Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2020 5:31:00 PM EDT
Can you spot red flags if you were a potential buyer of a carbine like this?

It is not original:

1. Bottom sling swivel indicates it left the factory as a full stock carbine not a folder.

2. Box can not be original since that carbine would not fit in it from the factory.

Seller is hoping he gets someone other than a smart buyer.

Why am I posting this?  I am tired of people being duped.  If it sells for a fair price for what it is OK, but most times buyers pay high prices thinking it is original.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/857361977
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I appreciate you pointing out the differences and potential misunderstandings of the sale.

What makes you think this is anything but a guy selling a Mini in a folder with what he thinks is original? Seems to me if he wanted to sell it in deceit, he would be asking $1500+ like others have for factory folders.

Honestly, it seems like a guy selling a Mini that came into his possession (and probably doesn't know Samson is coming out with new folsers).
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Like I stated......

"If it sells for a fair price for what it is OK, but most times buyers pay high prices thinking it is original."

Ruger boxes are SNed to the Carbine. Fair guess he knows what is going on. But, maybe box end label was removed or defaced.

It is an auction so he is not asking a price.

One thing nice about the Samson stock is that it is easily distinguishable (with knowledge) from a original vintage Ruger.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
How is the sling mounted on a factory model?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the sling mounted on a factory model?
View Quote
front swivel is on the side not the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for taking the time to let us know. I wouldn't have.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
You can call Ruger with the s/n. They'll verify the original configuration.
Sometimes sellers swap the gas block/swivel also.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Some law enforcemnt folders also had the sling on the bottom, so it mostly true but thats not the definitive check.  The only way is to run the serial number with Ruger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top