Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 8:07:17 AM EDT
Ok, new to roller lock platforms, so bare with me.   How does the degree of locking piece impact/influence these?  My ptr has a 100° locking piece, but I see 120° sd locking pieces and then guys mention running 80° in k models when suppressed.  I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out how they work.  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good article on the HK locking piece.

HKPro Forum

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Short answer, the angle affects the mechanical advantage forcing the carrier to the rear.
Higher angle for more advantage and less dwell.  The SD needs this due to the porting creating very short dwell time.
Lower angle for less advantage and more dwell.  The non-ported, suppressed gun uses this to delay unlocking to reduce port noise.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, that does explain it well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top