Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2023 1:18:53 AM EDT
An unexpected demo of one of KAC's new generation 3D-printed flow-through suppressors (5.56 mini version):

Knights Armament QDC/MCQ-PRT - Quick and Dirty

NOT MY VIDEO
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Friend got to check one out at a trade show a few back. Said it was a pretty cool setup.

Surprising claim it’s not designed to fit a 11.5”.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Surprising claim it’s not designed to fit a 11.5”.
View Quote

I've seen Jason Falla of KAC with the previous QDC CQB on his 11.5" CQB upper. Other companies like Surefire state their short cans are intended for 14.5" or longer barrels. With this flow-through design, I'm guessing the flash of this model is more than KAC is comfortable recommending.

I posted this video before watching the whole thing and it doesn't demonstrate much, I was hoping for at least a comparison with some other small suppressors and a flash demo like some of his other vids. Hopefully more to come.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
So KAC says or recommends this on a 14.5 not so much the 11.5? I have one on the way so waiting to buy a 14.5 MOD2 upper after everyone tries them out.
I can see why on a 14.5 being the muzzle is further away and making it no too long makes sense?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So KAC says or recommends this on a 14.5 not so much the 11.5? I have one on the way so waiting to buy a MOD2 upper after everyone tries them out.
I can see why on a 14.5 being the muzzle is further away and making it no too long makes sense?
View Quote

All that's known is that the CQB upper above didn't fit it right in factory form. KAC has only a small list of specs on their site. The rest of what I said was a somewhat educated guess why they wouldn't design it for 11.5" barrels.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The right way to do things....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know what the problem is? Also, that might be the ONLY way to address the issue on many 3D printed designs. If you sell a bunch of irreparable cans, a lot of people are going to be expecting you to eat $200 stamps and mega-pissed they wasted a year.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Bad news early (with a solution) beats surprises later.  Putting customer safety or satisfaction ahead of perception, marketing, buzz is solid business in the long run.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Good find. I hate how disjointed these forums are.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Saying fuck every third word isn’t cool.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Saying fuck every third word isn’t cool.
View Quote

+1

Guy is incredibly annoying
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently you have to shim the muzzle device out a bit for it to fit the rail on most 11.5 CQB mod 2's

I'm deff not getting one of these until I see what surefire is bringing with the RC3.  

I'm only getting one more 556 can - its either going to be a full-size one of these or a full-size RC3
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Apparently you have to shim the muzzle device out a bit for it to fit the rail on most 11.5 CQB mod 2's

I'm deff not getting one of these until I see what surefire is bringing with the RC3.  

I'm only getting one more 556 can - its either going to be a full-size one of these or a full-size RC3
View Quote

To be fair, they did a really good job on those guns with maximizing SBR rail estate. I’ve got that rail on a 12.5”, because it didn’t fit with the can I was using with a shorter barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top