Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 11:28:12 PM EDT
So I'm sure everyone has seen the new proposed ATF rule changes regarding receivers. I'm worried the Lage MAC uppers (and similar products) could potentially be impacted, it could even potentially make them contraband post-86 MG receivers or only legal for use on a semi auto MAC.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
It will screw up a lot more than just that. So just shows how badly we need to fight this, or there will be mass non-compliance

I haven't read up on the proposal, but it sounds bad. Especially if it doesn't have to go through congress first
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought an M11/9 with the hopes of getting a Lage Upper and now this. I’m hoping we can fight this. I’ve written both of my Senators and my Congressman, all are Pro 2A. The proposed ATF head is David “Waco” Chipman and is rabidly anti-gun. It amazes me how liberals are pro criminal and anti-gun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Repugnant to the constitution and all that, but unfortunately now a days what's new?  Most prob won't comply, some unlucky person or people will get fucked over by it, they will end up spending every penny they have fighting it, maybe to win, as they should, but maybe not.  Sad times.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I ad through quite a few pages of the proposal.  Seems that it would likely take away the modularity of M16s as well.

Who knows though. The whole thing is ridiculous. At the very least it will make destruction of many more parts required for destruction and import. So no more parts kits that we love to weld up or make new receivers for.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I've read what was published about the proposed rule change. To make any change retroactive looks like a Pandora's box of unenforceability. I don't see how they would be able to get everyone into compliance which they would need to do to have any hope of enforcement.

We had the 1968 amnesty because it was necessary to be able to enforce the CGA. This would be a totally different animal and a lot more daunting.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read what was published about the proposed rule change. To make any change retroactive looks like a Pandora's box of unenforceability. I don't see how they would be able to get everyone into compliance which they would need to do to have any hope of enforcement.

We had the 1968 amnesty because it was necessary to be able to enforce the CGA. This would be a totally different animal and a lot more daunting.
View Quote

Didn't stop them in the past though, for example the various .50 BMG AR uppers that are all now considered firearms..
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Didn't stop them in the past though, for example the various .50 BMG AR uppers that are all now considered firearms..
View Quote
Read the definition of a firearm and it describes the upper a lot more than the lower. I have first hand seen a Mac-22 kit fired with a lower attached. A glock upper in theory should fire without a lower, As will an AR upper. They are opening a can of worms here. The goal is to create more felons and register more guns.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Read the definition of a firearm and it describes the upper a lot more than the lower. I have first hand seen a Mac-22 kit fired with a lower attached. A glock upper in theory should fire without a lower, As will an AR upper. They are opening a can of worms here. The goal is to create more felons and register more guns.
View Quote

Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with." ('Atlas Shrugged' 1957)
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with." ('Atlas Shrugged' 1957)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like it’s straight from a present day Democratic Caucus or BATFE meeting.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

While it may describe an upper more than a lower guns such as the M16, Mac, glock, 1911, etc do NOT meet the description and therefore by their own description are not firearms. I believe this is what they are trying to fix/screw us with.

They are very much going to open a huge fan of worms. There will be a large number of folks that say "might as well put an auto sear in it as the penalty is the same as having an AR pistol or a glock".
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

While it may describe an upper more than a lower guns such as the M16, Mac, glock, 1911, etc do NOT meet the description and therefore by their own description are not firearms. I believe this is what they are trying to fix/screw us with.

They are very much going to open a huge fan of worms. There will be a large number of folks that say "might as well put an auto sear in it as the penalty is the same as having an AR pistol or a glock".
View Quote
You are wrong.  An M-16 will fire without a lower, A Glock the same.. A Mac will as well. I have seen a Mac11/9 .22 conversion fired without a Mac.  It is a can of worms. The ATF went back and made FNC owners engrave the serial number on the upper. This is a small group of 10-12,000 guns. The ATF can and will change the rules for any reason including economic revenge against a builder of uppers. Don't ever forget they have an army of lawyers and an unlimited budget.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are wrong.  An M-16 will fire without a lower, A Glock the same.. A Mac will as well. I have seen a Mac11/9 .22 conversion fired without a Mac.  It is a can of worms. The ATF went back and made FNC owners engrave the serial number on the upper. This is a small group of 10-12,000 guns. The ATF can and will change the rules for any reason including economic revenge against a builder of uppers. Don't ever forget they have an army of lawyers and an unlimited budget.
View Quote

And I can fire a shotgun shell without a shotgun. What's your point?

The definition, last I looked,specified how the barrel and FCG were held, not if it could fire since that would make a rock or a pipe and a nail a firearm.

ATF is a huge pile of shit and needs to be disbanded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top