordered Monday.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Their inventory system seems to update real time. I checked last nite and it listed 19 in stock, now it lists at 18. Keep in mind they've been selling these for a few weeks, and it's been listed on every gun forum I can think of. M-1 Carbines are still popular with a segment of the shooting public, word gets out there are some in stock someplace they go quick
View Quote

I got #18. So now there are 17
Will post pics when it arrives
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm hoping you guys buy all of them before I decide I want another Their down to 16 and I notice the "unissued" ones are out. That's what I was toying with but talked myself out of. I figure unless something gets my Trump bucks the next couple months I'll either find another one real-time I can inspect or use that as a base for another new production Fulton Armory "Paratrooper" model
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
It's interesting to see something new show up, especially with some of the early features in the mix.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Just saw mine shipped. Based on the serial number it appears to be a Saginaw from late 1943 early 44.

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet.

What was your order date?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered last Friday the 24th
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Me too. Hopefully I’m next
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice good luck man! FYI I didn't get an email that it was shipped, I logged into my account on their website and kept checking it's status to see if it shipped.

If you haven't been doing that you might want to check.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Now I’m going to sit there and hit refresh all day. Still processing
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered a standard one. Was delivered to my FFL today. Hopefully pick it up tomorrow. Sooper excited
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I ordered a standard one. Was delivered to my FFL today. Hopefully pick it up tomorrow. Sooper excited
View Quote

Cool, tell us about it when you do
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Picked it up today and I’m glad I finally ordered one (standard option) after stewing about it for a week or so. Appears to be a 1943 Inland that should clean up real nicely I think. Came with some sort of tattered sling with a metal rod in place of the oiler and one mag which looks like the floor plate has been welded or brazed to the magazine body in the front and back corners. Looks like a lot of the parkerized finish is left with most of the wear on the barrel and bayonet lug area. Stock looks in decent shape I think considering it’s journey. Bore looks pretty darn nice but could be some pitting near the muzzle. I’ll see after a good cleaning. Received my 3 mags from J&G and might order a couple more. Now to outfit it with a proper sling, oiler, buttstock pouch, and ammo. I have an Italian bayonet already on hand. I’ve never shot an M1 carbine but to say I’m excited, would be an understatement.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By --FLEET--:
Picked it up today and I’m glad I finally ordered one (standard option) after stewing about it for a week or so. Appears to be a 1942 Inland that should clean up real nicely I think. Came with some sort of tattered sling with a metal rod in place of the oiler and one mag which looks like the floor plate has been welded or brazed to the magazine body in the front and back corners. Looks like a lot of the parkerized finish is left with most of the wear on the barrel and bayonet lug area. Stock looks in decent shape I think considering it’s journey. Bore looks pretty darn nice but could be some pitting near the muzzle. I’ll see after a good cleaning. Received my 3 mags from J&G and might order a couple more. Now to outfit it with a proper sling, oiler, buttstock pouch, and ammo. I have an Italian bayonet already on hand. I’ve never shot an M1 carbine but to say I’m excited, would be an understatement.

https://i.imgur.com/xTzDaoE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/f7PQlyU.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I got #13. It took a day or so to drop to 12. I’ll post pics when it shows.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Really happy with mine. 2xx,xxx early inland. Barrel is original, stamped 2 - 42 and gauges 1. Bolt appears original as well. Edit, slide appears correct. The trigger group is stamped inland but I’m not sure if it’s “correct”

It has been re-arsenaled, stock is RRA stamped and the site and barrel band have been updated.

All in all? I’m ordering another

I will shoot her next Friday and welcome her home!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Got an e mail over the weekend saying only "unissued excellent condition" left.

Checked today stock is listed as 15 with all grades.

I'm waiting on expendable funds, noticed the prices on gb seem to have dipped a bit. Maybe related?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Another pic of the new inland with my three Garands. IHC, HRA, and Springfield

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Got mine today, even though I never got shipping notification. I’ll post an update once I get a chance to look at it more closely. Standard grade. Inland 5.2mil range.

