Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2022 6:54:28 PM EDT
I have a lower that I want an FFL holder to fill in the logo, not change any ATF required engravings.

Does anyone know of someone who does this?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean color fill it, or fill it so it is no longer visible?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean fill.  I ordered an aluminum epoxy on Amazon, we shall see how that goes
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
If you use JB Weld, after it cures you need to heat it to the temperature you’ll bake the cerekote to (and the same length of time). That’s because JB Weld “melts” easily at higher temperatures. I filled in some logos once are a lower I used durabake on (heat cured), and after my carefully sanding  the epoxy flat (several days after filling), it melted under the heat and allowed the lettering to be visible again. If you heat it and then sand it flat (after cooling) you’ll be fine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
not sure of a service, but we use Devcon, which is a two-part aluminum filler / epoxy.  I guess it is like Bondo.  I have heard of people using JB Weld, but when we went to source, JB is like Loctite, there are 10 different variations, and I was not sure which to use.  Devcon works great, and you can engrave over it.  Not sure about laser engraving.  That said, it is expensive.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Devcon has been around forever.

JB Weld 8267 is a hi temp aluminum filled hi temp putty

Just wipe it on a bit shy, let it dry, scuff it up and skim coat it. Let cure and prep for cerakote

That tactic works well with any epoxy or bondo.
View Quote

Is there much difference in applying and using and finished product between JB 8267 and Devcon?  Do you know if either will do well with Las engraving that also includes aluminum ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top