BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PresampleDepot:
I doubt you'll see some blanket "yeah we're going to honor someone blowing up a suppressor or getting a cap strike" with no questions asked.
View Quote

There are plenty of companies in this industry that take exactly that approach - almost word for word. Rugged. Silencer Co. OCL (as long as you “aren’t a dick”). Vortex Optics. I’m sure I am missing a few.

Case-by-case is fine, but don’t “lol” at someone for asking a legit question about suppressors. While KAC may set the bar for some products, these other companies set the bar for service/warranty. Given the price of a KAC can over others, it’s a very legitimate question.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:00:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gopeder111] [#2]
Originally Posted By Jack_L:

Some parts of the new suppressor design can be repaired, but generally speaking, the end cap cannot be replaced. Please bear in mind that these suppressors are designed to be incredibly durable and a removable end-cap would compromise that structure. That said, a minor strike will generally not matter much and can usually be smoothed out.
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification. I was curious as to whether it could be cut off and a new one welded/printed on so the owner would not have to play the waiting game with the ATF for another F4 approval but that answers the question.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:52:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#3]

Sounds like your distributor is making assumptions.

Our recall notice stated:
"Knight’s Armament Company has discovered a potential issue with recently released suppressors that may cause damage to the suppressor during use."

I cannot disclose any more than that, as patent pending design features of these new suppressors are KAC IP, but I can say that the issue is far away from "blowing up".
View Quote

Jack,

Thank you for this information. I’m seeing the  QDC MCQ PRT in stock at a couple of places. Are the ones we can purchase from vendors right now good to go or might they be subject to the recall as well?

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stickyheat:
Jack,
Thank you for this information. I’m seeing the  QDC MCQ PRT in stock at a couple of places. Are the ones we can purchase from vendors right now good to go or might they be subject to the recall as well?
View Quote

Eric is correct. There may be some out there that the SOT is unaware of the recall (we are doing everything we can to track all of these down, but it's a long process and not everyone is great about answering calls or returning emails), BUT if it went out after the recall notice, it's good to go. ALL of those will have the proofing "P" mark. IF THE MARK IS ABSENT, IT NEEDS TO COME HOME FOR A CHECKUP. That return can happen while the paperwork is in for transfer, making it completely painless for the buyer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
RE the 11.5/PRT issue, I guess someone needs to make some 0.0357" shims so one could reuse the existing stack.  1mm is close but no cigar.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lthrneck-03] [#7]
Anyone have any info on turn around time to get it back from being tested?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AmericanSheepDog:
Here’s a question I don’t think has been asked: will there be clearance issues for the 13.5” URX 3.1 on a 14.5” barrel with the new suppressor?

Ive considered swapping my URX 4 for the 3.1 because it looks so good, but i definitely want to retain compatibility for the new suppressor
View Quote

Sorry to double-tap this, but I didn't see an answer. Anyone have any experience?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:06:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#9]
Originally Posted By Lthrneck-03:

Thanks
View Quote

Page 2:

These should be in and out in less than 10 working days. We are sequencing arrivals to avoid a log-jam.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks
View Quote

Well, despite the best efforts of those involved, we did indeed wind up with a log-jam and exceeded the 10-day turn-around in most cases.
Now that we are a few months deep into the recall, volume has dropped significantly, so we should be getting these done in that 2-3 week window.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Sorry to double-tap this, but I didn't see an answer. Anyone have any experience?
View Quote

With regard to the compatibility with the Mod 2 CQB handguard, that is not affected by the recall.
The recall was due to a potential issue that could damage the suppressor if present.

To fit all Mod 2 CQBs, the locking collar of the suppressor can be changed (contact customer service) to a shorter version that is not compatible with the shroud, or an additional .075 can be added to the shim stack of the muzzle device.
We will also make compatible URX6 handguards available to anyone that is experiencing non-compatibility issues.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone here on the list, waiting for a shorter collar, received theirs yet?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Well, despite the best efforts of those involved, we did indeed wind up with a log-jam and exceeded the 10-day turn-around in most cases.
Now that we are a few months deep into the recall, volume has dropped significantly, so we should be getting these done in that 2-3 week window.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.

