Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2021 7:29:36 PM EDT
I usually delete their emails as soon as they come in. For some reason I opened one and found out they sell plates now
But I know nothing about them

I have two sets of heavy steel, but these seem decently priced for 6lb plates
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks like a upgrade from your steel plates.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
There are quite a few threads here about them, I think. From what I've read, they seem to be pretty well regarded for "bang for your buck" ceramic plates. According to you tube reviews, the level 3 plates actually performed like a level 4.

I have no hard armor, and I've been looking seriously at these plates. They're not as sexy as the hescos, though, so prepare for a lot of "it's your funeral, pal."

I'm in to see more responses.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully they work better than the chicom helmets.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Just go to YouTube and look up mrgunsngear
he shoots them and they held up

another member did also, but I can't recall his name at the moment.

both excellent tests and reviews.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of YouTube videos.  Relatively decent looking reviews.  I bought a pair and stuck them as rear plates, allowing my multicurve plates to ride up front in the PCs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Appreciate it! As I said I rarely open LAPG emails, perhaps that should change
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
How dare you forget thy name :D

I tested them. I believe my video is still on their product page:
LAPG IV

They are made in China indeed. By whom I do not know. I know Militech does not make them.  They do employ a reduced coverage strike face. This is not unique to China plates ( I noted a European company does this too), but does give you something to to consider. The NIJ won't shoot a plate closer than 2" from the edge, so that's how they get away with lighter plates vs say an RMA #1155 plate. I've been told LAPG is trying to get them certified, and IMO that would go a ways in proving their quality.

It did everything a Level IV should do and more. I know there are different levels of UHMWPE backer, and would say with these plates you may be giving up a little more backface.

Their level III is the only "III" I've tested to date that can stop M80A1, mainly because it's strike face is .320" thick, vs other plates tested where their strike face is .220" or less.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
They were running a deal on them with a shellback carrier for just over three bills. I had already picked up RMA 1155s with a MOPC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lots of YouTube videos.  Relatively decent looking reviews.  I bought a pair and stuck them as rear plates, allowing my multicurve plates to ride up front in the PCs.
View Quote

I did the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I would get the lvl III vs the IV based on the weight and the fact that the lvl III stops most common threats.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I got a set of lvl IIIs for $105ish each. Single curve but comfortable enough in my banshee. Only thing is the plates that came were diff mfg dates and different sizes from eachother.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It looks like a upgrade from your steel plates.
View Quote

This
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
I would get the lvl III vs the IV based on the weight and the fact that the lvl III stops most common threats.
View Quote

The level 4 are heavy AF.  I have a set of level 3 and they are nice.  About the same weight as my L210's.  But are a bit more comfortable as they are softer.  

I would buy another set if needed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How dare you forget thy name :D

I tested them. I believe my video is still on their product page:
LAPG IV

They are made in China indeed. By whom I do not know. I know Militech does not make them.  They do employ a reduced coverage strike face. This is not unique to China plates ( I noted a European company does this too), but does give you something to to consider. The NIJ won't shoot a plate closer than 2" from the edge, so that's how they get away with lighter plates vs say an RMA #1155 plate. I've been told LAPG is trying to get them certified, and IMO that would go a ways in proving their quality.

It did everything a Level IV should do and more. I know there are different levels of UHMWPE backer, and would say with these plates you may be giving up a little more backface.

Their level III is the only "III" I've tested to date that can stop M80A1, mainly because it's strike face is .320" thick, vs other plates tested where their strike face is .220" or less.
View Quote
There he is :) lol   @Buffman_LT1

Yeah he and mrgunsngear reviews are excellent and to the point!

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#15]
They're single curve. So for the same price, and if you're willing to buy chinese plates, Botach Level 4 10x12 multicurves are a better option in my opinion. For the obvious reason that they're multicurve (despite saying single curve on the website) and weigh 5.5 pounds.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I have them in my carrier and I like them. Of course, I haven't taken any hits with them yet. My carrier and plates are for sale in the EE right now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a set of 4s as a backup and tossed them in a spare shellback middle of the pack carrier I had. They are definitely better then the steel plates as far as weight. I'd use those for shooting plates personally. They seem like pretty decent plates for your upgrade from heavy steel.

I think I'm going to dedicate my LAPG rig to my scar setup when I find some 762 pouches.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#18]
15% off codes on gundeals.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top