Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2021 7:19:25 PM EDT
I have a couple of these I picked up a few years back as spares. No pouches anymore but in excellent shape. Were purchased new and stored in a tote in the house.
I was trying to look them up to see what they're going for lately and I literally cannot find them anywhere unless they're out of stock.
Anyone have an idea of what these are worth nowadays?  They've since been replaced with other systems (hsgi)  so was debating selling 1 or 2
Pics of 1 of the vests for reference

As far as I could tell, this was the place to post this. If not please point me in the right direction
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pointed to the right community(clone/airsoft/milsim type) that are into early GWOT stuff you could probably get 100 - 200 for it. More if you included time period appropriate pouches as a complete Ranger rack.
I have paid more than I care to admit for aid bags with sentimental/historical value to me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
paid $40 for the last one I bought in late 2020
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
paid $40 for the last one I bought in late 2020
View Quote

Yeah around 2018ish I paid just under $40 on ebay for one, 2x mag pouches included.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
There are some in desert camo, brand new, on eBay for $25 right now. I may buy one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Good old fashioned Ranger Rack. Some of us had these, while others had something similar from Tactical Tailor (MAV) when we drove in to Iraq back in the day. Conventional units were still stuck with the ALICE vest and pistol belt of the '90's,  and our CO said we could improvise with SF/Ranger specific kit like he did.

It was money well spent. Fuck that pistol belt bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
@ The_Climbing_Vet  Please check IMs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are some in desert camo, brand new, on eBay for $25 right now. I may buy one.
View Quote

Got one of the DCU ones last month.  If it is the same seller, they are in mint condition.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
DCU pattern were the only one I was finding for awhile.  Nothing in woodland (m81)
 After some hunting around I did find a few woodland pattern ones that sold recently on eBay for over 100 without any pouches.  That in mind I may go that route.
 I would've thought the woodland pattern would be easier to find, but even finding the m81 pattern pouches for these is a PITA
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
@ The_Climbing_Vet  Please contact me via IM.  raf
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody got pics of the pouches that were supposed to go on these? Is that regular molle webbing? The one I'm looking at on ebay looks weird, looks like the webbing is to far apart.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anybody got pics of the pouches that were supposed to go on these? Is that regular molle webbing? The one I'm looking at on ebay looks weird, looks like the webbing is to far apart.
View Quote

Standard PALS sizing
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve seen some pretty jank RACKs before.
As in, 1 1/2” pals, followed by 1 3/4” pals, by 1”......

These things are that valuable? I have a bunch I’ve cut up and re-assembled into split-front rigs and such. I feel like I’ve just slaughtered a bunch of K98ks from the 60s
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

These things are that valuable? I have a bunch I’ve cut up and re-assembled into split-front rigs and such. I feel like I’ve just slaughtered a bunch of K98ks from the 60s
View Quote

They are only valuable to select collectors since they aren’t made any more.  I buy them to use them so I’m sure some people would pass out if they saw me actually shooting with one on
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Woodland for life, baby
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Pouches for mine.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:53:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Raf, seen and responded
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:54:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Stoner01, ive got pouches still, but they are in use elsewhere lol
Nice Ranger set up though
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:46:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are FedTex made Racks just like the one pictured that may have some QC issues and lower quality. I bought one new in bag with issue set of pouches (which is quite different than the Ranger RACK kit set of pouches) in DCU for 40$ shipped to italy (15$ item, 25$ shipping), it was a contract for a NG unit. Not great quality.
Those are still around i think and aren't a "collectible". Tan buckles=later commercial item.
SDS made those for the commercial market in various colors and also made an "improved" one with a back "pad" to pass straps thru and a zipper opening in the front part, not the center but the right side.  

There are some variations that are much more valuable, like the Ranger Contract ones, or the ones that were in Marine Force Recon Kits; even the earlier SDS commercial ones seem to have an higher value. Needless to say that paraclete and Crye ones command higher price. Blackhawk too made commercial kits copied from the issue ones that ask a higher price even if they are made oversea. There is also another "prototype model" that has padded shoulder straps. I have seen one in a collection and another in a old army booklet from around 1998 that showed the then new MOLLE system.  These ones may not be worth cutting up.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#19]
It looks like there is a gap in the webbing between the chest piece and the cumberbun. I wanted one so I could put a pouch right about in the middle on the front. It looks like the webbing won't line up if your pouch bridges the two pieces? Anybody got experience doing that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top