Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2017 12:51:10 PM EDT
In the process of buying my first MG. Trying to soak it all in.

Can yall confirm that the Max-11K ships with the lage slow fire bolt?

And the MAX-11sk uses the standard M11 bolt.

Their is a big price difference in the two. And in the description under the SK it refers too the CF-W slow fire bolt.

I am buying this on a trust so I am in for the long haul. I was wanting to buy a Lage 9mm upper and then buy the 22LR conversion to run it it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The Max-11k upper using its own "slow fire" style of bolt, made entirely of steel, and it will NOT accept the original M11 bolt. It has a base ROF of 740 RPM but can be increased to with the variable buffer system, i.e. several rubber pads that make the bolt bounce sooner and shoot faster. The cocking knob on the left side of the gun is connected directly to the bolt and reciprocates when is fired.

The Max-11Sk is slightly different design internally. It uses the original M11 bolt so it has a high rate of fire of around 1,200 RPM,  but can also be used with the aftermarket Tungsten slow fire bolt to achieve a ROF of around 600 RPM. The cocking knob on the left side of the gun is NOT connected directly to the bolt and does NOT reciprocates when is fired. This model can be used with both Semi-auto and Full Auto M11/9 lowers.

Here is a comparison between the two bolt types on the Max-11Sk
The MAX-11Sk Upper Receiver

As for which to pick, that's up to you. I bought the Max-11k because there was one used on EE and honestly I had no clue there was a difference in the models, I thought the Sk version was just for semi-autos, I didn't realize it could be used with a full auto.  The Max-11Sk will be more expensive if you want to use the tungsten bolt as they run like $750 plus the upper is like $500, whereas you can get a Max-11k for $800. But the Sk version does have a non-reciprocating bolt which some people prefer.

EDIT: Lage only makes a 22lr kit for the Max11 Mk2, I'm not aware of a kit for the Max-11k upper. With 9mm ammo as cheap as $0.16 a round right now I personally wouldn't even bother with 22lr
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I called lage last week and they said the 22lr conversion kit can be modified to work in the SK model. They would do the minor modification free of charge.

I think I will most likely go with the Max-11K. It would be a hard pill for me to swallow paying $700 for the heavy bolt. Then $500 for the upper.

I read somewhere on a different forum that a owner of a m11 did what I was planning on doing and regretted the 22LR conversion for the 9mm Lage upper. The guy said he wish he would had bought the lage 22LR kit for the standard M11 upper. That way it would be easier to swap the 2 different dedicated uppers.

Thoughts?

Wanting a 22lr upper to shoot cheap in the back yard and will be running a suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I called lage last week and they said the 22lr conversion kit can be modified to work in the SK model. They would do the minor modification free of charge.

I think I will most likely go with the Max-11K. It would be a hard pill for me to swallow paying $700 for the heavy bolt. Then $500 for the upper.

I read somewhere on a different forum that a owner of a m11 did what I was planning on doing and regretted the 22LR conversion for the 9mm Lage upper. The guy said he wish he would had bought the lage 22LR kit for the standard M11 upper. That way it would be easier to swap the 2 different dedicated uppers.

Thoughts?

Wanting a 22lr upper to shoot cheap in the back yard and will be running a suppressor.
View Quote
I am still waiting on my M11/9 to get approved (3/30/17 trust submission) but have collected the uppers as you are doing. I have the original stock upper. I purchased the Max-11K shortly before Lage released the Max-11K Mod 1 (without the integral pistol grip). For a super small fee, Lage converted my K to the new style Mod 1 with the rail on the bottom. I also purchased the Max-31 and 6 Suomi drums. The last decision was which 22 kit to purchase. I went with the Max-11 kit as I wanted to be able to mount the red dot to the 22 kit equipped upper. I had Chris at Aquila Firearms thread the 22 kit to accept an adapter of my design (Chris made the adapter as well) so that I can run a suppressor on it.

I figure I'll shoot them all when the lower finally approves and decide if swapping the the 22 kit out of the 11K is a pain. If so, I might go crazy and get a second 11K Mod 1 to run as a short 9mm upper or I could get the standard 11 to complete the family of Lage uppers. Having a year to think about it gives plenty of time to rationalize spending alot of money on parts!

I also wish Lage would make a dedicated 22 upper with a standard thick barrel that comes threaded.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
What I really want is a upper that takes the AM180 mags.

I talked to a guy at lage last week and he said just to let them know which upper I plan on using my 22 kit with and he can leave the barrel a little long for threading. I was going to get EastTXhunter here on the forums to thread it for me.

