Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/25/2018 9:25:13 PM EDT
It looks like they are now ready to ship their RPPR 22 belt fed system. I have been looking at razorbacks and lm7s and happened across them. Anyone involved or provide any testing for them?

I just can’t enough 22lr it seems.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks pretty cool and the price is right. I'd like to see some functioning examples in the wild before I'm a buyer though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. They have the one video posted so it seems capable. I don’t mind tweaking but if it needs some I hope they are willing to share the secrets.  Spare parts availability concerns me as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks pretty cool and the price is right. I'd like to see some functioning examples in the wild before I'm a buyer though.
View Quote
Crowd fund me one and I'll demo the shit out of it for everyone
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting this...didn't know about them...
Eric at Lakeside was selling all the equipment and blueprints to make everything he made a few years ago.  I wonder if these guys bought it from him or just copying his stuff.
It looks identical to his stuff.
Even look at the picture below from the LithoCoreX website.  That plastic loader has the word Lakeside Machine in the mold and you can make out the word Lakeside on the left between the two screw holes on the left.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting this...didn't know about them...
Eric at Lakeside was selling all the equipment and blueprints to make everything he made a few years ago.  I wonder if these guys bought it from him or just copying his stuff.
It looks identical to his stuff.
Even look at the picture below from the LithoCoreX website.  That plastic loader has the word Lakeside Machine in the mold and you can make out the word Lakeside on the left between the two screw holes on the left.
https://www.lithocorex.com/content/images/thumbs/0001104_rppr-22-cal-belt-fed-upper-receiver.jpeg
View Quote
The muzzle brake's were of a unique design on the Lakeside Razorback's also and the one on the LithoCoreX website also look identical to what is on my Razorback....I think they must be selling left over Lakeside stuff.  Don't know why anyone would put the extra effort into copying that brake.
https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/fantastic-fun-belt-fed-lakeside-machine-razorbac-1573-c-21341948aa

The rail does look different than what was on the Razorback though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Very interesting. Thanks for posting the details that caught your eye. I know it is a novelty but I wanted one the moment I got my 614. On the positive side a design based on the lakeside machine is vetted. It can be made to function. Downside? If they are selling off the last of the inventory, parts will completely dry up.

I made the mistake of showing the YouTube clips to my son. As if I needed anymore prodding to get one.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 1:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting. I wonder how close the design is to the Razorback/LM7 if not the same?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Could not help myself. Broke down and ordered one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m interested, but will need to see more actual user reviews before buying.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I will keep this updated with impressions and feedback. If I have issues I can’t think of a better place to get them sorted.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Double tap. Place holder now I guess
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered early June.

Was supposed to ship June 30th then July 31st.

So we will see. Still waiting!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
That is disappointing to hear. I saw the two shipment dates. I assumed this was the second batch. How have they been for communicating the reason for the delay?

Waiting on a single part? None were ready to
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#14]
This is interesting. Lakeside for sale on Gunbroker
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Well since I posted I called LithocoreX and They called me back today.

They are shipping my upper today and they are waiting on belts still so that is the delay.

I also ordered a custom length barrel but they are shipping the standard kit and will just sell me a shorty barrel when they ship the belts later!

I am happy to have the upper coming since I prepaid back in June!
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is interesting. Lakeside for sale on Gunbroker
View Quote
That's quite the buy now price.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Ben97xj

Did they give you tracking info? When I log in my order still says processing. Yours could not have been that far ahead of mine. Website said 22 available when I jumped.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Another iPhone double tap

Might as well use it. Says processing but my bank says transaction went through.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered back on 6/2/18.

Mine will be here Saturday but I won’t have any belts yet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I ordered back on 6/2/18.

Mine will be here Saturday but I won’t have any belts yet.
View Quote
Dude you are killing me. I know you didn’t have belts to shoot it but the fact that it may have finally arrived.

Overall build quaintly? Fit and finish? Fitment? Etc.

Thanks.
Mike.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Built quality looks good! Finish is not perfect but doesn’t bother me.

You have several different finish colors grey, blued steel etc.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Thank you.

Hope mine is not far behind
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Is the bolt like the LM7 or the Razorback? Sear trip is installed? Integral to it?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Built quality looks good! Finish is not perfect but doesn’t bother me.

