Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 12:07:26 PM EDT
Google search doesn't provide much other than mentions of his products for the m82 rifle o other boards. He apparently had a decent trigger improvement and other accessories for sale.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I kick myself for not picking up one of his m107 style cheek covers way back. His old site was Schryvergunsales.com.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 3:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
K&P was at one time the only authorized company other than Barrett themselves to do regarding of the A1 style rifles.
We used to send them barrel extensions periodically.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking for one of the cheek covers also. And my trigger is pretty rough. I imagine it will smooth out eventually but I had heard he did a trigger job or mod that folks liked.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I do not think Lin Schryver is still in the gun business.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a Shryver cheekpiece and buttpad for my M107 about 7 years ago. The buttpad is awesome, it's similar to a really thick shotgun gel pad, and is much more comfortable than the OEM Barrett pad. I absolutely hated the cheekpiece, it made it impossible for me to get a good cheekweld and straight sightline with the scope. The cheekpiece ended up in the trash, buttpad is still on the rifle (a friend ended up buying the gun).
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
A lot of times the mating surface between the transfer bar and the bump on the trigger that raises it are the worst offenders for a gritty trigger feel.
The transfer bars are MIM now, and have been since around '02 or so.
The sear and firing pin extension are machined after heat treat to give a cleaner cut. Very lightly stoning with a ruby stone on a those surfaces really helps.
Be careful to NOT remove any material between the the trigger bump and the corresponding transfer bar hump. If you do, you won't be able to pull the trigger enough to raise the transfer bar far enough to upset the sear and firing pin extension.

Don't change the angle of the firing pin extension and the sear. They are on opposing 3 or 4 degree angles. I forget which.
You can get a slam fire if you change the angles.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Lyn said to call Brian Potempa at 414 588-5198.... He has some of the cheek pieces...
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome! Thanks!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top