S/F
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

Page 2:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

Thanks

Page 2:

These should be in and out in less than 10 working days. We are sequencing arrivals to avoid a log-jam.

Thanks for the help, but my question was not answered by Jack’s reply on page 2 lol

I asked if there are compatibility issues with the new suppressor on a rifle with 13.5” URX 3.1 and 14.5” barrel.

Judging by his most recent reply, I’m going to assume not.

CQB Barrel length (11.5”) - CQB URX4 Length (10.75”) = 0.75” and this setup only needs to be shimmed out .075”

14.5” barrel - 13.5” URX 3.1 = 1”
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:50:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#15]

Thanks for the help, but my question was not answered by Jack’s reply on page 2 lol

I asked if there are compatibility issues with the new suppressor on a rifle with 13.5” URX 3.1 and 14.5” barrel.

Judging by his most recent reply, I’m going to assume not.

CQB Barrel length (11.5”) - CQB URX4 Length (10.75”) = 0.75” and this setup only needs to be shimmed out .075”

14.5” barrel - 13.5” URX 3.1 = 1”
View Quote

Multi-quote strikes again lol. Sorry I couldn’t help.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#16]
All good brother, thanks haha
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure if this is has been mentioned or not, but are there any cleaning intervals or maintenance one needs to do in the PRT cans to maintain performance?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Razorhunter] [#18]
For anyone waiting on a shorter Knights suppressor collar, check your spam box. I just caught my notification email asking to confirm my suppressor S/N and asking my color preference for my collar. The email landed in my spam box on 31 Jan.
 Just a heads up guys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#19]
For those of us who have the MCQ, when will we be able to purchase the shroud?

@Jack_L
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
For those of us who have the MCQ, when will we be able to purchase the shroud?

@Jack_L
View Quote

I will have some production updates by next week for commercial release timelines.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Alternatively, one could upgrade to the URX6 handguard and maintain full compatibility with the suppressor line and accessories.
View Quote

Damn, KAC is sending free handguards out for people?  That's excellent customer service, IMHO.  It's not quite like making the product right in the first place, but if your can "comes with" a free $350 handguard, that's not terrible.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Razorhunter:
For anyone waiting on a shorter Knights suppressor collar, check your spam box. I just caught my notification email asking to confirm my suppressor S/N and asking my color preference for my collar. The email landed in my spam box on 31 Jan.
 Just a heads up guys.
View Quote

How does one get on the list to get one of these? My can is in my possession and I really want to shoot it on my 11.5” KAC’s.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dmtsc:

How does one get on the list to get one of these? My can is in my possession and I really want to shoot it on my 11.5” KAC’s.

Thanks
View Quote

Send them an email with your cans serial number.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Razorhunter] [#24]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

Damn, KAC is sending free handguards out for people?  That's excellent customer service, IMHO.  It's not quite like making the product right in the first place, but if your can "comes with" a free $350 handguard, that's not terrible.
View All Quotes
Alternatively, one could upgrade to the URX6 handguard and maintain full compatibility with the suppressor line and accessories.

Whoa hold up, common sense and logic dictate that “One could upgrade to the URX 6” does not necessarily mean they are giving out free handguards my man. They are giving out free (shortened) suppressor collars. Not free URX6 rails.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Razorhunter:

Send them an email with your cans serial number.

[email protected]
View Quote

Done, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Not at all what was said.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone have a pic of the can with the replacement short locking collar? The short collar mounted on a 11.5”? Mine is on the way but I’m curious how the new short collar looks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have a pic of the can with the replacement short locking collar? The short collar mounted on a 11.5”? Mine is on the way but I’m curious how the new short collar looks.
View Quote

There’s some on Reddit, it’s weird looking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#29]

I will have some production updates by next week for commercial release timelines.
View Quote

Any updates you can share?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I think it was my post the next guy was talking about, I did the swap and posted it to reddit for others to see. Heres the album. Please note, I already had shimmed out my 11.5

https://imgur.com/a/GLdIYe0
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By OlacAttack:

I think it was my post the next guy was talking about, I did the swap and posted it to reddit for others to see. Heres the album. Please note, I already had shimmed out my 11.5

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OlacAttack:

Thanks!

Got mine in today, pic for others. It’s the same collar as my previous KAC suppressors I believe.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top