I looked around briefly the other night and it appears that the cheap milsurp suomi drum mags have been bought up. So I figured I would just go with the standard lage upper using M11/9 mags.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry if this is a little late, but I just bought a half dozen soumi drum mags 6 weeks ago @ $50/ea. at a regular webstore.
They're out there... keep searching, padawan.

My Max-31 upper just arrived this week but I have not got a chance to get out and shoot it. It's pretty damn badass to hold and look at. If the max-31 runs well, I think I'm going to consider selling my Max-11 upper and it's Max-11/22 conversion kit. I can't imagine wanting to use the Max-11 again with whole drums of 9mm on tap. If I get the urge for a smaller setup I'll put the OEM bullet hose upper on it.

And don't make my mistake though and only buy 6 drums, buy 7 or 14. I have to go back and buy one more.
7 drums is super convenient because that's 500 rounds (half-case) of ammo... 14 holds a whole case of 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a screaming deal on a regular lage 22 kit. For the stock upper. Might be a silly question but does it work for the sk upper to or is that the max 11 22 kit?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just got a screaming deal on a regular lage 22 kit. For the stock upper. Might be a silly question but does it work for the sk upper to or is that the max 11 22 kit?
View Quote
Idk, I wish lage would do a YT video on the kit and show the different variations side by side. I originally wanted 1 upper dedicated to 22 with it’s own red dot. Then another for 9mm slow fire. But I just can’t justify dropping $800 just to run a dedicated 22lr conversation kit. And since I can not mount a red dot on the stock m11/9 upper I’m not  going to get the kit  for it.

I have considered the practical solutions conversion kit but from what YT videos I have seen it looks kinda aggravating. I do like their little stock looking side charging upper with pic rail and vertical grip.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Idk, I wish lage would do a YT video on the kit and show the different variations side by side. I originally wanted 1 upper dedicated to 22 with it’s own red dot. Then another for 9mm slow fire. But I just can’t justify dropping $800 just to run a dedicated 22lr conversation kit. And since I can not mount a red dot on the stock m11/9 upper I’m not  going to get the kit  for it.

I have considered the practical solutions conversion kit but from what YT videos I have seen it looks kinda aggravating. I do like their little stock looking side charging upper with pic rail and vertical grip.
View Quote
I had a Burris FF mount welded to my oem upper and you can get quite a few different options for “oem style” uppers with red dot options.  I also use a in lead we trust 3-lug barrel.  It also has 1/2x28 threads at the end so with the oem m-11 kit you can run a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had a Burris FF mount welded to my oem upper and you can get quite a few different options for “oem style” uppers with red dot options.  I also use a in lead we trust 3-lug barrel.  It also has 1/2x28 threads at the end so with the oem m-11 kit you can run a suppressor.
View Quote
Who did your weld job?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Will the MAX-11SK accept the 750rpm bolt that I bought with my (now discontined) MAX-11A1/9 Upper Receiver?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My Max-31 upper just arrived this week but I have not got a chance to get out and shoot it. It's pretty damn badass to hold and look at. If the max-31 runs well, I think I'm going to consider selling my Max-11 upper and it's Max-11/22 conversion kit. I can't imagine wanting to use the Max-11 again with whole drums of 9mm on tap. If I get the urge for a smaller setup I'll put the OEM bullet hose upper on it.
View Quote
I had the original Max-11 upper. Had major feeding issues with zytel and metal mags that I attributed to my lower. My serial number was close to the ban date so the well is probably welded out of spec. Picked up the Max-31 and five drums and that's all I take to the range. Sold the Max-11 to someone else with a swd11/9 and he ran it flawlessly so it's not the Lage upper. It's so satisfying to dump 71 rounds in a string. Shockwave tech makes 30 round stick (coffin) mags too.. just wish they had them in 50's.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#12]
It should. Contact Vegas.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I had the original Max-11 upper. Had major feeding issues with zytel and metal mags that I attributed to my lower. My serial number was close to the ban date so the well is probably welded out of spec. Picked up the Max-31 and five drums and that's all I take to the range. Sold the Max-11 to someone else with a swd11/9 and he ran it flawlessly so it's not the Lage upper. It's so satisfying to dump 71 rounds in a string. Shockwave tech makes 30 round stick (coffin) mags too.. just wish they had them in 50's.
View Quote
Hope thats not going to be a issue with mine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hope thats not going to be a issue with mine.
View Quote
If it is, the lower is a massive chunk of steel. You can get a gunsmith to reweld and repark. If you run out of ammo, you can use the lower by itself to club your foe after throwing the upper at them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#15]
The Lage Manufacturing product line exemplifies "The Paradox of Choice":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top