Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/21/2020 8:00:32 PM EDT
Level III & IV Plates.

The page will show "out of stock", but when you click on it, it'll show the current inventory. Not much there only about 500 pieces left.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There were 620 of the IV this afternoon at 1:00 when I bought mine.
Currently 461
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OP
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Done....412 Left
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
How does this armor hold up to rounds hitting the edge? I was going to order some rma 1155 but man they are over 8 lbs from the specs I read.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does this armor hold up to rounds hitting the edge? I was going to order some rma 1155 but man they are over 8 lbs from the specs I read.
View Quote

Based on some of the you tube reviews it seems to hold up well, no 100 percent sure. I am really thinking about it after waffling on picking up armor over the last few months looking the botach plates as well although shipping seems to be all over the place for those in true botach style. I know Mrgunsngear's test got exceptional performance from his lvl 3 plate but I am a bit skeptical that it's performance will be consistent.

Anyone want to talk me out of this?
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Based on some of the you tube reviews it seems to hold up well, no 100 percent sure. I am really thinking about it after waffling on picking up armor over the last few months looking the botach plates as well although shipping seems to be all over the place for those in true botach style. I know Mrgunsngear's test got exceptional performance from his lvl 3 plate but I am a bit skeptical that it's performance will be consistent.

Anyone want to talk me out of this?
View Quote

Thats the thing. I want to get some but I don’t know. I kind of want nij certified. Rma has 1155 that are certified but are heavier.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#7]
what's a good plate carrier that will fit these????
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I will PayPal @Buffman_LT1 the $95 if he buys one and shoots it, and puts the video at the top of the production list Calling Buffman_LT1, please pick up the White Courtesy Phone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will PayPal @Buffman_LT1 the $95 if he buys one and shoots it, and puts the video at the top of the production list Calling Buffman_LT1, please pick up the White Courtesy Phone.
View Quote

There’s video on the pages of them being shot with 223 and 308
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Of course these are back in stock after I just ordered some of the AR500 plates last week just to have in the truck

Cant even cancel because theyve already been shipped
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Of course these are back in stock after I just ordered some of the AR500 plates last week just to have in the truck

View Quote

I bought a set of LAPG level 3 plates a month after I ordered plates (im stock) from BOTACH
The LAPG plates were delivered a week later

BOTACH charged my card on June 4th and i've gotten nothing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just put the AR500 plates up for sale in the EE, I'm sure there is someone out there that would buy them because they don't want to wait for some.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#13]
What the heck, ordered set for the wife.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just put the AR500 plates up for sale in the EE, I'm sure there is someone out there that would buy them because they don't want to wait for some.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. Im sure the S/H would be great

At only a 1.2lb difference between the Level III and Level IV, is there any reason to go with the IIIs here?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

At only a 1.2lb difference between the Level III and Level IV, is there any reason to go with the IIIs here?
View Quote

I am wondering the same thing.

The IIIs are an eighth thinner. But that's hardly a reason to go with III
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This as well. Im sure the extra 2.4lbs with going with the IVs can add up quickly, but if you dont have a ton of stuff on your PC, wouldnt having the IVs be a better bet in the long run?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#17]
2.4lbs is a pretty big difference for old peoples like me, but if I was young, I would not have a given a second thought  
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I know squat about body armor, but I want some.

Everyone recommends Esstac plate carriers, but they’re OOS. What’s a good carrier for these plates?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]
How do these compare to RMA lvl IV? Was just about to order those.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]
2.4 pounds is 2 more full ar mags
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I know squat about body armor, but I want some.

Everyone recommends Esstac plate carriers, but they’re OOS. What’s a good carrier for these plates?
View Quote

Look at the 90+ page plate carrier thread. Lots of good recommendations.
Having said that I have a Shellback that I’m happy with.
Most carriers will state what size and cut plates will fit.

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
2.4 pounds is 2 more full ar mags
View Quote

So the question is with these plates..more protection or 2 more mags?

Can always put more mags on a belt to distribute the weight?

D60 in the rifle and you dont have to worry about it
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]
What's with the odd size? 9.85 x 11.8? I guess that's a 10 x 12-ish? I assume a 10x12 PC will fit. For PCs that come in SAPI sizes, would you go with a medium?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I FO'd. Already have a set of RMA III+ but wanted a set of level IV for circumstances where I feel like the tradeoff in weight is worth it. These aren't too heavy, and the price is right.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#26]
It's interesting to see that there's plenty still left, especially the Level IIIs. It looks like we may have reached the "plateau" of the body armor demand.

