Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/2/2023 8:22:43 PM EDT
On the hunt for a couple magazines for an EDM M96 in 50 BMG. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Have already reached out to Keary at Vigilance Rifles a couple months back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
If someone has the Hard Target Interdiction book by Dean Michaelis, I’m pretty sure his contact info is in the book. He was a big EDM Windrunner proponent. He may be able to help you find mags.

I looked for my copy of the book recently and can’t find it. Pretty sure I loaned it out. But don’t remember who to.

Hope you have luck finding mags.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50cal:
If someone has the Hard Target Interdiction book by Dean Michaelis, I’m pretty sure his contact info is in the book. He was a big EDM Windrunner proponent. He may be able to help you find mags.

I looked for my copy of the book recently and can’t find it. Pretty sure I loaned it out. But don’t remember who to.

Hope you have luck finding mags.
View Quote

Looks like that book is several hundred $'s now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#3]
Originally Posted By ssndude:

Looks like that book is several hundred $'s now.
View Quote

Damn. Really need to find mine then. Dean gave me mine when I worked at Barrett. We had a lot of talks about .50 use and capabilities.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What did Keary say?

Bill passed away a few years back, thought Keary was still making Windrunners on a limited basis.

Guess I need to look for my copy of hard target interdiction also, $700! Damn, selling mine as soon as I locate it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 12:56:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kvesi122] [#5]
There’s 2 generations of magazines for the M96 and he isn’t interested in making the 1st gen mags anymore. Asked if he had come across any during his refurb projects over a year or so and didn’t get positive responses.

Thought about adapting the 2nd gen mags to fit the mag catches on the 1st gen but it’s still ~$400 buy in for a project that has additional hidden costs.

1st gen mag utilizes a paddle release while the 2nd gen uses a window cutout (I believe) and an AR style push button release.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 1:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The only other thing that I can think of would be to go over to the FCSA website and ask in the visitors forum. If they still have one, last I checked, you had to be a member to get in the regular forums.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Just tossed a topic up in their visitor forum as well.

Thank you for all of the replies so far!
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two of the M96's and have been looking for spare mags for 3 years now. No luck so far. I've been trying to find mags for my Nemesis takedown for about the same length of time. Finally got someone at Nemesis to return my call only to be told that they had the mags and would get back to me on pricing. I spent the next year (yes YEAR) trying to get a return phone call or email to purchase the mags. They just ghosted me and have never gotten back to me. Nemesis is a company I will never buy from again.

I sure miss chatting with Bill...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
There’s a manufacturing company across from my office that specializes in sheet metal and machining/welding.

Might have to walk over there to pick their brain on feasibility but that’s a last ditch effort as the cost would surely be ridiculous and would still have to have followers and springs made.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 7:46:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: localfiend] [#10]
These magazines look really simple to me.

Also, the ribs are really deep.  Makes me think it would be trivial to design a fully 3D printable magazine.  

Or you could go hybrid.  Weld together a steel/aluminum box, and print feedlips/inner ribs/follower/baseplate.  Source springs from the manufacturer who makes the gen 2 mags.  They're probably close enough to work without trouble.  Or find some other more available 5 round 50 bmg spring.  If you're making your own baseplate and follower, you can make pretty much any spring work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#11]
How close are the mags in design to Barrett's?

Possible to modify them to work?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mk-211:
How close are the mags in design to Barrett's?

Possible to modify them to work?
View Quote

Way different. The rear locking tab on the Barrett is longer. pretty sure the front locking ledge is different also.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]
You could try asking Csspecs and see if they could do a short run of M96 magazines. They specialize in custom aftermarket steel magazines.

https://www.instagram.com/csspecs/?hl=en
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By realwar:
You could try asking Csspecs and see if they could do a short run of M96 magazines. They specialize in custom aftermarket steel magazines.

https://www.instagram.com/csspecs/?hl=en
View Quote

They turn out really good mags. I worked at Tenn Guns Int'l for a few years,. When wevstarted importing Veprs in .308, we had CSSpecs make 20rd mags for them. They were built like tanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Have you contacted Cheytac and asked them if they can offer something for a replacement mag? They still make the same style of magazine for their current rifles.

https://cheytac.com/product/m200-m300-magazines-2/
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
In on this as well….  

Curious if anyone finds mags.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Thor Global Defense for the correct Windrunner mags. I'm not sure how much they are off the top of my head.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top