Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2023 3:11:54 PM EDT
Picked up a 1899 production 96. Low 4 digit so it probably first month since 1898 went to 3100 or so.

Bluing that shows is 95% plus.All matching It was threaded fir blank adapter. Never had the sight correction plate attached. The sticker was never applied either no shellac anywhere. Bore I'd like new sharp and shiny.

I'm guessing this was used for training with a few blanks fired.

No unit disk just the I nspection disk.

Need to look under an see if the 2 screw holes are there. I heard a few did not get unit disks.

I look at everyone I see and this is in the top 5.

500 bucks otd.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Great rifles and I love the round. Don't like buying the ammo though much these days.

Been on a look out for a nice M41b the last year.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
On my short list. I have a box ammo so I might as well buy a rifle right?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Colt653:

View Quote

Have not picked it up yet. Went with son to pick up a 1942 Lithgow #1 he bought at a gun show the week before. I missed it then from the same guy. I did get a barreled enfield 1917 #1 for.a 100 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Great rifles and I love the round. Don't like buying the ammo though much these days.

Been on a look out for a nice M41b the last year.

View Quote

I had a spoterrized 96 I think Kimber did. Guy.couldnt.get.rid of.it back then so I got.it for 150.

I also had a 94 carbine. So I have about 500 rounds of surplus and maybe a 1000 Winchester cases.

I always loved 6.5mm and thought it was a way better starter round than 6mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top