Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2021 12:37:50 PM EDT
Since the attempt to ask a valid tech question appeared to attract GD trolls and haters in the other thread, let’s get the specific question answered without any bullshit posts and asshat remarks!

WHAT, IF ANY RELIABILITY ISSUES HAS THE KRISS VECTOR 9mm PISTOL HAD OR HAS? I don’t care about the .45 or the 10mm! Remember, this is a TECH forum, not GD.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since the attempt to ask a valid tech question appeared to attract GD trolls and haters in the other thread, let’s get the specific question answered without any bullshit posts and asshat remarks!

WHAT, IF ANY RELIABILITY ISSUES HAS THE KRISS VECTOR 9mm PISTOL HAD OR HAS? I don’t care about the .45 or the 10mm! Remember, this is a TECH forum, not GD.
View Quote

There are no major overarching issues with its design or manufacture. Just as was stated in the other thread. What answers are you wanting that you haven’t already received?
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are no major overarching issues with its design or manufacture. Just as was stated in the other thread. What answers are you wanting that you haven’t already received?
View Quote

A few claimed there were reliability issues. They didn’t specify what and just made a derogatory claim with no explanation. Only thing I can think is that they are equating their personal hate as reliability issues and are trolling hard on Kriss.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
After researching the Kriss Vector in 9mm specifically, I can find no evidence of reliability issues "as stated" here in random posts and others in the PCC forum. I will be ordering one as soon as possible and will have a full comprehensive review afterward.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine has been reliable.   9mm pistol variation and it even runs well using those $7 cheap Korean Glock mags that Global Arms had on special a while back.  Cocking handle was stiff at first - it eased up after use and lube.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A few claimed there were reliability issues. They didn’t specify what and just made a derogatory claim with no explanation. Only thing I can think is that they are equating their personal hate as reliability issues and are trolling hard on Kriss.
View Quote

Respectfully, your post in the other thread is right beneath someone who specified that he was having bullet setback and failures to feed with the 9mm version and indicated his belief that it was due to steep feed ramp. Why don’t you just direct message him and ask for more details?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Respectfully, your post in the other thread is right beneath someone who specified that he was having bullet setback and failures to feed with the 9mm version and indicated his belief that it was due to steep feed ramp. Why don’t you just direct message him and ask for more details?
View Quote

I will contact him, thank you for catching that. I was informed by a non ARF member owner of the 9mm Kriss that his setback issue was due to a bad Korean magazine being used but that was one verified issue that I had found but not an issue with the firearm itself. Again, I will contact that person and see what happened and if it were corrected. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
No issues with my 16" carbine with round nose FMJs.  Never tried JHPs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had a SDP with a 5.5" barrel.  When I first got it, I would occasionally get a fail to eject.  The bolt would come back pretty quickly and catch the brass every so often.  Once in a great while it got caught in a funky area that wasn't easily cleared.  Gold dot hollow points and any similar flat point would occasionally get stuck at the base of the feed ramp.  Once I started using different profile bullets, it hasn't been an issue.

I no longer have any of the fail-to-eject issues.  I think it just took about 1000 rounds to get well-broken in.  The recoil spring is pretty stiff, but it is probably necessary.  I never had any issues running suppressed.  I may have had some weak ammo (combined with new gun) early on.

Every gun has its personality and quirks.  Now that I know its diet, I feel comfortable running it w/o issues.  Keep in mind that there is no over-insertion protection.  It can affect the ejector if you ramrod the mag.  Just something to be aware of.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a Long time member here so im not a noob here to bash Kriss.....and i am also an owner of a 9mm SDP-SB Enhanced that i have worn out my affection for.      I have currently abouty 400 rounds through mine and i can hardly get through a magazine without at least one or two failures to eject.     ejection pattern is weird as it will throw brass up and down, fore and aft,    it hates blaser.      HST +p , Federal 124 have been most reliable if you want to call it that.    i have about had it before it goes back to Kriss

A vid i put on the Kriss Vector Facebook group

Ejection pattern
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it possible using the brace in a higher mount (only the soft parts touching your shoulder) is affecting the cycling?  I know you're bringing it up to a heads up position, but I wonder if it would be more consistent with something solid behind it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I know the OP didn't want to hear about 45 but the design of the bolt face is the same.  The extractor is set at an angle that doesn't control the case as it is extracted and this can cause it to fail to eject.
This is a known issue back from the day when it was only 45ACP as per my conversation with their chief armorer.  It would take a total redesign of the bolt and extractor to fix this and that won't happen.
Not bashing the gun, it's just it's own particular quirk.
I cannot explain why some guns do this and others don't.