ETA- 4 days from time of order to pickup. Blew away my expectations of Royal/IO.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Love the pics! 

That all thread used as a sling holder is awesome.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Cleaned it up a little.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Got it disassembled, cleaned, and ready for a test run. To my surprise it wasn’t very dirty at all. A few coats of linseed oil and a light buff with 0000 steel wool on the wood. UPS man dropped off some PPU 30 carbine ammo yesterday. Gotta get it out this weekend

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Question form a total armature when it comes to M1 Carbines.  My local gun store is selling an Underwood with at least a matching barrel, sorry I don't know enough to provide more information, along with 3 mags for $999.  Most of the finish appears to have worn off and the stamping on the barrel can be made out but barely.  My question is would it be better to purchase that one which seems to just be shooter grade, but not import marked, or take my change with one from Royal Tiger?  And then if a were to choose Royal Tiger is there any real advantage to ordering one of the upgrades?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:40:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Chant75:
Question form a total armature when it comes to M1 Carbines.  My local gun store is selling an Underwood with at least a matching barrel, sorry I don't know enough to provide more information, along with 3 mags for $999.  Most of the finish appears to have worn off and the stamping on the barrel can be made out but barely.  My question is would it be better to purchase that one which seems to just be shooter grade, but not import marked, or take my change with one from Royal Tiger?  And then if a were to choose Royal Tiger is there any real advantage to ordering one of the upgrades?
View Quote

Royal tigers are import stamped, so that is somewhat of a negative.

I paid 999.99 for my inland from royal tiger, and it sounds like it’s in a bit better shape that the one you are considering.

I’d call it a toss up.

The royal tiger carbines are not beauty queens, but I’d say mines better than expected.

I’d offer 850 cash out the door!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Chant75:
Question form a total armature when it comes to M1 Carbines.  My local gun store is selling an Underwood with at least a matching barrel, sorry I don't know enough to provide more information, along with 3 mags for $999.  Most of the finish appears to have worn off and the stamping on the barrel can be made out but barely.  My question is would it be better to purchase that one which seems to just be shooter grade, but not import marked, or take my change with one from Royal Tiger?  And then if a were to choose Royal Tiger is there any real advantage to ordering one of the upgrades?
View Quote

Hard to call on this. If you can use a .30 Caliber M-2 Ball (30-06) check the barrel at the crown. If the round goes all the way to the cartridge then it's worn more than I would like.

I've seen Carbines with worn finishes become good shooters. The finish on USGI Carbines wasn't meant to last 75 years.

Offer the shop $800 and expect they'll take $900. Problem with Carbines is their getting harder to find
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Thank you guys for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.  I think i will go back to the gun store tomorrow armed with this information.  As far as the muzzle condition is there a point you just say this is just not worth it at all?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Is shot my RTI carbine today, first shot I took I hit a 6” plate at 100. Very happy!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

Good deal
View Quote

Think I’ll order another
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow. I’m glad to hear the good news on these carbines. They look pretty good too.  I already have my share, but am glad to see you’re doing alright. Keep posting. Yeah!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Just ordered my 2nd. Will report back in a few days
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Well I caved.  Ordered a VG to Exc.  Placeholder for when this arrives and I can post pics.

Was anyone able to actually call in and request a specific manufacturer for the VG to EXC conditions, or is it luck of the draw?

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#44]
They charge more for a manufacture request.

On my second one I did put in the notes that I prefer one that is not and inland. Hasn’t shipped yet, I guess we’ll see if it worked
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Was able to put 3 mags through for a test fire on Memorial Day. Sights were pretty close with the rear set to mechanical zero. First mag, no issues. One stovepipe with the next two mags. Gun was clean and oiled, Like new USGI mags, PPU ball ammo. Not disappointed tho. I’ll start with the ejector and extractor springs and go from there. First time shooting an M1 carbine. Such a fun plinker.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:19:37 AM EDT
[#47]
The pouches were not made for the carbine.  It just so happened to be widely available and fit.  The sling should keep it from sliding off.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#48]
What's the general concensus on these? Are they a safe buy, are they a gamble, any of the "upgrades" worth it?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top