Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2021 5:44:08 PM EDT
HK noob here but looking at a 10mm MP5 by DJ Getz. I asked the owner about locking pieces and he said he has two, a low pulse #24 and a high pulse #25. He had no idea about the difference in the locking pieces and it appears he has only ever ran the #24. Does this look like an abnormal amount of wear?  Obviously my concern is him shooting full power loads with the low pulse locking piece.   He may have used it as a sear host before too, but waiting for him to respond back.

Attachment Attached File

UPDATE:

Auction won!  Will have to wait for the form 4 to be approved but hopefully wont take that long since I'm an 07/02.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask for closeup pictures of the sides of the receiver, if he was using the wrong locking piece and it was beating itself up there will probably be roller dents in the receiver. If there's no sign of roller marks the gun is probably fine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
My Omega MP5/10 locking piece did have a large amount of wear.  It had a third angle on the LP, and looked worn, but I ultimately diagnosed it by swapping in a known good locking piece and noticing a large change (increase) in the bolt gap with the new LP.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The angle I think you are referencing is normal.

Here are two brand new LPs.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top