You have several different finish colors grey, blued steel etc.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/70182/99DCA35D-75CD-4119-8D39-3BEF06BF8C2F-638037.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/70182/F0E44DA7-0D46-4C4B-9E87-D7EB867E83B8-638038.JPG
View Quote
Very nice!  That will be a blast to shoot!  Do you have to use lightened hammer spring for that set up?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#25]
It comes with a hammer spring and special buffer.

I haven’t installed it on anything since I don’t have belts yet!

I will take a pic of the bolt later
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I would think that they should have copied the LM7 design and had the trip be an insert so you can vary the thickness.  Not everyone owns a factory Colt (or perfectly positioned auto sear conversion) which is what Eric ran into.   Timing issues that may not be present in 556 or 9mm don't show up in those calibers but can be an issue with this setup.  Again, even more sensitive/critical than a mag fed 22LR upper.

Eric initially didn't think he would have a bolt bounce problem when he came out with the LM7.  I was one of the early testers of a pre-production prototype and thought otherwise.  I was right and he did make buffers that had anti-bounce weights for full auto use.  So you will need that if you plan on using it in full auto.

Razorback's were not sold for full auto use and were not provided with those buffers with the anti bounce weights.

Rim thicknesses vary with various brands of 22LR and this is also critical to the function in this upper.  You should have been advised on what ammo these bolts are tuned for.  Eric had tuned them for the CCI Blazer ammo back in the day.  
The rims also need to be consistent.  Some manufacturers may not be as consistent as others.  You get a case with a fat rim and it will get choked in the t-slot.
Unless LithocoreX figured out a new way to handle that, I wouldn't expect this to run all different types of 22LR ammo.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It comes with a hammer spring and special buffer.

I haven’t installed it on anything since I don’t have belts yet!

I will take a pic of the bolt later
View Quote
If you live in the panhandle near the west end, I have some loaded belts you can run through your upper.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#28]
@wholebunches

Unfortunately I am not. I am in central FL
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Amphibian. I am sure I will have a bunch of questions for you. I am sure they were covered in the lakeside forums but I hope you can spare some time as we get the LithocoreX models up and running.

So if you don’t mind.

Did you have to run a reduced power hammer spring? Did you have to run a milspec trigger? When I was working on getting my problematic cmmg dialed in I picked up a lakeside spring kit and Eric mentioned having to work the sear/hammer engagement surface but declined doing it to an SSF setu. Was that “over” cam issue a problem for you?  A little concerned about the buffer since I run an A5 but I can have something made if need be.

As far as ammo. I rarely see Blazer here. Have plenty of SV and mini mags stockpiled but I will track it down if need be.

Thanks for any insight you can provide or point to from the past.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ben97XJ
Unfortunately I am not. I am in central FL
View Quote
Me too...i shoot at scgaa.org
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Me too...i shoot at scgaa.org
View Quote
So do I!  Pm me your email or cell I’ll do the same let’s schedule a time to go shoot!

I need to borrow a belt for this guy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did you have to run a reduced power hammer spring? Did you have to run a milspec trigger? When I was working on getting my problematic cmmg dialed in I picked up a lakeside spring kit and Eric mentioned having to work the sear/hammer engagement surface but declined doing it to an SSF setu. Was that "over" cam issue a problem for you?  A little concerned about the buffer since I run an A5 but I can have something made if need be.

As far as ammo. I rarely see Blazer here. Have plenty of SV and mini mags stockpiled
View Quote
I have a factory Colt 614 that I pretty much dedicated to the LM7 but honestly havent pulled it out in a few years...didnt really want to burn up 22LR after prices went up on ammo....almost back down to pre Sandy Hook prices.
I did send a hammer, trigger and auto sear to Eric years ago to eliminate the over cam issue.  I never paid attention to see if the SSF does the same thing.
A5 shouldnt be an issue.  Eric used to ship a cut off piece of galvanized pipe as a spacer.  You just need to cut anything the right length as a spacer for the A5 length.
PSA has had some great prices on Blazer with free shipping a few wks ago.  Again, you will have to get a feel for what ammo moves freely in the t-slot of your bolt....have you asked Lithocorex what they recommend?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#33]
LithocoreX reccomends Blazer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I gave up on my CMMG conversion working in FA and believe me I tried everything to make it run. Looking forward to hearing how the LithocoreX runs on a M16 lower.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I was clearly luckily. I picked up a complete upper, cmmg dedicated 22. I added the sear trip and weight and It ran perfectly.

