Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2022 4:51:52 PM EDT
I wanted to ask if anyone was familiar with swapping out the barrels on my 590A1 and my old Ohio National Guard 870 wingmaster.

I'm getting a shotty suppressor and would like to be able to shoot these suppressed so I need choke threading. Instead permanently modifying them I figured I could just pick up a barrel that's already threaded. I'm just not sure which barrels are compatible with the 590A1 (all 500 barrels?) And what or if any barrels can I swap in for the 870 wingmaster.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been a while but the 590 barrels attach differently so you can't use 500 barrels. The 590 actually is similar to the Remingtion in the tube and cap it uses. I have no idea if there were different mag tube lengths but that's all that really matters. The 870 Barrel is going to be easier as they made a million of them. Honestly I'd probably just thread both of them but maybe the ONG gun is collectible but if the 590a1 is just a generic model thread it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
A 500 barrel will not fit a 590. You will have to get another 590 barrel.
Why are you opposed to having your current barrels threaded?
I had the barrel on my 590A1 threaded by Rose action sports and love it.
Being able to swap chokes depending on what I am shooting makes it more versatile. I have cyl bore, imp cyl, full, and a extended rifled choke for slugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top