Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 7:23:29 PM EDT
Does anybody have any experience with the Lorex systems?  There are so many out there especially on Amazon it gets overwhelming.  
The price range is from a couple of hundred on up to around a thousand for what seems to be the same specs and number of cameras.
I know I want a POE system but not sure on the manufacturer.

I looked at Reolink first because I've read some people on arfcom like them, but I also found some bad reviews where people are having
issues with the NVR having an arc or sparking issue when the power supply is plugged in to the back.  There is a video of the arc issue
on amazon under the eight camera system if anybody wants to see what I am talking about.  I was just about set on the Reolink until
I seen that and a few other negatives about hard drives failing and DOA units.  So, please tell about your experiences with these systems.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I had that issue. Reolink sent me a complete new system.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had that issue. Reolink sent me a complete new system.
View Quote
That is good to know that they are easy to deal with.  How is the clarity out to about 60-70 feet?  Is it clear enough to identify a person?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the same boat op
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve heard great things about Lorex. Check their actual website. They run ridiculous sales.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd buy this rebranded Hikvision system.  It is a steal at thst price.

Only 8 ports have POE but injectors can fix that.  I have 3 of these cameras and they are really good.  They were $100ea last year.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Lorex is okay. They do have awesome deals. On Black Friday, I ordered two systems, it cake with 12 4K resolution bullet cams for 1500 each shipped, each. The resolution is amazing. Like reading the numbers off passing cars good. Then again I did set mine all the way to the roadway shot up and down the street to pick plates. All have been running since December with only the occasional reboot.

Plan for a lot of data storage if you get in to high res.
Top Top