Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2022 11:06:56 PM EDT
Do y'all use a stripper clip adapter to load magazines for your FAL? I bought a lot of 7 of the metric ones to try on my inch pattern magazines. Needless to say, they didn't fit over the forward lug of the magazine. So I opened the front of a couple of them up so they would fit over the lug. Did Commonwealth countries use inch pattern stripper clip guides? The two I performed surgery on seem to work fine with both 5 and 10 round stripper clips.
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about how Commonwealth countries packed their ammunition for use in FALs.
I like using stripper clip loading when available. I believe that is one thing logistical wizards got right about ammo packaging.
I know a lot of people think you should fill the house to the rafters with loaded magazines, but since inch pattern magazines are somewhat scarce, and expensive, stripper clip loading seems a viable workaround for my current situation. I have seven inch pattern magazines for my current rifle. Yes I know metric magazines will work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 2:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I just use my hands to load my FAL mags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:57:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blfuller] [#2]
Maglula for FAL works good...
https://www.maglula.com/product/fal-lula-7-62-x-51mm-308-win

There are stripper clip adapters if you go that route.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Markypie] [#3]
This is what I did:

My questions are: Did any commonwealth countries use these in inch patterns? Did commonwealth countries supply their ammo on stripper clips in bandoliers as the US did for M14, M16, etc?

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGH456E] [#4]
Yes the Brits, Canadians and maybe Aust used stripper clips for their Inch Rifles.  
The Canadian top cover had a stripper clip guide built into it for that purpose. (Google images of the C1A1 rifle).
Otherwise they, like the US, had their 308 ammo loaded into cans in several ways:  linked, stripper clips and cartons.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TGH456E:
Yes the Brits, Canadians and maybe Aust used stripper clips for their Inch Rifles.  
The Canadian top cover had a stripper clip guide built into it for that purpose. (Google images of the C1A1 rifle).
Otherwise they, like the US, had their 308 ammo loaded into cans in several ways:  linked, stripper clips and cartons.
View Quote

Thank you! I knew the Canuks must have used stripper clips because of the built in guide, but I was unsure about the Brits and Australians. I wonder if the Indians used them, also.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Markypie:

Thank you! I knew the Canuks must have used stripper clips because of the built in guide, but I was unsure about the Brits and Australians. I wonder if the Indians used them, also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGH456E:

All I know about them is I've gotten Indian 308 on stripper clips so I assume so.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#7]

View Quote

All my Australian surplus came on stripper clips in bandoleers inside the sealed ammo cans.
1988 manufacture
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the information!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top