Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2021 8:38:19 AM EDT
What's the "LaRue MBT Trigger" of 10/22s as far as best trigger upgrade for the money?  The BX trigger or VQ hammer kit?  Not really interested in a Kidd trigger for the kids, just want to crisp it up a bit.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Send it to Brimstone for a Tier 3 or Tier 1 job, or get a KIDD unit.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve done 10/22 triggers myself, replaced springs, and that’s pretty good...

But when it comes to the top shelf, there’s KIDD, then everything else.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I've owned a couple Kidds in the past, they're fantastic.  This one is just for the kid so not really worth it for now at least.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
    I used the VQ kits and with my friend's help we modified some other parts and the typical trigger ended up around 2.5 pounds.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the BX trigger kit for the price.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Bang-for-your-buck, the BX trigger is hard to beat, especially if you get one on sale. I think I paid about $50ea when building up rifles for Appleseed.

That said, I wouldnt consider it a match trigger, more like a pretty good OE trigger.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Kidd Trigger Job kit in the plastic housing is a good option if your not wanting a whole trigger housing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always done the the auto bolt release mod, installed a VQ Hammer and called it good.
I've never had the scratch for a full trigger pack.
One day I'm going to do a full build, I'll buy one then
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent a trigger to Brimstone for the tier 2 work, it's very nice and getting rid of the trigger return plunger by substitution of a torsion spring is an advancement.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
For a good reasonably priced trigger, this is the answer.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent a trigger to Brimstone for the tier 2 work, it's very nice and getting rid of the trigger return plunger by substitution of a torsion spring is an advancement.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably the BX for the kids. A VQ hammer may lighten the pull but in my experience does nothing to add any crispness to the trigger.
If you decide to buy the BX trigger I recommend going to a store that has several in stock and trying them out. There’s quite a bit of variation in them ranging from not working at all to being not that much different than stock triggers.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Brimstone 1000%!  Less than half the money of a buying a BX and just as good or better.  We had two of ours done, one of which was terrible from the factory, and they came back so much better.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like the BX trigger kit for the price.
View Quote

This.

But I wouldn’t say the BX is as good to the 10/22 at the MBT is to an AR.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the answer
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI.  I did Tier II.  Very happy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kidd Trigger Job kit in the plastic housing is a good option if your not wanting a whole trigger housing.
View Quote

^^^This is what I would call the MBT of the 10/22 world. About half the cost of the top of the line products but with a very respectable trigger pull.

Just like the MBT.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#17]
A BX trigger is a big improvement. There is a guy named Cay who sells an overtravel limiter for a 10-22 trigger on eBay. Put that in a BX trigger and it’s very nice. Then sell your original trigger group to cut your cost on the BX.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Get the VQ hammer kit, find the brimstone video on youtube where they show you how to polish the sear.

A few bucks, a little effort and you have a very nice trigger.

Or drop this in for $115. https://www.kiddinnovativedesign.com/KIDD-Trigger-Job-Kit-with-Hammer-Sear-Disconnect-and-Trigger-blade_p_116.html
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve got a brimstone, bx and volq hammer/spring upgrade kit.  The brimstone is the nicest but the bx is really nice for the money.  That’s what I would get
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top