I decided to build a shorter barreled set up and let my boys shoot the original. Played hell trying to get it to run. Was maddening. Polished every surface. Swapped each piece part by part between the two bolts. Measured and drew them both up in CAD trying to find the difference. The lakeside spring kit. Taccom springs. Etc. Nothing.

Added Gorillas ball detent mod to the problem kit and like magic, Bolt bounce was cured. Drove me insane.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Belts show up yet?  Mine is supposed to ship next week. Would be annoyed but between work and everything else I seem to want being back ordered I have let it slide.

Bolt pic? I really hope it is the all metal Razorback style with a LM7 tail end. Just curious how the sear trip is going to work.

Thanks.
Mike
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Any update?
Any one fired one yet in full-auto?
I need to order one but would like to hear the stories first.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I wish I could update.  Have not received it yet. Going to call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wish I could update.  Have not received it yet. Going to call tomorrow.
View Quote
Ask when they will have the belts. Still can’t shoot mine!
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I will ask. Paul told me they have everything needed to fill orders.

If you don’t have one already. Eric of lakeside has belt loading kits listed on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd like to bump this and see if anyone who ordered it is happy with the kit and can give more details. Especially if it runs in full auto with a RDIAS.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I gave up on my CMMG conversion working in FA and believe me I tried everything to make it run...
View Quote
I assume that you've eliminated any burrs and rough spots on the .22 conversion unit, checked to see that an un-fired .22 round drops in and falls out off the chamber, and have ensured that the mags are not an issue.  What does the feed ramp to chamber transition look like on your unit?  A photo of what appears to be a well formed and quite extensively chamfered ramp to chamber transition is at the CMMG website ad for their .22 conversion adapter sub-assembly here:
https://www.cmmginc.com/product/chamber-adapter-assembly22arc-bravo/
Note that there appears to be no impediment to the cartridge sliding into the chamber.

To get a couple of CMMG .22 conversion units (an older Stainless Steel and a newer BRAVO) GTG I did some grinding, filing, and polishing to get close to what's shown in the photo.  That plus using a new recoil spring in my older unit got things working extremely well with CCI MiniMag 40 gr. ammo and a number of others also.  Using a J.A. Ciener (or, I believe, a Spikes Tactical) anti-bounce weight (both are heavier than the CMMG) helps too.

Best of luck with your conversion, and the belt-fed unit when you get it.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'd like to bump this and see if anyone who ordered it is happy with the kit and can give more details. Especially if it runs in full auto with a RDIAS.
View Quote
I wish I could comment. Still waiting. No belts is what they are saying. Had one not been delivered, and shown in this thread, I would not still be waiting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's quite the buy now price.
View Quote
Standard ARFCOM GD pricing, LOL!
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Frustrating that the belts are still unavailable. I don't see the point in buying an upper until they are.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I wish I could comment. Still waiting. No belts is what they are saying. Had one not been delivered, and shown in this thread, I would not still be waiting.
View Quote
I appreciate the info. They show one kit in stock including belts but I guess that's not entirely accurate at this moment. Guess I'll wait until they have everything in stock
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#47]
My thought exactly.
Will not drop my coin unless they’re ready to roll.

Quoted:

I appreciate the info. They show one kit in stock including belts but I guess that's not entirely accurate at this moment. Guess I'll wait until they have everything in stock
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw that on their website as well. Was more than a bit annoyed. Tempted to call and ask about it.  Ready to go? Done deal. Send it my way.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Funny that there are a bunch of us with money in hand, waiting. You'd think they'd make this a higher priority, but I guess it's just not important to their business.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone have any update to this.  Has anyone tested this with a non colt post sample lower? RDIAS? How is FA working?  Anyone run anything other than blazer in these?   Anyone even have belts for these?

I've been holding my checkbook out but so far it seems like something is wrong here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top