Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2020 4:19:52 PM EDT
I have the chance to buy a Lyman 450 sizer for a C-note.  It looks complete, no rust, but is definitely used.  No heater. Given the dates on the brass that was in another box, I would guess it is from the 1970's.  There is some wrench with the sizer, but no other accessories have been found so far.

Are there any known issues with these that I should be looking for?
Can I still get parts from Lyman?
Do I really even need this?  I don't currently do any casting.

I am going to look at it again on Sunday, if he still has it.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have the chance to buy a Lyman 450 sizer for a C-note.  It looks complete, no rust, but is definitely used.  No heater. Given the dates on the brass that was in another box, I would guess it is from the 1970's.  There is some wrench with the sizer, but no other accessories have been found so far.

Are there any known issues with these that I should be looking for?
Can I still get parts from Lyman?
Do I really even need this?  I don't currently do any casting.

I am going to look at it again on Sunday, if he still has it.  

View Quote

For a heater go to your thrift store buy a electric hair straightener the flat. Paddle type
Mine was $2 use a o-ring on the Handels to keep it grabbing the luber

You will need sizing dies for the calibers ou need

Remember if you have lead and a mould the government  man can't tell you how many bullets
you can make
Got to the cast bullet association for more info or Lyman's cast bullet guide
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The handle is the weak point and will break if you are sizing down hard bullets more than a few 0.001”, or using a lube too hard without heat.  I learned this the hard way.  

The expensive part is the dies $20-$30 each adds up if you have a lot of different calibers.

But I prefer it over PC  mainly just for accuracy reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top