Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2020 3:17:44 PM EDT
Just received this from NICS:

Good Afternoon,

As a result of the increased workload and modified staffing schedules due to the COVID-19 protocols, beginning at 12:01 am ET, Saturday March 27, 2020 until 8 am ET, Monday March 30, 2020 the NICS Section will be temporarily disabling the Transfer Process. This means, when calling in a NICS check, you will be given a status immediately, to include delays with a Brady Transfer Date, and not transferred to an FBI Examiner for further review.

If you have any questions please to not respond to this email, instead please email [email protected].

Thanks,
The NICS Business Unit
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No just means you get the automated response and that’s it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds to me like if you don't get an immediate Proceed or Deny, you will get an immediate Delay as opposed to going over and talking to an FBI checker...
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The first version seems to have been updated with this @2:12pm Central........

Good Afternoon,

Correction to the previous email. beginning at 12:01 am ET, Saturday March 28, 2020 until 8 am ET, Monday March 30, 2020 the NICS Section will be temporarily disabling the Transfer Process.

Thanks,
The NICS Business Unit

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds to me like if you don't get an immediate Proceed or Deny, you will get an immediate Delay as opposed to going over and talking to an FBI checker...
View Quote

That's how I read it.  So my customers that usually get the blue "Researching" box in the past are now getting an instant "Delay." I think on the phone they say something like "hold for further review", which this weekend will mean an instant Delay.  I use E-Check almost exclusively, so I'm not sure what they actually say on the phone.  I've literally called NICS less than 10 times in 12 years.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If I worked a GS, I'd be printing up something and put it at all entrances, all gun counters and registers...

I'd even put the ATF's Phone # for them to call and bitch about it.
Because, you know, plenty of fuckers are going to give you their opinion about it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
We warned of this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
This is at least the fifth or sixth time NICS has done this in the last ten years.......sheer volume of checks vs staffing.

I'm surprised that it took this long.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
For calls in only as it says.

On my e-checks I’m still getting researching...delays etc
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For calls in only as it says.

On my e-checks I’m still getting researching...delays etc
View Quote

yeah, they sent a follow up email that said E-Check was running the same as before.  I don't have any of my usual "20 minutes of Researching blue-box followed by Proceed green-box" customers this weekend to see if they are getting "Researching-to-Delay" instead...
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

yeah, they sent a follow up email that said E-Check was running the same as before.  I don't have any of my usual "20 minutes of Researching blue-box followed by Proceed green-box" customers this weekend to see if they are getting "Researching-to-Delay" instead...
View Quote

Yeah I had two of those 20min wait echeck. Was rather awkward since it’s always so quick here. The silence was not so great. Haha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top