Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2020 7:50:52 AM EDT
I have an "LMG" upper and I have no idea who made it as I cannot find markings anywhere on it, other than some stampings on the rail notches. It appears 100% correct from the pics I've dug up.

Were / are these commonly made by many makers?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Like a 606? Some pics would help greatly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I was unaware that there were more variations than the one I have, I've only seen them with an AR type handle and a rail with sights. Mine is the latter.

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
That is one of the knock off ones made by either of two companies. Actually its the same company (blackthorne) that changed its name to hide the disaster it was. The upper is notorious for being a POS. You can tell its not a Diemaco/Colt due to the flat texture of the plastic parts. Under the handguards you will find the gas tube is not the beefed up heavy one that was used on the originals. The bipod is also a usually screwed up in that there is not stops for the swiveling. Another give away is they have a forward assist on the upper which the originals do not since a forward assist is dangerous on the open bolt LMG M16. The flat tops all had the bipod mounted off a spigot and is a Parker Hale bipod.

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
THANKS! I knew I'd get an answer here!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THANKS! I knew I'd get an answer here!
View Quote
gnappi, I tried to send you a private message, but the site says you have that feature disabled.  I would like to ask you something concerning your upper.  If you don't mind, shoot me an email me at jntmjt1
AT  yahoo.com

JT
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the LMG uppers like mine

Attachment Attached File

Really both seemed like kind of a silly idea as they were still going to be fed by 30 round mags and would eat through them in no time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

>>SNIP<<
Really both seemed like kind of a silly idea as they were still going to be fed by 30 round mags and would eat through them in no time.
View Quote
Agreed, but I think the repro was really meant to be used as a semi, though mine had a Nickel Boron M16 type of BCG with it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/FA0F3330-25BA-4E68-A9DE-5E8CDB63423D_jpe-1240438.JPG

View Quote
All lmg’s from the 600 series to current IAR have been tested with drums. The IAR and Canadian lmgs are currently being used either the beta Cmag’s.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#9]
LMGs should be belt fed in my opinion and I think the M249 actually got it right with the ability to belt feed or feed from mags in an emergency.

Drums are ok but have the logistical problems of carrying them even when empty unless you leave them laying. Links get left in a pile when you’re done with them
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The good thing about drums is that if your rifle goes down for some reason, you can hand it off to a designated back up team member who can flip the happy switch and become a temp. to get you through it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/FA0F3330-25BA-4E68-A9DE-5E8CDB63423D_jpe-1240438.JPG

View Quote
I should have bought one of these while they were available.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I should have bought one of these while they were available.
View Quote
If you are talking about the new style uppers, you can still buy them new.

With those old LMG uppers, I recall it seemed like for years dealers couldn't give them away, then suddenly they became $2000+.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a couple of registered receivers and would like to make one an open bolt gun with that Colt LMG upper.

Anyone know where an open bolt M16 kit is ?
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top