Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2018 9:23:12 PM EDT
They're finally out there to buy. But they're pretty pricey right now.
I suppose in 6 months they'll come down in price.

example:

Kel tec-s Survival
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no expert but I fail to see what the fuss is about.  Tagged to see other responses.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm no expert but I fail to see what the fuss is about.  Tagged to see other responses.
View Quote
I'm 100% not a buyer at that price point, but if it were in the $800 range, I'd buy for the novelty of a rifle that collapses to less than 16" and looks like it stows rather well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
No thanks looks dildos
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
$1500 HAH! No thanks, I'll build an AR pistol for half that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope. Never. Like, I don't even want to try it. That grip looks ....nonexistent. Seriously, how do you even hold the thing? It looks like it wanted to be a thumbhole stock, or maybe more traditional stock, but where does your thumb to go?

EDIT: Also, that listing reeks. I wouldn't touch it with YOUR ten foot pole.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 7:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I rarely use the word hideous but that thing is hideous.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It’s ugly, looks non ergonomic, and costs  more than proven weapons. What’s the allur?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It’s ugly, looks non ergonomic, and costs  more than proven weapons. What’s the allur?
View Quote
It's short (less than 26" with stock closed), light (5lbs) gas piston with downward eject. Adjustable gas system and no gas in face mean it's supposed to be one of the best rifles to suppress. While there are lots of AR's cheaper, what other 223 rifles are? (By that I mean actual price of $900-1100, not current inflated asking prices.)
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Sven,

Any goodies in your pipeline for the RDB-Survival?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw one at a local gun show in FL a month or so ago, but just walked in by.  Seemed pretty *meh* to me.  Plus, already have a normal RDB.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
So is this supposed to be a survival type rifle that stows easily, or a "featureless" version of the RDB for sale in states with strict gun laws?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So is this supposed to be a survival type rifle that stows easily, or a "featureless" version of the RDB for sale in states with strict gun laws?
View Quote
I think it's just a low profile model. It does have a regular magazine release instead of the normal RDB paddle.

There is a different, but similar, California model. The Survival has a threaded barrel under that front sight.

For some reason I want to make an integral suppressed model of the Survival.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
What is the appeal of this gun? If I was gifted it I would not accept it. Awful..
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is the appeal of this gun? If I was gifted it I would not accept it. Awful..
View Quote
Like some of their earlier designs (sub-2k, su-16) this one appeals largely for something meant to be very light and compact. It weighs like 5lb, and is as short and streamlined as possible. I really want one for a lightweight compact hunting rifle, but I’ll probably change out the grip to a standard pistol grip (which they say is 100% doable).
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Yuk
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm mostly curious if the "S" handguard will fit on the standard RDB.

According to visual measurements they should interchange.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Let the urine drinking begin!  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Keystone or PBR?
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I fail to see the purpose of this "thing" maybe I need to drink more urine, I don't know..,

I wish they would use their limited resources to improve the RDB, which is dam fine Pup.

- better CHF 1:7 barrel
- roll out the official RDB m-lok rail. I know they exist my buddy has one.
- improve the feel of the plastic, O - I am sorry polymer, to fell like other top shelf selections
- get rid of the gay two piece construction on the lower
- change the sling mounts out to QD type

with these changes in my opinion they would truly have a rifle in the same class as my Tavor & AUG. But instead they are chasing urine drinkers
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd be more interested if they offered that model with a standard pistol grip. I'll reserve judgement until I handle one, but that does not look ergonomic to me at all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I would probably go for one at half that price ~ $800

KelTec RDB Survival- Nutnfancy Full Review
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd be more interested if they offered that model with a standard pistol grip. I'll reserve judgement until I handle one, but that does not look ergonomic to me at all.
View Quote
If they offered one with a pistol grip that would pretty much be the RDB...
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can change the grip to a pistol grip. Kel Tec's got that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If they offered one with a pistol grip that would pretty much be the RDB...
View Quote
Not really. The RDB-S has that stock extension that allows them to have a shorter barrel than the regular RDB.

So, I guess what people are really saying is they want a regular RDB with the stock extension. And the M-Lok handguard.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Like some of their earlier designs (sub-2k, su-16) this one appeals largely for something meant to be very light and compact. It weighs like 5lb, and is as short and streamlined as possible. I really want one for a lightweight compact hunting rifle, but I'll probably change out the grip to a standard pistol grip (which they say is 100% doable).
View Quote
There is already a full pistol grip version out. This is a variation of the original.

Link Posted: 3/19/2018 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There is already a full pistol grip version out. This is a variation of the original.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2017/05/06/6802064_01_kel_tec_rbd_5_56_640.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like some of their earlier designs (sub-2k, su-16) this one appeals largely for something meant to be very light and compact. It weighs like 5lb, and is as short and streamlined as possible. I really want one for a lightweight compact hunting rifle, but I'll probably change out the grip to a standard pistol grip (which they say is 100% doable).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2017/05/06/6802064_01_kel_tec_rbd_5_56_640.jpg
Well yeah, I’m meaning I’d like the weight savings of the survival with the form factor of the original. I’ve been holding out from the standard because, while it’s not heavy, it’s not as light as the survival variant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top