Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2018 10:30:54 PM EDT
I cast my bid on GB, however unsuccessfully. I need some more motivation to increase that bid.

How are the groups at close, medium and long range? What ammo is it liking? Is it betting 17S and SBR groups?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I too took an unsuccessful run at one on GB, but then I lucked into a scoped M82A1 for 5k, so I won’t be getting a Mk20 for a bit.  I’d love to hear some reports as well, I’m hearing FGMM 168’s are settling into pretty solid sub-MOA groups.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You should do a “will it blend” style video but with .50.

I’m positive that I don’t own one because I wouldn’t be able to not shoot a deer/coyote with it
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should do a “will it blend” style video but with .50.

I’m positive that I don’t own one because I wouldn’t be able to not shoot a deer/coyote with it
View Quote
Funny you mention it, I’m going to lug it into the woods this weekend to attempt exactly that
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not generally an accurate shooter, when shooting at paper. I have a few bolt guns and a couple AR’s that seem to shoot pretty good, so I do get the occasional sub MOA group.

I needed to get zeroed but it was pretty late in the afternoon so I only took 20 rounds of Radway Green L2A2. I just planned on getting on paper with the surplus ammo and then bring handloads the next time to see what kind of accuracy I could get. After this, I am looking forward to the next trip to the range.

Bottom right target was first, shot 2 rounds and adjusted .75 MOA right, .5 MOA up for the next 2 rounds. Made another 1 MOA up adjusted and shot the top right. Got excited on the top left but still happy with the results, bottom left was next and then center.

Overall I’m very impressed, as was the RSO.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am not generally an accurate shooter, when shooting at paper. I have a few bolt guns and a couple AR’s that seem to shoot pretty good, so I do get the occasional sub MOA group.

I needed to get zeroed but it was pretty late in the afternoon so I only took 20 rounds of Radway Green L2A2. I just planned on getting on paper with the surplus ammo and then bring handloads the next time to see what kind of accuracy I could get. After this, I am looking forward to the next trip to the range.

https://i.imgur.com/nUyPIYL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ClLjOFi.jpg

Bottom right target was first, shot 2 rounds and adjusted .75 MOA right, .5 MOA up for the next 2 rounds. Made another 1 MOA up adjusted and shot the top right. Got excited on the top left but still happy with the results, bottom left was next and then center.

Overall I’m very impressed, as was the RSO.
View Quote
That’s impressive. I’d be very interested to see how it does with FGMM 168’s or handloads.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
That is awesome with surplus ball ammo
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Funny you mention it, I’m going to lug it into the woods this weekend to attempt exactly that
View Quote
Funny you should say that when I had my Barrett I shot a few hogs with it.  One I shot with a 661gr lead core fmj right into the heart and obliterated it, broke the leg over the back, and broke the neck and back of the creature.  I also shot one with an API round just to see what would happen .... the aftermath was not pretty and the exit wound was narly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Funny you should say that when I had my Barrett I shot a few hogs with it.  One I shot with a 661gr lead core fmj right into the heart and obliterated it, broke the leg over the back, and broke the neck and back of the creature.  I also shot one with an API round just to see what would happen .... the aftermath was not pretty and the exit wound was narly.
View Quote
Pictures or it didn’t happen. Don’t tell us you didn’t take any.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took a doe, used a 750gr AMAX. The round impacted the base of the neck, exited out the far side. I wasn’t expecting it to start to disrupt tissue as quick as it did, it blew a decent chunk out the back. I could see pretty clearly down into the deer. If I’d have done a chest shot, I think it would have just blew most of the offside rib cage out as the round had only just started to frag when it exited the neck. I’d be curious to see what it did to your hogs. I definitely want to try mine out on them should the opportunity arise. They aren’t much in our area yet, thankfully. Free bump OP!

Graphic aftermath of a 750gr AMAX on a deer neck, you’ve been warned:

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top