And for new comers, who are looking for plate carriers; Yes, the big name brands such as, Spiritus, Crye, Ferro Concepts, etc. are all out of stock, but if you look around there are plenty others, such as Condor (Made in USA line), Grey Ghost, Beez Tactical, ATS tactical etc. Some of them are made to order, and you'd still have to give them about a month lead time, but at least it's made in the USA by Americans.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's interesting to see that there's plenty still left, especially the Level IIIs. It looks like we may have reached the "plateau" of the body armor demand.

And for new comers, who are looking for plate carriers; Yes, the big name brands such as, Spritus, Crye, Ferro Concepts, etc. are all out of stock, but if you look around there are plenty others, such as Condor (Made in USA line), Grey Ghost, Beez Tactical, ATS tactical etc. Some of them are made to order, and you'd still have to give them about a month lead time, but at least it's made in the USA by Americans.
View Quote

They sold over 400 plates in a little over 24 hours. And they are no name plates with like 1 positive YouTube video backing them.

Anyways I got my shipping notice the same day i ordered.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There's video on the pages of them being shot with 223 and 308
View Quote
With no chrono involved, so you don't know what they're shooting.

@mickdonaldson what one do you want me to test? If you make the donation, I'll shoot it, and push it to the top of the list. There's likely no way I'd get them this weekend so the net opportunity to shoot may be 1-2 weeks out.

LAPG Level III
LAPG IV
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@mickdonaldson what one do you want me to test? If you make the donation, I'll shoot it, and push it to the top of the list. There's likely no way I'd get them this weekend so the net opportunity to shoot may be 1-2 weeks out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's video on the pages of them being shot with 223 and 308

I’ll chip in $25 towards a good M855 vs level III test. Surely we can get some more contributors.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'll chip in $25 towards a good M855 vs level III test. Surely we can get some more contributors.
View Quote
Let's see if I can find a contact and ensure these get to me by friday, as I am going shooting this weekend. Hahah also their 10% off code if you want it.

proof1 by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LAPG Level III
LAPG IV
View Quote

You da man. Level III for me, personally, with M855 and M855A1 out of 10"-16". Edit: Money sent! Thanks bruddah!
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Various, from above:

Getting out of the way that NIJ Certified is never wrong, so if your threat model/risk assessment includes that, don't get these, I....

1. Went with the Level III's last month at $94.99, based on Mike's video (mrgunsngear). M2 AP may still kill you, but it won't be by a hole - and that's an unlikely threat anyway.

2. They weigh 5.2lbs ea. on my scale. My AR500.com Level III+ ALSC Build Up's weigh 6.8lbs ea. I'm 52 and have an 'Advanced' WILKS score on the Powerlifting Platform, but 10.4lbs vs 13.6lbs is a HUGE difference (and don't forget to add water weight ) Because I train, I also used to be one of those "eh, I'm in shape, what's a couple pounds?" guys - not any more. YMMV.

3. I have 2 carriers, one a Minimalist PC designed for 10x12 (A copy of the Grey Ghost Gear Minimalist - those were OOS for months, so had to look elsewhere), and a Templar's Gear (Poland) Crusader ROC, size L due to Cumberbund, designed for SAPI L. The fit inside the Minimalist PC was TIGHT, tight tight - took a few minutes to get in. The fit on the TG was "slide right in" so I'd call it a smidge "loose". But with the way the bottom flap velcro's, they get snugged right to the top, and are held perfectly on the bottom. You can feel maybe an 1/8th to a 1/4" of space on the sides, and the angle cut - but it is centered and fine. All PC's are different, so that's the best I can provide on how they fit in my two pockets.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll chip in $30 each for level III, and level IV, sending you PM for payment info.

Edit: Test funds sent!
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll chip in $10, if you can shoot it with M855 at close range.  Send a PayPal address.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Still need funds? I'd like to see M855A1 vs the lvl IV
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sure. From 22" barrel?
Quoted:
I'll chip in $10, if you can shoot it with M855 at close range.  Send a PayPal address.
to try to keep each test consistent, 45' is my test distance for rifle armor. 5.56 loads always get the 22" barrel, so we'll likely see 3115 fps from it :D
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#37]
@buffman_LT1 I’ll throw in a few bucks too, very interested in seeing how the level III perform. Shoot me your payment info. Thanks!

