Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2019 10:41:58 AM EDT
Where would you guys start?  I’m familiar with the Form 1 process (I have 10). Just never built a suppressor from scratch. Trying to assemble info from multiple manufacturer websites has left me a tad lost.

What would you guys use or where would you gather opinions and experience?

BLUF:
Want to build a 9mm cab with trilug adapter
Plan to use basic tools ie drill press (no lathe or mill)
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Where would you guys start?  I’m familiar with the Form 1 process (I have 10). Just never built a suppressor from scratch. Trying to assemble info from multiple manufacturer websites has left me a tad lost.

What would you guys use or where would you gather opinions and experience?

BLUF:
Want to build a 9mm cab with trilug adapter
Plan to use basic tools ie drill press (no lathe or mill)
View Quote
Well... in my opinion you want cones or K baffles, if possible, since you're dealing with super and subsonic ammo in 9x19mm. Relatively large diameter, since you have room and don't need to worry about a booster, just about the tri-lug mount. Using a drill press and hand tools... what's your budget?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well... in my opinion you want cones or K baffles, if possible, since you're dealing with super and subsonic ammo in 9x19mm. Relatively large diameter, since you have room and don't need to worry about a booster, just about the tri-lug mount. Using a drill press and hand tools... what's your budget?
View Quote
Didn’t really have one in mind honestly. Forgetting $200 NFA stamp, Id say $5-600 really. Of course I can flex on that. The extra costs to me is worth not having to wait 9 months as well. Doable?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
With the tri-lug, you're close... depending on if you were to go with 6" or 7.5" or what. I assume you're fine with aluminum? If so, you ought to be able to hit that price without too much trouble.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the tri-lug, you're close... depending on if you were to go with 6" or 7.5" or what. I assume you're fine with aluminum? If so, you ought to be able to hit that price without too much trouble.
View Quote
6” should be fine. Is there any harm in going with aluminum or should I do something like titanium?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
You're fine with aluminum on a (relatively) long barreled 9x19mm carbine, assuming you're not running it select fire and dumping mags!

Past that... well, Diversified Machine has a good reputation, and they have tubes and endcap blanks (including an adapter for common tri-lug mounts), and ebay has "cups" of various size. Make sure your sizes match, and there you go.
Top Top