Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2018 11:27:48 AM EDT
What is a good source to determine fair pricing on Century L1's? I'm thinking of trying to sell my rifle but of course want to get a fair price both for me and any buyers.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is a good source to determine fair pricing on Century L1's? I'm thinking of trying to sell my rifle but of course want to get a fair price both for me and any buyers.

Thanks.
View Quote
$560.00
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi OP,

Value is going to be dependent upon components, condition, configuration. Pics would be helpful. We would need to know the make of receiver...Brazilian IMBEL, Argentine Rosario FMAP, Century's own. Is it still in thumbhole configuration as Century Assembled? If not, what had been done? Is it working 100%?

My own Century L1A1 has been an off an on project for way too long. I grabbed my own rifle because it had all British parts, a complete maranyl furniture set, an Argentine receiver, and was less than $400 back in 2014. Sadly Century trashed the bbl(the flats were totally buggered), the locking shoulder looked a bit worse for wear causing me to doubt headspace, and a previous owner put some flavor of DSA hider on the chopped/shortened bbl.

In the current market FAL's are often worth the price of their parts.

HTH

Blitz-
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO it comes down to how well it runs and how complete it is. Fact is they are all (for the most part) parts guns, so that to me is the determining factor.

(Bottom in pic) I've got Century L1A1 built on an Aussie parts kit with the so called 'dreaded' Hesse receiver that has always ran like a champ (some were actually very good). I've since added the correct Aussie wood along with an early Brit Trilux SUIT scope, Aussie sling and correct long 5 slotted flash hider and a saw tooth bayonet. It was built with an original barrel with all the proof marks as well which would be another determining factor IMO.

I wouldn't take less than $1200 for the L1A1 group (gun, mags, scope and accessories) the way it is now, also have about 15 'inch' mags that all run perfect in it. I think I paid like $450 for it back around 2003. But its not for sale anyway.

Each deal will be dependent and I'd always want to shoot it first or at least see a video of it running a few mags before I'd make an offer no matter the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Imbel receiver, Smith's brake, 922 compliance parts. Stocks etc. were sprayed with truck bed liner years ago. Besides those few things it's as I bought it way back in the day from Rose's dept. store.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
As a package I’d guess $700-900. If sold as a receiver and parts kit $600-$750 for the receiver and $500-600 for the kit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It's worth more parted out? That's interesting.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
It is right now. Take a look on gunbroker at stripped Imbel receivers and the few inch parts kits. Also on the fal files marketplace section. DS prefixed DSA receivers are going for $800-900 right now. That’s what they’re selling for. Fal parts are getting expensive. Especially quality receivers, which you have.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Historical search on gunbroker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top