I’m also interested in how much foam is surrounding the plate vs the actually protective area.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I got shipping notification on my plates.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I was gonna grab a set of the IV’s since I already have a pair of the III’s but there’s only 1 IV left
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was gonna grab a set of the IV’s since I already have a pair of the III’s but there’s only 1 IV left
View Quote

Check again, my friend. Showing 160 in stock for me at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

@jerz_subbie

I was just on there and they were showing 160
Earlier today they showed out of stock
People cancellation orders? Payments not going thru? Who knows but their stock level keeps changing up and down
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Haha I literally just looked 10min before that post. Whatever, I’ll take it. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sure. From 22" barrel?
to try to keep each test consistent, 45' is my test distance for rifle armor. 5.56 loads always get the 22" barrel, so we'll likely see 3115 fps from it :D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure. From 22" barrel?
Quoted:

$20 sent. Do you typically use a 22" barrel? I feel like any incoming M855A1 is going to come from <= 16" barrels, IMO. But if it handles it from 22" that would be a big thumbs up!
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

$20 sent. Do you typically use a 22" barrel? I feel like any incoming M855A1 is going to come from <= 16" barrels, IMO. But if it handles it from 22" that would be a big thumbs up!
View Quote
I use a 22" barrel unless I have doubts as to whether a plate can stop the load at what you would call "maximum potential". In the case with the RMA 1092, RMA wasn't confident in it's ability to stop M855a1 and so I started with the 10.5". Based on Mike's test of the LAPG III, I have full confidence that M855A1 at 3100+ will get stopped :D But we shall see!
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I ordered a set of level IVs...site showed plenty in stock (still showed 139 tonight)...then I got a shipping email that one is shipping and the other is on backorder. WTF am I supposed to do with one plate?

I will give them a call in the morning and try to get it straightened out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Probably a dupe but anyway..Check out gunsandgear on YouTube. I think its a good choice for budget plates for sure. He shoots the shit out both level 3 and 4. Even 3006 AP. I think the level 3 is a killer choice but I may buy both and run the 4's up front if it doesn't throw off the balance.

Level 3= He shoots it with M855 with a 10.5 inch and 16 inch barrel and handles it.
https://youtu.be/WYLvtrxZxcs

Level 4= He shoots it with M855 with a 10.5 inch and 16 inch barrel and handles it.
https://youtu.be/W9-_6envfiE
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I use a 22" barrel unless I have doubts as to whether a plate can stop the load at what you would call "maximum potential". In the case with the RMA 1092, RMA wasn't confident in it's ability to stop M855a1 and so I started with the 10.5". Based on Mike's test of the LAPG III, I have full confidence that M855A1 at 3100+ will get stopped :D But we shall see!
View Quote

If you get a pass-through with M855A1 at 22", please drop to 16" for a second shot. You'd know best, but how does M80A1 compare to M2 AP? That seems to kill anything under Level IV, no matter what.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you get a pass-through with M855A1 at 22", please drop to 16" for a second shot. You'd know best, but how does M80A1 compare to M2 AP? That seems to kill anything under Level IV, no matter what.
View Quote
M80A1 has speed, but for whatever reason they made the steel tip "softer" than M855A1. M855A1 tips at about 59-60 RHC, but M80A1, is 49-52 RHC, where M855 steel penetrator is. M80A1's design I think lends itself to better penetration of ceramics (exposed tip), but M2AP has the hardness factor working in it's favor. Ideally I wish I could get my hands on the Lehigh defense exposed tungsten rounds as those would definitely change up thing. But I'm not a special gov't entity :(
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
M80A1 has speed, but for whatever reason they made the steel tip "softer" than M855A1. M855A1 tips at about 59-60 RHC, but M80A1, is 49-52 RHC, where M855 steel penetrator is. M80A1's design I think lends itself to better penetration of ceramics (exposed tip), but M2AP has the hardness factor working in it's favor. Ideally I wish I could get my hands on the Lehigh defense exposed tungsten rounds as those would definitely change up thing. But I'm not a special gov't entity :(
View Quote

Rrrrrrroger! Thank you, Sir!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Just a fyi, I ordered some plates and they shipped the following day. Wasnt expecting that
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top