Quoted:
I am a Long time member here so im not a noob here to bash Kriss.....and i am also an owner of a 9mm SDP-SB Enhanced that i have worn out my affection for.      I have currently abouty 400 rounds through mine and i can hardly get through a magazine without at least one or two failures to eject.     ejection pattern is weird as it will throw brass up and down, fore and aft,    it hates blaser.      HST +p , Federal 124 have been most reliable if you want to call it that.    i have about had it before it goes back to Kriss

A vid i put on the Kriss Vector Facebook group

Ejection pattern
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know the OP didn't want to hear about 45 but the design of the bolt face is the same.  The extractor is set at an angle that doesn't control the case as it is extracted and this can cause it to fail to eject.
This is a known issue back from the day when it was only 45ACP as per my conversation with their chief armorer.  It would take a total redesign of the bolt and extractor to fix this and that won't happen.
Not bashing the gun, it's just it's own particular quirk.
I cannot explain why some guns do this and others don't.

View Quote

I think it may have to do with the ejection port. My 9mm so far after 200 rounds has been issue free. I’ve tried several mags to include the extended 40s, 33s and 24s OEM Glock. All work 109%. Ejection seems to place cases between the 2 and 5 O’clock positions randomly. I still need to get out to the range again and put more rounds down and try Magpul mags as well as other maker mags. I’ve been using Winchester white box 115gr FMJ but will also try Federal and IWI next. So far so good.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My take on my personal gun

When its clean it does ok until it gets dirty.  Once it starts getting dirty it turns into a bag of dogshit.  Adding a suppressor makes this process speed up.   I am talking from clean to function dumpster in a single range trip.   I am using real glock mags in multiple capacities.   I think if they made this to take real SMG magazines it might be a more interesting gun.  The Glock magazines are also a source for my hate for this gun.  If you actually roll to the range and shoot a high round count on one you will understand why glock mags are garbage.  

I have:

CZ Scorp
MPX
MP5, SD, and K  (home built)
Uzi
Kriss
Colt style SBR AR

Out of them all the KRISS is my least reliable PCC.  If you want an interesting weapon that gets oohs and ahh then party on.  If you want a reliable weapon then pass.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:17:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My take on my personal gun

When its clean it does ok until it gets dirty.  Once it starts getting dirty it turns into a bag of dogshit.  Adding a suppressor makes this process speed up.   I am talking from clean to function dumpster in a single range trip.   I am using real glock mags in multiple capacities.   I think if they made this to take real SMG magazines it might be a more interesting gun.  The Glock magazines are also a source for my hate for this gun.  If you actually roll to the range and shoot a high round count on one you will understand why glock mags are garbage.  

I have:

CZ Scorp
MPX
MP5, SD, and K  (home built)
Uzi
Kriss
Colt style SBR AR

Out of them all the KRISS is my least reliable PCC.  If you want an interesting weapon that gets oohs and ahh then party on.  If you want a reliable weapon then pass.
View Quote

Hmmmm, you may have a lemon or you are chambered on .45 (which we are NOT discussing here). I’m on 1100 rounds so far and have not cleaned my 9mm KRISS and not one malfunction.

Glock OEM 17rnd, 33rnd, KRISS 40rnd extensions all run fine. Even two Magpul 21rnd mags with no issues.
I’ll have to write a strongly worded email to KRISS on why mine runs 100%. I feel like I am missing out on the butt hurt!

ETA: oh yeah, ejection pattern seems to be boringly normal as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Old thread, but I'll add based on what I've seen since I'm working on one now. Select fire 9mm. It's been through multiple bolts/firing pins.

The heat treat on the firing pin is soft, the return spring is heavy and there's not enough bearing surface where it contacts the retainer pin.

This is the firing pin. The impact against the retainer displaced material outward causing the pin to seize inside the bolt.

Temp fix since firing pin kits are out of stock right now. I plan on replacing the spring with a shorter, lighter one and lightening the firing pin to reduce the inertia. Cleaned up the diameter .001" under original. Slides fine now.

If this doesn't fix it, we can make a new firing pin and/or possibly mod the bolt to have 2 retainer pins installed vertically to distribute the load and move them closer to centerline to get more contact area (there's room to go to a larger pin diameter in the existing hole also).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top