Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2020 9:19:56 PM EDT
Hello gang,

I have a PTR 601 (MP5) and I wanted to see if I can find a red dot low enough to work. The firearm comes with a welded picatinny rail and I guess they used a regular one at that because everything sits high on it. I’ve tried an Aimpoint T2 with the lowest mount it comes with, a Bobro low mount for the T2 and a Holosun 509elite with the low mount. They all sit pretty much the same, the thing is the red dot appears above the diopter. You have to raise your head a bit to be able to see the dot, you can’t see it through the irons. I was wondering if anything works that can be seen through the diopter and not above it.

The only thing I’m told and have confirmed is the TRS-25 but I really don’t want to go that rought.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you check b&t mounts?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The gun already comes with rails welded on. I would like to find something I can 1/3 with it.

Better yet, let me ask it this way. Does anybody know of a mount below 20mm?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I kind of found the iron sights a bit low using a stock or brace.  And my old ass eyes didn’t work too well.  I cannot imagine finding a red drop low enough to work with them.   But I went with the Holosun 510C Elite.  Fantastic!

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I've mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 to mine. It's not something I'd leave on there long term. But it does the lower 1/3 just fine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
As low as you can get on an MP5

This mount replaces the rear sight and allows the dot on an RMR to flat just above the front post. The main problem with red dots on an MP5 is the front sight hood, which is either right where the dot rests or in the line of sight if you go slightly higher with your mount.

Thinking of going higher on one of mine with a Spuhr R-315 stock

which raises the line of sight so it is above the front sight hood.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Holosun 510 series on my AR9. I swaped the mount it had on (Larue) and installed the factory Holosun low mount and it did a 1/3 I believe. I didn’t like how clustered it look, specially since I had to move the rear sight all the way to the right just to get it centered at 25 yards. I’m thinking on getting something that puts it over the hood.

What height would you all recommend for this or sight that might already have this height on it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Holosun 510 series on my AR9. I swaped the mount it had on (Larue) and installed the factory Holosun low mount and it did a 1/3 I believe. I didn’t like how clustered it look, specially since I had to move the rear sight all the way to the right just to get it centered at 25 yards. I’m thinking on getting something that puts it over the hood.

What height would you all recommend for this or sight that might already have this height on it?
View Quote
Had the same issue. Originally had a T-1 on a Larue 661 Mount on my welded on rail BAP-9. Just recently switched to a Scalarworks 1.43 with a Holosun 503GU on top. Can still use the factory irons through the mount and have the reticle of the Holosun sitting above the hood.

I think it’s the best option when having the fixed rail in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hello gang,

I have a PTR 601 (MP5) and I wanted to see if I can find a red dot low enough to work. The firearm comes with a welded picatinny rail and I guess they used a regular one at that because everything sits high on it. I’ve tried an Aimpoint T2 with the lowest mount it comes with, a Bobro low mount for the T2 and a Holosun 509elite with the low mount. They all sit pretty much the same, the thing is the red dot appears above the diopter. You have to raise your head a bit to be able to see the dot, you can’t see it through the irons. I was wondering if anything works that can be seen through the diopter and not above it.

The only thing I’m told and have confirmed is the TRS-25 but I really don’t want to go that rought.
View Quote
You dont shoot a rds the same as irons. I have a holsun 503gu and on the low mount you get about a 1/3 witness.

When you shoot the irons you get your head low and focus front site. When you shoot the rds you are heads up to see the target.

You cant shoot a rds throught the same site picture as the diopter. It will block the target
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top