Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2023 8:45:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteveOak]
I bought a Liberty Presidential 25. Definitely old school, the face of the door is solid, 1" thick.

Looking for information like specifications, especially weight. Anything else would be appreciated. A brochure from 1995 would be very cool.

Thanks!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I contacted the seller. He has the original paperwork and will send it to me. I got the serial number which was not on the safe anywhere and was able to register the safe with Liberty and now have the lifetime warranty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the safe door solid steel of 1” thick?
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rmmiller1985:
Is the safe door solid steel of 1” thick?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Lincoln 25 from that era and the door looks thick but really isn't. Has dry wall in it.
I tripped the relocker in it 25 years ago and had to have it drilled.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps the Lincoln is different than the Presidential.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xanadu] [#6]
nvm\
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I am interested if it’s solid steel or just thin metal with a sheetrock interior.
Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The door of mine is solid steel, heavy as shit.

We pulled the inside cover off the door to change the combination. You could see the inside of the door. 1" thick solid steel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
1 inch steel composite door trust me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I want to believe you that Liberty DID make a safe of that caliber at one point in time.
A 1” AR steel door would be in line with some of the highest security safes Underwriters Laboratory certifies and tests.
I am buying a TL30 rated safe and it has a 6” door, but mostly concrete.
My current AMSEC safe has a 1/2” steel plate AR steel door and it’s doesn’t have beveled edges like your door.

I only tell you this so you don’t misjudge the burglary resistance of your safe.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Lol the door isn’t 1” steel.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jalcon9:
Lol the door isn’t 1” steel.
View Quote

If that thought makes you happy, who am I to deprive you of it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:29:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Just in case anyone ever does read this, no that door is not 1” thick plate steel…

Hell the current version has a 7 gauge body.  That is 3/16” of an inch.  

A typical Ft Knox body is 10 gauge, around 1/8” (or .14” if true thickness).  

One of the old 90’s Yeager series Fort Knox safes would have a 3/16” body, plus a 10 gauge inner liner.  The door was a beefed up 5/8” steel plate (plus composite for fireproofing).

Liberty conveniently does not even mention the current version’s steel door thickness on their website either.  Sure as hell if it was 1” thick steel they would be mentioning it.  Not sure it would even be safe to open with that much weight out the front either…still need the fireproofing material as well, plus the lockworks and inner wall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top