Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2020 4:58:23 PM EDT
I’m looking for a gunsmith that can make a sear for my MK760, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Rick
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Scott’s out of the game. The other’s haven’t returned my emails or calls
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
BWE/Richard Hoffman?
https://bwefirearms.com/

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Talked to Richard at BWE a couple of times he’s not really into making to many parts for the MK760 or Smith & Wesson 76
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I know the MK760 series had some problems with premature wear on some of the FCG parts, with the sear being one of them... Maybe have a machine shop make one custom for you or just Tig weld the worn area and recut to factory spec? some pics might help also...
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you xerox it?

If it's just a flat stock, then start w/the pivot pin hole and drill that into 4140 steel.  Glue the xerox over it.   Cut out the metal an file.  Harden w/torch.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a sample part or a drawing, I can do it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you xerox it?

If it's just a flat stock, then start w/the pivot pin hole and drill that into 4140 steel.  Glue the xerox over it.   Cut out the metal an file.  Harden w/torch.
View Quote

It's a little more complex - there's a spring retainer - but the problem is that there aren't any drawings available that I've seen. That and the damn things were investment cast.

If there were known good measurements - even with the caveat that the trip surface needed to be bulked up and then fine tuned for each gun - I likely would have made a batch by now. They can be made from bar stock with minimal effort - but to what dimensions?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's a little more complex - there's a spring retainer - but the problem is that there aren't any drawings available that I've seen. That and the damn things were investment cast.

If there were known good measurements - even with the caveat that the trip surface needed to be bulked up and then fine tuned for each gun - I likely would have made a batch by now. They can be made from bar stock with minimal effort - but to what dimensions?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you xerox it?

Get a hold of Jason at Indianapolis Ordnance. He has made tons of one offs!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you xerox it?

I don't speak for the OP - but if all I wanted was a one-off I'd have made the replacement myself. I already have done exactly that for multiple parts on mine but those parts were no problem to do a short run. If I'm making some sears I'd like to make enough of a run to pop on GunBroker or similar so that others who need them can buy them too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
99% of sear issues with MK760's are due to wear of the trigger bar.....normally that's the contact surface that has to be welded up/recut.....

Which one of these does your sear look like, and what is the problem with it?

Might want to try Jim Burgess..... his S&W 76 guns used 100% interchangeable parts with S&W's (with the exception of the bolt)

[email protected]

http://www.jmbdistribution.com/class3_guns_forsale.htm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top